Your textbook Premiership

We're seaside bound for only the second season since 1980.
Dundee have never been this low.
STOP GETTING SEASIDE LEAGUE WRONG. 
I believe that it has been established by the P&B hive mind that the extension of the term "Seaside Leagues" to include the Championship is permitted for the limited and specific purpose of winding up perma-seething Jambos.

The natiinal leagues only started to open up to the country when Ross County and Caledonian Thistle were admitted to the league system. Then again with the avenue of promotion and relegation from highland lowland leagues to the bottom division. 

Prior to County and Caleys admission huge swathes of the country were barred from competing. 

Edited by frankthetank22
auto type error

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Only for them to be continually bodied by the fabled, all-conquering, European heavyweights Dundee City.

Rangers 

Celtic (notes unconscious bias)

Aberdeen CT County

Dundee City

Lanarkshire United

Renfrew Riviera

....bored now.

I think the only fair way to do this is to pick the teams who have spent the most seasons in the league while I've been watching us - I got my first season ticket at Rugby Park in 1997, so in terms of top flight seasons since then we have:

Killie (24)
Aberdeen (24)
Celtic (24)
Motherwell (24)
Hearts (22)
Dundee United (20)
Hibernian (20)
Rangers (20)
St Johnstone (17)
Dundee (13)
St Mirren (13)
Inverness (12)

That's what the science tells us, and who am I to argue.

Edited by craigkillie

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I first started going to football in the mid 2000s so mine probably skews a lot more to the recent past than others.

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Hearts

5. Hibs

6. Dundee United

7. Motherwell

8. St Johnstone

9. Dundee

10. Hamilton

11. St Mirren

12. Inverness

This isn't my dream league or anything but based on the teams I'm used to seeing Motherwells play most seasons it's what I see as a typical Premiership season.

Well that doesn’t make sense as you have included Rangers

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aberdeen
Celtic
Dundee
Dundee United
Heart of Midlothian
Hibernian
Inverness CT
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Rangers
Ross County
St Mirren

My personal belief of a best-balanced Prem. Oh, if only...

Balanced in what way? Because Ross County have no business being in such a division.

5 hours ago, resk said:
11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
We're seaside bound for only the second season since 1980.
Dundee have never been this low.
STOP GETTING SEASIDE LEAGUE WRONG. 

I believe that it has been established by the P&B hive mind that the extension of the term "Seaside Leagues" to include the Championship is permitted for the limited and specific purpose of winding up perma-seething Jambos.

After due consideration, the motion is granted; limited to, and to proceed no further than the period of time the Jambo twats are personae non grata from the top league.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Balanced in what way? Because Ross County have no business being in such a division.

TBF, I'm almost 30 and in my lifetime County have spent 8 years in the top flight compared to Falkirks 9, so its not as if Falkirk are much more deserving of a place.

Mines would be, based on how often it feels like we've played them in the top flight since returning over a decade ago...

Aberdeen

Celtic

Dundee 

Hamilton

Hibernian 

ICT

Kilmarnock

Livingston

Motherwell

Ross County 

St Mirren

St Johnstone 

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF, I'm almost 30 and in my lifetime County have spent 8 years in the top flight compared to Falkirks 9, so its not as if Falkirk are much more deserving of a place.

I was coming on here to pose a question that runs alongside that point.

I assume due to your age you consider Kilmarnock a true top flight club as you’ve never known anything different. However I was wondering what the older posters thought of clubs like Kilmarnock/Motherwell.....do you still view us as enjoying some kind of “fling” in the top flight?

For me St Johnstone is a great example, are you guys not 12 years in the top flight now? I am still a bit surprised (if that’s the right way to say it) when I remember that St Johnstone are a top flight club and in the back of my mind I’m thinking it’ll never last.

Hamilton another good example of that.