Livingston v St Johnstone - 26/09/20

Is this game on? Do we have to go through it?

Need to kick on from a half-decent performance at Parkhead and start picking up a consistent string of good results. Would like to see Souda start if he still exists.

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Ambrose  -  Guthrie  -  Serrano

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Forrest  -  Pittman  -  Souda

Lokotsch

I think I'd like to see a bit of a shake up. There are a few players that could do with being dropped due to poor form.

I would go with something like this:-

Stryjek

McMillan  -  Brown  -  Guthrie  -  Serrano

Holt  -  Sibbald

Forrest  -  Robinson -  Souda

Lokotsch

Bench:- McCrorie, Ambrose,  Devlin, Bartley, Jacobs, Lawson, Pignatiello, Pittman, Poplatnik

I think Pitts has improved and had a hand in a few of our goals, as well as scoring one, and had one chopped off by Michael Stewart on sportscene, yes he's missed a couple of great chances but at least he got in the position to have a shot, wouldn't say he deserves to be dropped. Also think Ambrose has looked decent since going into a back 4, and playing beside Guthrie.

Would like to see McMillan and Stryjek get into the team though, but doubt it'll happen, not yet anyway. Devlin is good going forward but suspect in defence, esp for blocking shots. Just can't see McCrorie being dropped, not until we get to the Betfred cup games anyway, and hopefully Stryjek will have a blinder in goal to force Holt into picking him for league games. Souda looks like he's completely dropped out of the match day squad, agree that it would be good to see him back in the team though.

Pitts form has been patchy, although it has picked up recently. Ambrose has been a bombscare at times this season, we looked at our best last season with Guthrie and Brown as the Centre Halves. Bartley seems to be off the pace in a few of the games, the number 10's have made a few runs in which he's not picked up.

I would like to see Robinson in the number 10 role as I feel that is his best position. I would also like to see Souda, McMillan and Brown play, although I suspect that we may have seen the last of the Aymen Souda :(.

It's a lot of changes but may be needed as we need something to get our season started.

I think Ambrose is probably our best choice CB tbh. Brown wasn't up to much against Celtic in a back 3. Pitts is undroppable, he's came back onto great form again. 

Bartley and McCrorie are the ones for me that need dropped, but they wont be dropped. Jason Holt does Bartley's job better than him tbh.

Wouldn't have Robinson near the team either, he doesn't bring much unless we're playing Celtic or Rangers. Hopefully when he's fit again we give Lawson a chance on the wing, he's got pace and a good final ball and would help with the tracking back and defending from the front. He's also tricky to mark, he skipped by a few players last season and bolted away. 

2 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Will we be able to watch? Not that I really want to tbh

Yep but you're not going to like the price of our ppv.

2 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Well done to Livvy on their 1-0 win with their only half chance.

Reading your club thread on here, yours is an eerily familiar  story to Livingston's season, missed opportunities to score, and being punished by a far more clinical opponent that has fewer chances but stuck theirs away. 

No idea how this goes. Games recently at Livi felt like slogs with very few chances, but ill never shake the feeling that was down to TW assuming the game was going to be a slog with few chances and building his tactics to match that.

A lot of rambling shite, my only thought is I hope we win no matter how ot happens. Hendry deserves some luck to sclaffing one in from 3 yards would be perfect.

41 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Last time we played Livi we went into lockdown not long after. Here we are about to play them again and we could be facing lockdown not long after.
f**k off Livi.

Careful, you're wandering onto Jambo territory with irrational blaming, you may turn into a Hearts fan.

Zander

Danny  Kerr  Liam  McCart   Tanser

Ali        Muzz       Spoons

Hendry   May

... is what I'm pretty confident we'll line up with. 

Prediction : Meh-meh draw

Probably the first game this season, home or away, that I'm not sad about missing (Ibrox excluded, obviously). 

image.png.31b05be74c892cd0459f23dd1678d7a4.png

Good old BBC with their excellent stats, must have missed the last meeting between the teams! That being said, it was that unforgettable I don't blame them for forgetting our 1-0 win. 

On 24/09/2020 at 18:42, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep but you're not going to like the price of our ppv.

Just went to buy. Twenty notes is pretty punchy. Wish there was a bit more transparency for fans as to where the revenue for these streams gets routed. Accept that these are commercial agreements but I'd like to think that even a small fraction goes to my club. Then again, it wouldn't if it was a normal way game so I can't complain. 

Or can I? Because it's not a comparable product. 

Still, don't have to suffer getting lost on the way to the 'stadium' again, and enduring the worst catering in the league. I miss live football. 

Anyway. Bandits.