Dunbar United Season 20/21

On 14/06/2022 at 22:33, Jamesy75 said:

A lot of new signings at training tonight as well as a few trialists 

Exciting times.

Noticed plenty Tweets about new signings and some good pedigrees as well, and now the stand is going up and their are ground improvements happening?  

Did Dunbar win the lottery? 

On 16/06/2022 at 19:24, RedLichty said:

Noticed plenty Tweets about new signings and some good pedigrees as well, and now the stand is going up and their are ground improvements happening?  

Did Dunbar win the lottery? 

They have a pretty successful club lottery. Would you like to buy a ticket?

Also a lot of fans have sponsored seats in the new stand which helps. 

On 17/06/2022 at 23:17, tamthebam said:

They have a pretty successful club lottery. Would you like to buy a ticket?

Also a lot of fans have sponsored seats in the new stand which helps. 

Isn't the Chairman loaded?  £90,000 stands don't build themselves, or buying dedicated kit vans, or some expensive new signings.

32 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Just seen the photos of it on F/book ,,,,, it’s looking a cracker.

It will be the best stand in the First Division, of that there is no doubt 👍   (OK, maybe not better than Glenrothes...)

Edited by Burnieman

On 19/06/2022 at 20:57, Burnieman said:

Just pointing out that a successful lottery, and some seat sponsors, doesn't buy you all that.

It can in conjunction with Grant's, 10 year stand sponsorship and support from the local community.

2 hours ago, Jamesy75 said:

If you think the chairman subsidies the club mate then your way off.

A lot of folk donated money to sponsor a seat over £16k currently,you get Grant's as well and also sponsoring the stand and the club have a healthy balance compared to previous years which is testament to good practices and also the support of the community and fans.

Say for example you had someone washing the kit rather than taking to the laundrette weekly the savings there are massive.....then someone else buying the squad juice sweets and fruit for matchday as a donation to the club,again a huge saving.

Thats before you talk player sponsorship which is worth several thousand a year,board sponsorship which has a high recurring uptake ,increased revenue with bigger attendances and Scottish cup revenue as well.

To think it's all due to a rich chairman is so far off the mark and rather insulting to guys who spend days of their lives making the club and ground better for the local community.

£90,000, that was what was in your programme when we played you.  Grants these days are pretty small. £16k from seat sponsorship still leaves £74k, you're not saving that up from someone buying juice and washing strips.  If I recall, and again according to your programme, you were struggling to stay solvent not so long ago and you've gone from that to £90k stands, kit vans, and signing players from Linlithgow.

Nothing insulting about having a Chairman who puts money into the club, many clubs have that.  Good luck to you, I look forward to farting on one of the new seats soon.

Edited by Burnieman

30 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

£90,000, that was what was in your programme when we played you.  Grants these days are pretty small. £16k from seat sponsorship still leaves £74k, you're not saving that up from someone buying juice and washing strips.  If I recall, and again according to your programme, you were struggling to stay solvent not so long ago and you've gone from that to £90k stands, kit vans, and signing players from Linlithgow.

Nothing insulting about having a Chairman who puts money into the club, many clubs have that.  Good luck to you, I look forward to farting on one of the new seats soon.

We will do a mo Johnston for you mate and have you a seat to yourself isolated in the corner 🤣🤣👍

9 minutes ago, Jamesy75 said:

Your obviously not listening mate so you obviously know best 

I explained the kit van and how it was paid and spruced up.....up to you what you want to believe 

But again if you think the chairman has paid for the stand your in cuckoo land 👍

I do have a wee bit of experience of how clubs at our level run & operate and the costs involved, and £90k is an absolutely huge sum of money for a club like Dunbar to raise over and above normal operating costs, particularly from a position of struggling to stay solvent.

However it's great to see such ambitious ground improvements and I look forward to my Mo Johnston seat.

Edited by Burnieman

Dunbar are certainly on their uppers.

struggled a bit over the years with the "ross county" effect where they had to over pay wages to get players to go down there.

The proper (at last) tie up with the youth sides and the launch this year of the u20s will go a long way to fixing that.

If you cant get good players to move down there, simply make your own!

Great coaching set up at u20s.  2 good u17 and u18 sides merging to form it.

Maybe not next season or even the next, but I expect decent things from dunbar from 2024 onwards.  (unless they fall out with the council again!)

THe east lothian sides are really buying into the u20s as feeders for their teams.  (even Tranent are dabbling this year!)

Its a great resource for cheap loyal local players that the fans can get behind. 

Off on a tangent but See preston for a great example.  u20s team exclusively from PAns, port seton, longniddry.  Winning their league at a canter.  

almost 100% Local players in the 1st team.  Crowds double as a result (from next to no-one to hardly anyone, but still 🙂 )  

Would have won the league if not for some strange manager decisions that cost him his job (IMHO - no insider knowledge!)

14 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Awesome, it'll keep me warm in winter when that easterly is blawing 😂

As you have been told,the new stand was fully funded by grants, donations from supporters and a generous sponsorship with Eve coaches. The chairman was responsible for pulling this project together but has not dipped in to his own pockets at all. I have no idea if he has money or not but he has made a massive difference to this club. The stand is almost finished and it looks brilliant,improves the facility and must be one of the best set ups in Scotland and still a grass pitch. The manager has made a few signings and hopefully they turn out to be good enough . Time will tell but you are way wide of the mark, regarding the chairman. Nice dig about having the best facilities,possibly,in the first division.