Motherwell v Rangers

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

We've went the longest in the league without getting a penalty, then just like busses....

Im meaning more fir this specific game. We have been giving away penalties left right and centre over the past few weeks (6 penalties, 1 for glentoran, 2 for coleraine  1 for hapoel and jow 2 for ramgers.) There is just something not right *cough* Lamie *cough* with our defence.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I watch games nowadays and don't actually know what a penalty is anymore. 

The first ones very soft, the player ducks and it hits the defenders arm, the second one it hits his elbow while his arm's next to his body. If that's a penalty where are his arms supposed to go? 

Madden couldn't wait to give either award. 

The Motherwell player is pushed in the back in the box - no penalty. 

The rules are very weird now surrounding penalties. 

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Motherwell player is pushed in the back in the box - no penalty. 

The rules are very weird now surrounding penalties. 

Totally agree on both points and from a neutral viewpoint as well. 

Its the rules that are clearly wrong. Both Motherwell players who've given the penalties away know absolutely nothing about either incident. 

Common sense dictates that shouldn't be a penalty. 

A good first half performance and hopefully from here we can just manage the game and see it out without any concerns.

First penalty is a stonewaller, second penalty is more open to interpretation but I think every fan would be kidding themselves if they don’t say they’d be claiming it for their team.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

A good first half performance and hopefully from here we can just manage the game and see it out without any concerns.

First penalty is a stonewaller, second penalty is more open to interpretation but I think every fan would be kidding themselves if they don’t say they’d be claiming it for their team.

Do you think motherwell's one is a pen?

Our usual shambolic defending.

Could have been 1 down in minute in when O'Donnell fails to mark Morelos at a free kick.

Both penalties are sloppy. Got to be working on body and arm position on the training ground. From the number of pens we have conceded it is clear the team are failing in the basics of defending.

Jones goal is Lamie not being smart. Pushing up too high and wide. If Jones is going to beat him for pace don't give him a free run inside.

I'm not surprised we are getting horsed.

4-3-3 for the second half. OK Robbo. Might as well go out and try to do something.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Don’t know if today is the day for it but I would like to see us drop a wing back and play Long and Watt upfront with Lang supporting.  More suitable for the next 4 games.

Turns out today is the day 

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Do you think motherwell's one is a pen?

I think it would’ve been in the soft category, but yes, I think we were probably lucky to get away with it when seeing the replay from the nearside touchline.

Edit: to add, just in case you were referring to the Lang one, no, that was a dive.

Edited by AJF