Livingston v St Johnstone - 26/09/20

46 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Just went to buy. Twenty notes is pretty punchy. Wish there was a bit more transparency for fans as to where the revenue for these streams gets routed. Accept that these are commercial agreements but I'd like to think that even a small fraction goes to my club. Then again, it wouldn't if it was a normal way game so I can't complain. 

Or can I? Because it's not a comparable product. 

Still, don't have to suffer getting lost on the way to the 'stadium' again, and enduring the worst catering in the league. I miss live football. 

Anyway. Bandits. 

Yeah on one hand it's to make our ST holders get VFM and protect their ST prices, but on the other it's a bit steep for a one off tv game. These are unique times though and with clubs struggling with no gate revenue i'm quite happy to pay ppv prices for all our away games to help those clubs out. I wouldn't normally go to every away game but i'll prob keep on buying PPV for all the away games, except Celtic who don't do them *cough find a dodgy stream.

Doesn't feel like a home game now either, with every game feeling the same with it being on the club's own tv, nothing can compare to actually being there in the stand, and the whole build up to the game. Now it's, the game is on the telly, set it up half an hour before ko and sit down and watch it, games over, switch off and go about your business again.

Streaming is shite, I struggle to get invested at all and barely even react at goals or that. It'll definitely force fans away from the game, and if its long term I really struggle to see many getting attracted back regularly if they've spent a year having their weekend completely free.

Don't begrudge Livi charging what they want

21 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Doesn't feel like a home game now either, with every game feeling the same with it being on the club's own tv, nothing can compare to actually being there in the stand, and the whole build up to the game. Now it's, the game is on the telly, set it up half an hour before ko and sit down and watch it, games over, switch off and go about your business again.

This. When streaming kicked off and it looked fairly temporary the chat focused on the upsides (like I just did), folk happy to get the time back at the weekend etc. That's fine for a few weeks but as it becomes normalised I want to be wasting my entire Saturday with the whole theatre of the game. 

I'm pretty glass half full  though - if we have another lockdown, a few more months of streaming then maybe the the crowds, particularly the younger folk, will come flooding back because it gives them something 'real' and a shared experience.  

Streaming is shite, I struggle to get invested at all and barely even react at goals or that. It'll definitely force fans away from the game, and if its long term I really struggle to see many getting attracted back regularly if they've spent a year having their weekend completely free.
Don't begrudge Livi charging what they want

We don’t score so you haven’t had many opportunities to react.

5 hours ago, Widge said:

image.png.31b05be74c892cd0459f23dd1678d7a4.png

Good old BBC with their excellent stats, must have missed the last meeting between the teams! That being said, it was that unforgettable I don't blame them for forgetting our 1-0 win. 

We did. Also a bit misleading suggesting we've struggled against Livi. Since they came back up, our form has been 

W3  D2  L2 against them.  Not a lot between the teams generally.

The BBC are shocking when it comes to details on Scottish football.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We did. Also a bit misleading suggesting we've struggled against Livi. Since they came back up, our form has been 

W3  D2  L2 against them.  Not a lot between the teams generally.

The BBC are shocking when it comes to details on Scottish football.

Would look nice and symmetrical if we win tomorrow then.

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Obviously steaming is not the same as going to the game, but you can’t seriously tell me you weren’t doing cartwheels round the house after Mikey went roadrunner against Killie?

You’re probably not enjoying it because we’re not winning. 

Gave a wee fist pump I think. 

Anyone who knows where I sit will know how I react during games, and ive not reacted to a single decision despite watching every game.

Feel disconnected to it somehow.

Gave a wee fist pump I think. 
Anyone who knows where I sit will know how I react during games, and ive not reacted to a single decision despite watching every game.
Feel disconnected to it somehow.

You’re the opposite of me then, I’m getting more annoyed by refereeing decisions and saints play cause you can see replays and wider views. I’ve never enjoyed listening or watching saints on TV it radio though for some reason. Always rather be at the game getting animated and showing some reaction in person.

There’s a random part of me that’s expecting us to score from a cross today, probably purely as a result of Ross McCrorie trying to catch it and it soaring over his head, in off Marvin Bartley’s shoulder who’s behind him.

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

You’re the opposite of me then, I’m getting more annoyed by refereeing decisions and saints play cause you can see replays and wider views. I’ve never enjoyed listening or watching saints on TV it radio though for some reason. Always rather be at the game getting animated and showing some reaction in person.

There’s a random part of me that’s expecting us to score from a cross today, probably purely as a result of Ross McCrorie trying to catch it and it soaring over his head, in off Marvin Bartley’s shoulder who’s behind him.

McCrorie seems pretty shite at crosses, tbh, or at least before this season, Livi have maybe helped him. Same with Doohan so maybe OF coaching?

Would absolutely be playing Hendry and Davidson and peppering him with crosses.

He'll have a stormer now though, obviously. 

2 hours ago, Widge said:

We've been very poor defending set pieces, if you're going to score it'll prob come from one, and it's more likely to deflect off Nicky Devlin as he shites away from blocking a shot.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McCrorie seems pretty shite at crosses, tbh, or at least before this season, Livi have maybe helped him. Same with Doohan so maybe OF coaching?

Would absolutely be playing Hendry and Davidson and peppering him with crosses.

He'll have a stormer now though, obviously. 

We've not, he still looks indecisive when coming for the ball, same when charging out his box. Stryjek on the other hand looked far better when he played in our 0-0 draw with Sevco, but McCrorie came back in again. Took a sore one going into the post too, as he saved a free kick that looked like a certain goal, but just shrugged it off, fearless and solid looking, still hoping he is going to be playing today, but it'll no doubt be McCrorie in goals still.

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Decent enough line up if we're not relying on Tiffoney to win headers.

Not sure what's decent about it; playing another game with our strikers sitting on the bench and a suspect keeper in goal?

Hopefully St Johnstone dont have their shooting boots on and we can settle down to a nil - nil draw.

That's all of today's Scottish Premiership line-ups announced now with the exception of ours. What time are we predicting? It has usually been about 10 minutes before kick-off, but Saints threw a curveball at us last week by deciding not to reveal the line-up at all. I am very excited to see what they do today.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not sure what's decent about it; playing another game with our strikers sitting on the bench and a suspect keeper in goal?

Hopefully St Johnstone dont have their shooting boots on and we can settle down to a nil - nil draw.

How many games has Tiffoney played for us at a position anything other than striker? Looks like our best option up there too.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Just now, The Real Saints said:

That's all of today's Scottish Premiership line-ups announced now with the exception of ours. What time are we predicting? It has usually been about 10 minutes before kick-off, but Saints threw a curveball at us last week by deciding not to reveal the line-up at all. I am very excited to see what they do today.

Was there not a mistake with the bench on last weeks?

We had Conway named twice the week before aswell.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was there not a mistake with the bench on last weeks?

We had Conway named twice the week before aswell.

There was a mistake on the actual teamsheet at McDiarmid, listing Booth as a sub rather than Clark. So the BBC then misreported it. There was no social media post from Saints whatsoever though.

Edit: Actually, no, I'm wrong. They posted it at 2.50pm, so we've been quite consistent actually. My apologies to Saints.

Edited by The Real Saints

Just now, Durnford said:

Not sure what's decent about it

Individually most of those players should be good enough to avoid relegation. McCrorie, Forrest and Tiffoney are probably the only ones who haven't really proven themselves yet (albeit Tiffoney has had less time to do so). Personally I'd have given Stryjek a game based on how many goals we've conceded, to see how he does; however I'm not fully getting the extreme levels of clamouring people are doing to get him in the team, he's only played once where he made one good save and had a few dodgy looking punches from crosses. If he was really that much better than McCrorie he'd be playing.

It's also a 4-2-3-1 (I expect) rather than the horrendous 3-5-1-1 that hopefully has been binned.

I'd say that's "decent enough" tbh.