Croydon Police Shooting

16 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Still one vital question that remains unanswered.

How could the preliminary search on the suspect reveal he had quantities of drugs and ammunition on his person, but somehow didn't manage to find a gun?

They only asked him to turn out his pockets, Beano style. 

Apparently 1 of the arresting officers was a Special Constable.  Will depend who searched him and where the gun was concealed but after finding the ammo I would have thought they would have carried out a more thorough search in the van. I would, however, imagine that 2 officers have a huge guilt complex at the moment which will probably never go away.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I can just about believe that he managed to shoot the polis but then being able to turn the gun on himself would have been impossible surely?

This reminds me of the GCHQ guy who according to the courts locked himself in a rucksack.

I'm sure it was a suitcase with the case locked from the outside.

Did he not like wanking in enclosed spaces or something?  Same happened to David Carradine.  People asked how he could have tied himself up in a wardrobe to knock out some knuckle children.  The answer is practice.  That and safe supervision.

57 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Did he not like wanking in enclosed spaces or something?  Same happened to David Carradine.  People asked how he could have tied himself up in a wardrobe to knock out some knuckle children.  The answer is practice.  That and safe supervision.

David Carradine was in Bangkok. There's no chance he was alone!

48 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Have to say the more I see about this the more I think he probably wasn't handcuffed

Disagree. If the IOPC say he was handcuffed he was. Even the images being shown above in this thread show chain handcuffs and a hands back-back style of handcuffing. If he was handcuffed in a stacked (one arm above the other, its hard to describe properly in words) to the rear position in a pair of rigid bar handcuffs like those used by police in the UK then its entirely possible he could have reached into his waistband and his hand would have been in a position to shoot a gun. 
People are speculating all over the place about this and basing their speculation on ill-informed and self professed knowledge of things that stems from nothing but watching tv programs and films. 

The reason police are taught to ‘stack’ cuffs is because they are strangulation hazard when put on in the way often seen on TV ‘back to back’. Just because cuffs are on doesnt preclude threat, they are control measure not a shield and this sometimes leads to complacency, no one will know what happened except those involved and those who have access to the full facts/video etc.   Couple of pics from the two different techniques. To show, the stacked position is deemed to be the safest with rigid cuffs as they prevent someone being able to use the rigid bar as a weapon for choking, which is far more likely than having a gun stashed, makes it hard for someone to step through the cuffs from the rear to the front also (which is surprisingly common). 

its also possible to access something stashed in waist band with the back to back method. 

4C8B4B8F-129F-404C-BAF9-3735D81EC52A.jpeg

E80CC7A6-E03A-4E31-9EB3-398B6EC1D406.jpeg

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

Makes a hard man humble.  FWIW.  I’ve been to Bangkok.  Total fucking dump.  Never wanked in a wardrobe over there.  Can’t be much different to doing it here.

There was that Tory MP that literally shuffled of the mortal coil doing that too. Stephen Milligan.  I think the embarrassment stems from he was found wearing a Chelsea top.

I stand corrected.  According to Wikipedia....

Milligan's corpse was found naked except for a pair of stockings and suspenders, with an electrical flex tied around his neck, a black bin liner over his head and an orange in his mouth

Edited by Lofarl