Dunbar United Season 20/21

1 minute ago, Karl Berg said:

👍👍

A good result for Dunbar although Sauchie only have themselves to blame for going away pointless. They had plenty of chances but their finishing was very poor

We weren't at our best but it's a big 3 points.

1 hour ago, imho said:

A good result for Dunbar although Sauchie only have themselves to blame for going away pointless. They had plenty of chances but their finishing was very poor

We weren't at our best but it's a big 3 points.

Agree. 

Dunbar not at their best today. Have played miles better and lost / drew games, this season. So makes a pleasant change to get a result.

Great send off for Fraser. Think he is walking away prematurely as has so much to offer. But respect his decision, especially if he is getting limited game time. 

3 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Agree. 

Dunbar not at their best today. Have played miles better and lost / drew games, this season. So makes a pleasant change to get a result.

Great send off for Fraser. Think he is walking away prematurely as has so much to offer. But respect his decision, especially if he is getting limited game time. 

Yes ,I think it is a bit early for him to finish but it's his decision. He will be back. What are we doing asking the guy Small to help out. Surely Andy and JJ can handle things whilst the manager isolates. 

20 hours ago, imho said:

Yes ,I think it is a bit early for him to finish but it's his decision. He will be back. What are we doing asking the guy Small to help out. Surely Andy and JJ can handle things whilst the manager isolates. 

Obviously felt he would be a good addition, in manager’s absence. 

Hardly something to get irate about? 

45 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

Obviously felt he would be a good addition, in manager’s absence. 

Hardly something to get irate about? 

Irate, I'm asking a question on why we have coaches in place yet feel the need to bring in someone just cos the manager is isolating. Hardly Irate. 

Edited by imho

13 hours ago, imho said:

Irate, I'm asking a question on why we have coaches in place yet feel the need to bring in someone just cos the manager is isolating. Hardly Irate. 

Seemed like you weren’t happy with the decision but apologise if I am wrong.

Main thing is that Dunbar got the 3 points. No more than Fraser deserved on his last outing.

Some big fixtures over the coming weeks / months, which I am looking forward to. 

On 17/12/2021 at 14:10, superbigal said:

The odds on your game seem rather weird.  Sauchie 8/13  and Dunbar 9/4 screams of something odd.  If not then i'm all over that 9/4.

I hope somebody did ok on that.  Cracking odds, and the bookies got it wrong for once.

On 18/12/2021 at 23:18, imho said:

Yes , I think it’s a sensible call.  Dunbar never replaced Ecky Christie as first team coach and JJ has an ACL injury so it was a lot on Andy. 

Edited by RedLichty

• 2 months later...
On 18/12/2021 at 23:18, imho said:

Seems to still be involved has he joined the coaching staff at Dunbar? 

Edited by RedLichty

14 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Seems to still be involved has he jokiness the coaching staff at Dunbar? 

I didn't think so but on the club website it says he is part of the backroom team. 

Edited by imho

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2022 at 13:06, imho said:

I didn't think so but on the club website it says he is part of the backroom team. 

He is at Dunbar as one of five or 6 coaches the club appear to have. We are mince at the moment very poor to watch and we could defo get dragged in to the relegation spots playing like this. We don't look like scoring despite Thomson coming in. Going to be difficult end of season for us but other clubs are in same kind of form. 

1 hour ago, imho said:

He is at Dunbar as one of five or 6 coaches the club appear to have. We are mince at the moment very poor to watch and we could defo get dragged in to the relegation spots playing like this. We don't look like scoring despite Thomson coming in. Going to be difficult end of season for us but other clubs are in same kind of form. 

Still time to resolve the decline - bring back Geoff 👍

Well it seems that some Clubs can stand up and be counted in times of need.

The initiative to have a Ukrainian Fund Raising Day at New Countess Park on Saturday was a very generous way to support people in need.

Well done to DUNBAR UNITED FC. I hope that some other committees and clubs take on a similar   activity. 
Donating the entire gate proceeds and raffle seems an extremely generous act.

Well done folks of DUNBAR 

On 14/03/2022 at 21:56, Casey Jones said:

Tongue in Cheek response (of mine), but you are correct 👍

Do you think he would improve things CJ?  One win last season, I don’t think you can blame Haynes for results this season, he Inherited a squad that hasn’t been up to the task , much the same problem as last term.

2 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Do you think he would improve things CJ?  One win last season, I don’t think you can blame Haynes for results this season, he Inherited a squad that hasn’t been up to the task , much the same problem as last term.

We will never know, but I bet when Geoff was sacked and the new management team came in, officials did not think they would be in this position with 8 matches to go. I have seen Dunbar 4 times this season, at home and haven’t been bowled over by them in any of the matches.

Only one point out of 12 in 2022 leaves them as potential relegation material. Think the current bottom 3 will go down, the other from, Blackburn, Dunbar and LTHV. Hill of Beath most likely team to pull away from current position. Yes they have matches in hand over LSVT, but maybe the extra points are more important at this point. Time will tell. 

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

We will never know, but I bet when Geoff was sacked and the new management team came in, officials did not think they would be in this position with 8 matches to go. I have seen Dunbar 4 times this season, at home and haven’t been bowled over by them in any of the matches.

Only one point out of 12 in 2022 leaves them as potential relegation material. Think the current bottom 3 will go down, the other from, Blackburn, Dunbar and LTHV. Hill of Beath most likely team to pull away from current position. Yes they have matches in hand over LSVT, but maybe the extra points are more important at this point. Time will tell. 

I’m no expert,,, but I don’t think that particular track record is one of high success.