Croydon Police Shooting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54293111

This story is pretty odd, especially with this morning's reports that the suspect was handcuffed behind his back when it happened. He has somehow managed to shoot a police officer, as well as shooting himself in the chest, in the middle of a police station, while handcuffed behind his back, with a gun which must have been hidden somewhere on his person, as they were about to conduct a search.

In true ICTChris style, have any P&Bers ever shot a policeman in a police station?

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

This story is pretty odd, especially with this morning's reports that the suspect was handcuffed behind his back when it happened. He has somehow managed to shoot a police officer, as well as shooting himself in the chest, in the middle of a police station, while handcuffed behind his back, with a gun which must have been hidden somewhere on his person, as they were about to conduct a search.

In true ICTChris style, have any P&Bers ever shot a policeman in a police station?

No, but I did turn up at Sunhill police station which had a few police cars and what looked like plain clothes officers wandering about, looking for directions only to be told it was an ITN studio and sure enough the next day the sign was down and there was no sign of any life whatsover. 

Not related to the story other than it wasn't too far from Croydon, but it just reminded me of it. Carry on. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I knew this would be odd when I read the headline yesterday - "Police officer shot in Croydon police station". (I didn't read it.)

Just now, Dee Man said:

No, but I did turn up at Sunhill police station which had a few police cars and what looked like plain clothes officers wandering about, looking for directions only to be told it was an ITN studio and sure enough the next day the sign was down and there was no sign of any life whatsover. 

Not related to the story other than it wasn't too far from Croydon, but it just reminded me of it. Carry on. 

I thought you said it was The Bill?

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I was in an episode of Taggart when they started filming it round Strathclyde Uni

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have. Didn’t go well for me.

0DB2E43D-4627-4A3D-A4E3-F530979FC164.jpeg

I’ll just put this out there...this thread seems ideally set up for puns. 

On reading the story and seeing the poor boy was on the verge of retiring, only to be shot by some mad wannabe terrorist, I feel bad.

Edited by Scary Bear

The suspect was arrested for possession of drugs and ammunition, he had previously been referred to the Prevent counter terrorism programme. According to reports his hands were handcuffed behind his back and he was about to be searched with a metal detector when he managed to fire a revolver and kill Sgt Ratana.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not in a police station, no.

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Maybe his gun went off as they were all falling down the stairs.

ETA my best attempts were the odd half hearted struggle to get put in the car. Usually resulting in banging my head of the door frame.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Ever had the feeling we're maybe not getting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from these reports?

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Ever had the feeling we're maybe not getting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from these reports?

You mean the police would lie to cover up their negligence? No never!

Of course not, don't be silly.

Reading more reports on this case, it would appear the suspect had been searched and was being taken into custody because quantities of drugs and ammunition had been found on him. He hadn't undergone an intimate body search at that stage, which might explain why no gun was found. 

Hmmmm.....

Wouldn't you have thought someone might have noticed he was walking a bit strangely?

Of course not, don't be silly.
Reading more reports on this case, it would appear the suspect had been searched and was being taken into custody because quantities of drugs and ammunition had been found on him. He hadn't undergone an intimate body search at that stage, which might explain why no gun was found. 
Hmmmm.....
Wouldn't you have thought someone might have noticed he was walking a bit strangely?
I dont see how anyone can question the events, its incredibly feasible he hid a gun somewhere which wouldn't be found on a search, got it out and accurately shot an officer all whilst his hands were cuffed behind his back.

The 18 bus that took us from Firhill to Springburn once stopped at the police officer station due to the high jinks of the assorted Jags fans on the top deck. I dont think anyone entered the station and shot anyone but I was too busy running away to actually find out.