When Supermarkets Go Bad

Scary Bear

56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Bottom ones look a bit shit. Other than BBQ them, how else have you cooked them? 

Great in a spicy, smoked cheese and ham/chorizo pasta 

56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm intrigued by the top ones, mostly because they sound like the c***s that come over here and absolutely wrecked Dundee and all its denizens. 

Good c***s all round then.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Bottom ones look a bit shit. Other than BBQ them, how else have you cooked them? I'm intrigued by the top ones, mostly because they sound like the c***s that come over here and absolutely wrecked Dundee and all its denizens. 

The photo doesn’t do them justice. You can BBQ or grill them and have them as a hotdog. I suppose you could probably boil the bockwurst too but I’ve never tried it and probably won’t. Definitely wouldn’t boil the kielbasa as they’re quite a fatty sausage and best bbq’d/grilled or fried. The trick with kielbasa (IMO) is to fry them at a medium heat in barely a droplet of oil for about 10 mins then go against the grain, and p***k the sausages just a couple of times, crank the heat up full whack and let them sizzle in their own juices for maybe 2 minutes. With both types of those sausages, what tend to do more often than not though is chop them up into small slices and fry them with onion and/or peppers for inclusion in a pasta or stir-fry. 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Greggs used to do a ham and coleslaw baguette that I liked.

Now it's mostly spicy crap on their baguettes.

Greggs are shite anyway but sometimes they're the only bakers for miles. 

Another Sweet Chilli atrocity no doubt.

Who the f**k owns the patent on Sweet Chilli?  Must be raking it in with all the gullible c***s that like the flavour.  Pretty sure it must be in the top 10 crisp flavours purely on the basis that every fucking crisp maker thinks folk like it.

37 minutes ago, coprolite said:

but now they have the pretentious adjective laden pack of six sausages with "welsh cheddar" for twice the price. 

:lol:

Their three chilli pork sausages (hard to get) and their mozzarella & smoked tomato pork sausages are fucking excellent though. 

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

I used treat myself to m&s chinese chicken wings occasionally.

First they changed the recipe. Not as good but I persevered, now they've stopped altogether.

Disappointed.

They're still on sale. I got a pack yesterday.

Been a while since I've shopped there, but Lidl used to be utter c***s for introducing something delightful, then changing supplier/recipe and putting it in the same packaging. Among the many, many products they did this with was a version of Irn-Bru that was better than the original, until overnight it changed into possibly the worst cheapo own-brand mess I've ever tasted.

They also bought things in packs from suppliers, with several different varieties in each box. So (for example), they'd get boxes containing two packs of Corn Flakes, two packs of Coco Pops, two packs of Rice Krispies, and (inexplicably) two packs of Aardvark Arseholes in Rat Semen. Naturally, nobody would buy one of those flavours, and they'd end up with a million boxes piled up. Rather than sort out a deal to remove the deeply unpopular variety, or cut their losses and fire them into the sea, every six months or so they'd spend a week or two selling nothing but the one nobody liked, in the bizarre belief that people would have no choice but to buy it. Seemed to be a planned thing, as it would happen with all the unpopular varieties of different products at the same time.

I still miss their mini-stollen at this time of year, but I assume they've swapped it out for white dog turds in the same packaging by now.

On 25/09/2020 at 13:48, jimbaxters said:

Utilising the thread title, those new Asda adverts with the family supposedly making their own advert are absolutely awful. They could actually lose business because of them.

The 1st time I seen that advert I asked myself if anyone in the history of the planet actually changed supermarket based on a shitey advert and why they did this?

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

The 1st time I seen that advert I asked myself if anyone in the history of the planet actually changed supermarket based on a shitey advert and why they did this?

I used to like those Asda arse-spanking adverts when they started, and asked my mum if we could do the shopping there.

In my defence, I must have been all of six years old, and clearly a survivor of some form of abuse.