What if there's no fitba until 2021-22?

TFW

A lot of the talk so far has been about whether or not we can start again some time this year. Arguments have raged as well about whether the game can go ahead with or without fans at our level.

What is the likely outcome for clubs if the whole season is adjourned until 2021-22? Would going a whole potential season without any cash coming in (and maybe little or no expenditure) make a real difference as and when the game does go ahead again? Would some clubs find it difficult to go the whole season with nothing happening? Would some f them count their blessings, accept it, and hope that their fans will still contribute to the coffers to keep things going?

I asked the question on another post, and there were no answers, but what about the issue of Public Liability Insurance? It's the reason many rural communities have lost their village fetes, carnivals, gala weeks, etc. If, and when, the insurance industry takes stock of what's going on and decides that there has to be £***** for any club to continue, we are at the same place that the previously mentioned rural fetes, etc have disappeared from our lives. How can that be met? 

Am of the opinion that if there is going to be any kind of financial support for the game to continue well into the future, perhaps we look at this issue. It won't cost governments anything, it could prove popular because everyone knows full well it's a scam for insurance companies to rip off the general public, and it's easily rectified. 

Thoughts, anyone?

A lot of the talk so far has been about whether or not we can start again some time this year. Arguments have raged as well about whether the game can go ahead with or without fans at our level.
What is the likely outcome for clubs if the whole season is adjourned until 2021-22? Would going a whole potential season without any cash coming in (and maybe little or no expenditure) make a real difference as and when the game does go ahead again? Would some clubs find it difficult to go the whole season with nothing happening? Would some f them count their blessings, accept it, and hope that their fans will still contribute to the coffers to keep things going?
I asked the question on another post, and there were no answers, but what about the issue of Public Liability Insurance? It's the reason many rural communities have lost their village fetes, carnivals, gala weeks, etc. If, and when, the insurance industry takes stock of what's going on and decides that there has to be £***** for any club to continue, we are at the same place that the previously mentioned rural fetes, etc have disappeared from our lives. How can that be met? 
Am of the opinion that if there is going to be any kind of financial support for the game to continue well into the future, perhaps we look at this issue. It won't cost governments anything, it could prove popular because everyone knows full well it's a scam for insurance companies to rip off the general public, and it's easily rectified. 
Thoughts, anyone?
I've never been involved in the running of a non league football club before but I can imagine if most clubs 'mothballed' for a year, there wouldn't any massive long term impact. Shut up shop, batten down the hatches and come back out when it is safe?

If that is the case, then the government wouldn't consider financial support surely? It will not have a significant impact on people's ability to put food on the table.

There is a big difference between propping up something we all like to do or go and see against funding something the country NEEDS to keep things going.

How many teams would come back if there was no football for a season or two?
Both players and fans would have lost interest and found something else to do with their time.
I know people losing interest already.

What did you do in the war, daddy?
It ain't the first time football closed down in history. Clubs will in the worse case scenario mothball for a season or two.

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:

How many teams would come back if there was no football for a season or two?
Both players and fans would have lost interest and found something else to do with their time.
I know people losing interest already.

If it's only one season, most if not all will come back.

You ever worked away or been in Barlinnie?

Did you completely forget the team you support?

I see a number of clubs, including my own, are looking at various ways of raising money to help keep things ticking over.

As a lot of the clubs are also community hubs as well, I think a lot of folk would rally round knowing the impact of losing such an institution might mean.

Games getting cancelled with increasing regularity down in the English Football League now as players start to contract the virus. I also note the EPL clubs are looking at putting some kind of package together to try and help the clubs further down the league. That would be most welcome, but it would also be impossible to replicate in Scotland as our top league clubs are not exactly awash with cash.

Thank you gogsy, i wasn't around in 1939.

My knowledge of war time football comes from my elders.

Like clubs closing down and coming back quickly, others never to return.

Things like the Scottish League closing down to be replaced weeks later by the likes of the Southern League.

Unlike like others hiding in shipyards, my elders went off on a jolly to places like North Africa, Italy, Burma and Normandy.

Not being fully up to date with rules, if the season starts - what happens to clubs in abeyance, do they return at the same level, or have to restart in division below ? With the insurance stuff, I can't see why clubs could get hit - if it was the stadium or clubhouse then I can understand that bit. 

One might never be found, you're right. There no vaccine for AIDS either, but a lot of the highly susceptible groups continue to take enhanced precautions to avoid catching it.  Others, like Freddie Mercury chose to ignore advice. There has to be middle path somewhere, but why rush it for the sake of rushing. I'm at a stage of my life now, as a pensioner, where I want to both watch football regularly and to try and enjoy as good a health as is possible, for very obvious reasons. I want to do it in as safe and controlled environment as is possible, and at the moment I don't think the message is getting across about this aspect of the virus. EPPP.

10 minutes ago, TFW said:

One might never be found, you're right. There no vaccine for AIDS either, but a lot of the highly susceptible groups continue to take enhanced precautions to avoid catching it.  Others, like Freddie Mercury chose to ignore advice. There has to be middle path somewhere, but why rush it for the sake of rushing. I'm at a stage of my life now, as a pensioner, where I want to both watch football regularly and to try and enjoy as good a health as is possible, for very obvious reasons. I want to do it in as safe and controlled environment as is possible, and at the moment I don't think the message is getting across about this aspect of the virus. EPPP.

"But, but, but that's not what it's supposed to be like!!"

Ah the big question IF. What If ? Will the park be playable by kick off time ? What IF fans are allowed in? What IF the changing room scenario changes ? You can only go with what is presented too you and right now the facts are. 12 clubs couldn’t even be bothered registering their thoughts on the season. This is all stuff we have been waiting answers on for the last 6 month we are still no further forward and keep moving the provisional start date back. The games a bogey with all these false what IFS somebody needs the balls to say right it ain’t happening this season let’s get ready for next season and get everything in place as best as possible as we can. Let’s try and be sensible about this SPFL clubs are struggling never mind us we are kidding ourselves on. Players saying they will travel after games without a shower ? That’s Money that’s talking nothing else don’t give me this pish they are not in it for the money and will come and go a bit. A referee charged over £60 for a friendly game yesterday he was wanting his money. 

2 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

The flu vaccine has been around for years, yet flu is still a big killer.

Each year the flu vaccine is made with a prediction of what the following year's strain will be, because it mutates so much from year to year. Efficacy ranges from 50% to 80% or so depending on how good that prediction is. If they were making a vaccine for a year that had passed then it would be massively more effective. Apparently SARS-Cov-2 is much more stable, so a vaccine for it should be much more effective than the flu vaccine. 

7 hours ago, TFW said:

FWIW, AIDS isn't a virus, HIV is, and it's not comparable to coronavirus for lots of reasons. One major one is that vaccines usually mimic the body's own immune response to the virus, based on cells from people who've recovered from it. Nobody recovers from HIV. 

But obviously your point is right, until there's a widely-available and effective vaccine, nobody can be sure there will be one.