Motherwell v Rangers

Have we ever had a penalty which wasn't controversial?

@mstewart_23

I hear Hugh Dallas was on the radio, was there anyone on to offer a counter? 

Handballs are hugely controversial and the powers that be should reflect on the fact they’ve made a pigs ear of the handball law.

I like all the **** tears about this to be honest.

There is huge debate about the handball laws at the moment and as rangers were a beneficiary of the laws this weekend they have been highlighted.
It's f**k all to do with rangers and all about the laws. Always offended though.

15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I like all the **** tears about this to be honest.

There is huge debate about the handball laws at the moment and as rangers were a beneficiary of the laws this weekend they have been highlighted.
It's f**k all to do with rangers and all about the laws. Always offended though.

I think that's a simplistic way of looking at it.

I can't speak for all Rangers fans, but the thing that irks me is when pundits come out and say unequivocally the penalties shouldn't have been awarded, as if the referees have done Rangers a favour. That is a wholly different argument to the one of accepting they are penalties under the current laws but disagreeing with the laws in place.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think that's a simplistic way of looking at it.

I can't speak for all Rangers fans, but the thing that irks me is when pundits come out and say unequivocally the penalties shouldn't have been awarded, as if the referees have done Rangers a favour. That is a wholly different argument to the one of accepting they are penalties under the current laws but disagreeing with the laws in place.

I've not heard anyone say that.

Everyone just says the law is shite.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've not heard anyone say that.

Everyone just says the law is shite.

Did you watch Sportscene? Michael Stewart said (and Maloney agreed with him), that the decisions from Madden were wrong, and even with the current handball laws, he didn't believe they were penalties. He even went on to describe one of them as a "crazy decision".

43 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Good to see Stewart continues his rent free stay in the vast majority of *** heads.

I happen to disagree with him and Maloney here. I'm sure most folk do as well. It just so happens that he often has an incorrect understanding of the laws when it comes to incidents involving Rangers so it's only natural he is highlighted for it.

Edited by AJF

I happen to disagree with him and Maloney here. I'm sure most folk do as well. It just so happens that he often has an incorrect understanding of the laws when it comes to incidents involving Rangers so it's only natural he is highlighted for it.
"incidents involving rangers"

We all know what you are trying not to say.

As I said, rent free.

48 minutes ago, Romeo said:

"incidents involving rangers"

We all know what you are trying not to say.

As I said, rent free.

There's certainly no love lost between Stewart and Rangers fans, which is why we take great delight in calling him out when he makes an ar*e of it.