Croydon Police Shooting

I hate linking to a TV program as an example, however this seems to be the only kind of insight most people have and in terms of relatability, i’d say Southland is one of the best police themed shows ever made in terms of realism etc second only to the wire and bosch. This scene has a police officer shot by a suspect handcuffed to the rear and although we have nothing other than the info from the IOPC statement etc this particular example shows ‘how it could have happened’. 
https://youtu.be/V_EKwNOuBUg

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I hate linking to a TV program as an example, however this seems to be the only kind of insight most people have and in terms of relatability, i’d say Southland is one of the best police themed shows ever made in terms of realism etc second only to the wire and bosch. This scene has a police officer shot by a suspect handcuffed to the rear and although we have nothing other than the info from the IOPC statement etc this particular example shows ‘how it could have happened’. 
https://youtu.be/V_EKwNOuBUg

You will obviously have a greater insight and understanding on these matters than most of the rest of us. 

Can you explain how, if the suspect was searched, and quantities of drugs and ammunition were found, no gun was found?

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You will obviously have a greater insight and understanding on these matters than most of the rest of us. 

Can you explain how, if the suspect was searched, and quantities of drugs and ammunition were found, no gun was found?

No because i wasnt there??? 
Most likely human error???? Not everything has to be a massive conspiracy. The IOPC would not be involved in a cover up for the police. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No because i wasnt there??? 
Most likely human error???? Not everything has to be a massive conspiracy. The IOPC would not be involved in a cover up for the police. 

I haven't suggested there was/is any kind of a massive conspiracy going on here.

13 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

In RN basic training, we had a day spent detaining and searching people. Whilst we went on a fag break, one guy was kept back and when we returned a volunteer was told to frisk him. He was dutifully patted down and nothing found.  The instructor then gleefully pulled out the hand grenade, explosives and detonators they'd hidden on him. The best bit was when he removed the belt of machine gun ammunition from around his waist!

It's very easy to miss stuff on a search, particularly if the situation is tense, the suspect is struggling and/or the person doing the search is inexperienced. Wasn't one of the arresting officers a Special Constable? 

52 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

In RN basic training, we had a day spent detaining and searching people. Whilst we went on a fag break, one guy was kept back and when we returned a volunteer was told to frisk him. He was dutifully patted down and nothing found.  The instructor then gleefully pulled out the hand grenade, explosives and detonators they'd hidden on him. The best bit was when he removed the belt of machine gun ammunition from around his waist!

It's very easy to miss stuff on a search, particularly if the situation is tense, the suspect is struggling and/or the person doing the search is inexperienced. Wasn't one of the arresting officers a Special Constable? 

Words like hell and fucking spring to mind here!

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

When I were a lad  I had a half ounce of soap bar on me and got pulled over by plod after being followed for a bit. I managed to put the hash in my right sock on the inside of my leg before I got out. When they told me they were going to pat me down I presumed they were going to find it and resigned myself to the fact I was going back to the cop shop. The officer doing the search seemed to touch every bit of my body except for where the dope was and let me go on my merry way. The relief was immense. 

Fun fact: That stop and search happened only yards from where Declan Gallagher and his mates would eventually leather someone with a baseball bat and get time for. 

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Whilst not quite a grenade, I do remember being told about a woman who covertly brought in a pack of fags, some drugs, a can of irn bru and a lighter... you can imagine where it was stored. 

I've been with a few birds who look like they've had a grenade detonate in their fanny. 

In the build up to a major terrorist trial a number of years ago myself and a colleague walked into the designated prison area with the component parts of a gun secreted about us. We were searched and scanned and permitted entry.  There was much embarrassment when we went into a room and assembled the gun and caller the searching officers in.