Livingston v St Johnstone - 26/09/20

Been critical of McCrorie and holt, and both made vital blocks/clearances to keep a clean sheet for us to see out the game comfortably. Still dodgy as f**k defending from us but fuckit, all i was interested in was getting the 3 points to move off the bottom of the table.

Well taken goals from Tiffoney and Forrest too, Tiffs in particular had a good game, still would like to see him and Lars playing together, think they'd make a good partnership. Buzzing to get the win, what a difference it makes to your weekend, even only being able to watch it at home. Had a few beers too, expecting i'd have needed them to get through the game.:guinness😅

42 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

You would think that a professional football team training 5 days a week could come up with at least more than one fucking corner routine

Fairly typical Scottish team , like Motherwell and the first goal they lost

Different formation but similar outcome.

Better team for 35 minutes then gift a goal. This time the opposition were ruthless and immediately went for a second.  Several half chances nottaken at 0-0, 3 for May and the Conway strike over the bar.

Lost our way for a bit until mid way through the second half where we had a few moments, but no real sustained periods of good play or pressure.  Not sure so many subs helps at times, as it goes the way friendlies do when players are just settling into a system then something changes again and it all becomes a bit disjointed.  Still had a few half chances in the second half which came to nothing.

Celtic next week is as good a time to face them as any. No expectations and even a draw would give the players a huge confidence boost.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Celtic next week is as good a time to face them as any. No expectations and even a draw would give the players a huge confidence boost.

What?

A confidence sapped Saints side in desperate need for a goal/victory against Celtic/Edouard who are getting pelters.

I'd be surprised if its below 4 goals conceded tbh, and then we've got to pick up a destroyed side with zero confidence to play whats effectively a Championship side away a few days later.

Just now, TommyDickFingers said:

FTFY. 

Why anyone would offer him a contract is perplexing.

Welcome to St Johnstone.

We've about 15 senior players, can't buy a goal, one midfielder under 30, and we've got the combined brains of a chairman refusing to allow any more signings, and a manager who wastes his final wage on a 34yo crock whos likely to play about 10 minutes all season.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Quite excited about Rooney, were you not?

I think the best I said was he might not be as bad as some people were saying, and its quite clear I was wrong in the belief he isn't just a lumbering carthorse.

Performances have been there over the past few weeks and whilst I appreciate it is a results business, to make such sweeping changes surprises me. 

The performance for the first 35 minutes was more like a Tommy Wright side than what we've seen under Davidson and it was an even game with us maybe fashioning the better openings. 

Then within a minute (there can't have been more than 60 seconds between the goals) the game is dead. Not sure what I was looking for from Saints from that point onwards but it certainly wasn't there. 

Not sure where the manager goes from here. Not in a dramatic sense but I feel he's undermined himself a bit with the changes and we've taken steps backwards off the back of that. 

A week ago I felt we were a few tweaks away from being on the right track, it almost feels as if its back to the drawing board now. Kind of emphasises the point about needing to back up the good performances with results, so you can get away with days like today. 

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Not sure where the manager goes from here.

Hes got a couple of Betfred games to f**k about with now. 

Changes today felt to me like he's lost a belief in himself so just reverted to what he thought TW would do, but thats probably me overthinking it.

The only pressing matter is getting a strike to step up. May is doing away fine but gets almost nothing to work with, while Hendry isn't getting any luck.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What?

A confidence sapped Saints side in desperate need for a goal/victory against Celtic/Edouard who are getting pelters.

I'd be surprised if its below 4 goals conceded tbh, and then we've got to pick up a destroyed side with zero confidence to play whats effectively a Championship side away a few days later.

We've failed to score and lost in 5 of our 6 last games against mostly average teams around us who we look to take points off.

We need something to break up this habit. We have to play the champions at some point, so it's as well being next weekend.  Absolutely no one will give us a hope, and if we get beat it won't be a huge shock or massively affect our season. 

Our defending has mostly been fairly solid, it's creating and scoring chances that's been the issue.  A game where we just need to get the sleeves rolled up and work like f**k. Why not.