Dunbar United Season 20/21

9 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Dearie dear,,, you just don’t like change do you - or is it only very selective change that you prefer? 

Very simply - I Don’t need to prove you wrong. There is nothing to prove. 

Whats your definition ditched?

I find it very interesting that you feel it necessary to enquire  about Club commercial business from anyone. Maybe you feel that you are entitled to do so - most people would find that sort of creepy,,,tyring to find out commercial club business. I suppose the word confidentiality should be in there somewhere.

I haven't enquired about club business,I have had an opinion on how the club sacked Jonesy,and I have repeated what the previous supplier said. I don't mind change,I have seen many changes in my 35 years of watching junior football and EOS. Creepy,confidentiality, what you on about. This forum is for people to voice opinions ,obviously you don't for some reason want to hear the truth,simple really, if you stay in Dunbar,go and ask the previous supplier if anyone spoke to him about the club bringing in a new supplier from EL. Also my other gripe was how the club handled the sacking of Geoff, again,you may or may not know Geoff,he is easily contacted,why don't you speak to him about his sacking. I have never made anything up but you said I have,sorry,it is up to you to prove me wrong. I could prove my comments as I know both people concerned. It is over now but please stop making excuses when Dunbar don't win. I think our next 4 games will be a crucial test for us,any of 14 teams could go down.

2 minutes ago, imho said:

I haven't enquired about club business,I have had an opinion on how the club sacked Jonesy,and I have repeated what the previous supplier said. I don't mind change,I have seen many changes in my 35 years of watching junior football and EOS. Creepy,confidentiality, what you on about. This forum is for people to voice opinions ,obviously you don't for some reason want to hear the truth,simple really, if you stay in Dunbar,go and ask the previous supplier if anyone spoke to him about the club bringing in a new supplier from EL. Also my other gripe was how the club handled the sacking of Geoff, again,you may or may not know Geoff,he is easily contacted,why don't you speak to him about his sacking. I have never made anything up but you said I have,sorry,it is up to you to prove me wrong. I could prove my comments as I know both people concerned. It is over now but please stop making excuses when Dunbar don't win. I think our next 4 games will be a crucial test for us,any of 14 teams could go down.

unfortunately it also allows rants

On 24/09/2021 at 15:01, imho said:

Aye right,,,,enjoy the pies 

On 24/09/2021 at 15:01, imho said:

Agree, very tight league. Don’t think anyone should get carried away.  There will be a lot of bumps in the road between now and the end of the season.

Anyway back to the important matter or the pies?  How dare Dunbar sell out of town pies , clearly copying Haddington who are selling North Berwick’s pies 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2021 at 21:53, RedLichty said:

Agree, very tight league. Don’t think anyone should get carried away.  There will be a lot of bumps in the road between now and the end of the season.

Anyway back to the important matter or the pies?  How dare Dunbar sell out of town pies , clearly copying Haddington who are selling North Berwick’s pies 😂

Dunbar could have won it at the end but I think a draw was a fair result. Tranent were the better team to start with but I think a draw was about right.

Edited by imho

An enjoyable match played on a wet surface, with a decent crowd - taking into account the prematch conditions.

It was very good to see the Belters in action for the first time this season. They fielded a strong lineup - actually any Tranent lineup will be a stong team.! However Kevins selection produced a display that was equal to the task. The first half had near things at each end. The second TJFC goal was a wee bit unlucky on the Dunbar defence - Mikey McFarane just had too much momentum on the wet surface and the reslut was an OG that gave Daniel little chance of stopping it. These things happen ,,,,,, However another equaliser brought Dubar back into it. Close to the final whistle Fraser McLaren chased and caught out the TJFC defence, Almost the entire stadium rose as one to cheer the anticipated winner,,,,,, sadly it didnt happen.

Could Dunbar have taken 3 pints - clearly the statement above says so. Could TJFC have felt hard done by,,,, in my opinion no. Either team could have taken the 3 points.

All I'm saying is - to me there didnt seem to be a huge difference between the teams. In fact Dunbar has played much better teams than yesterdays TJFC. No doubt TJFC will be disappointed - they are the form team of the season, and it'll be a different match at Forrester Park later in the season. 

What a pity the weather ruled out Tuesdays match vs Penicuik - I'm sure Dunbar could also have taken something from that game.

A lot of good performers from Dunbar yesterday....MoTM must have have been a difficult choice but it was given to Daniel. 

A decent attendance had lots to keep them occupied.

Last weeks result at Crossgates was a sore one to take, yesterday the team responded very well. 

If that was a normal level of performance from TJFC, then as many folks say - this league is very tight. Personally, I've seen DUFC play better and get nothing. 

funny old game,,,

I also attended this game and thought a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing cost Tranent , especially in the first half. The surface made it difficult for both teams but credit to Dunbar for twice coming back from a goal down. The fact the home keeper was MOM confirms TJFC should've taken the three points ,however a draw was a fair result . 

1 hour ago, Dalry llama said:

I also attended this game and thought a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing cost Tranent , especially in the first half. The surface made it difficult for both teams but credit to Dunbar for twice coming back from a goal down. The fact the home keeper was MOM confirms TJFC should've taken the three points ,however a draw was a fair result . 

Well the way it works at Dunbar is that the match sponsor makes the choice for Man of The Match, its entirely their decision and theirs only. Several folks I chatted with actually had Darren Smith as a strong candidate. So if it had actually been Smudger, would that have changed your last sentence? The way I seen it, it was a fairly even game. If there was a team that was ever the favourite for that match - it could only be TJFC. A lot of talent in that TJFC team, but I think I was perhaps underwhelmed by their performance.

3 hours ago, platform 19 said:

Well the way it works at Dunbar is that the match sponsor makes the choice for Man of The Match, its entirely their decision and theirs only. Several folks I chatted with actually had Darren Smith as a strong candidate. So if it had actually been Smudger, would that have changed your last sentence? The way I seen it, it was a fairly even game. If there was a team that was ever the favourite for that match - it could only be TJFC. A lot of talent in that TJFC team, but I think I was perhaps underwhelmed by their performance.

Agree regards the performance,in particular the defence weren't on top of their game. Indeed, almost lackadaisical at times. 

The MoM made several good saves , mostly in the first half. The game could've been over by half time had Tranent taken half their chances. Dunbar equalised with their first shot on target (:and a defensive cock up ) . 

1 hour ago, Jamesy75 said:

Dunbar sign Dean Whitson from Tranent Juniors on a 2 year deal after an earlier 1 month loan deal earlier in the season.

Superb signing for Dunbar,Deano's started the last 6/7 Tranent games as well.

You may need look for a set of xxL kit

On 10/10/2021 at 13:12, Malty Guy said:

An enjoyable match played on a wet surface, with a decent crowd - taking into account the prematch conditions.

It was very good to see the Belters in action for the first time this season. They fielded a strong lineup - actually any Tranent lineup will be a stong team.! However Kevins selection produced a display that was equal to the task. The first half had near things at each end. The second TJFC goal was a wee bit unlucky on the Dunbar defence - Mikey McFarane just had too much momentum on the wet surface and the reslut was an OG that gave Daniel little chance of stopping it. These things happen ,,,,,, However another equaliser brought Dubar back into it. Close to the final whistle Fraser McLaren chased and caught out the TJFC defence, Almost the entire stadium rose as one to cheer the anticipated winner,,,,,, sadly it didnt happen.

Could Dunbar have taken 3 pints - clearly the statement above says so. Could TJFC have felt hard done by,,,, in my opinion no. Either team could have taken the 3 points.

All I'm saying is - to me there didnt seem to be a huge difference between the teams. In fact Dunbar has played much better teams than yesterdays TJFC. No doubt TJFC will be disappointed - they are the form team of the season, and it'll be a different match at Forrester Park later in the season. 

What a pity the weather ruled out Tuesdays match vs Penicuik - I'm sure Dunbar could also have taken something from that game.

A lot of good performers from Dunbar yesterday....MoTM must have have been a difficult choice but it was given to Daniel. 

A decent attendance had lots to keep them occupied.

Last weeks result at Crossgates was a sore one to take, yesterday the team responded very well. 

If that was a normal level of performance from TJFC, then as many folks say - this league is very tight. Personally, I've seen DUFC play better and get nothing. 

funny old game,,,

Normal performance in that on another day Tranent should have been out of sight by half time. 

The games I have seen Tranent in 

Broxburn (a) Blackburn (h) Musselburgh (h) Camelon (a) Nitten (a) Whitehill (h) Dunbar (a)

All of them Tranent have created double figures of chances (treble in the Musselburgh game) and should have won easily.

That said every one of those games poor finishing / good goalkeeping has let the other team back into the game. Blackburn & Broxburn had chances, Whitehill & Musselburgh were only 1-0 in the last 15 mins and let's be honest here Dunbar should have won the game with Swain making a worldy save when everyone in the ground thought it was going in. 

I expect someone to get a right battering when they do take all the chances.

Was good to see the hard work the supporters have done at NCP with the area looking great. Shame about the traffic warden stopping cars parking on the grass. Think he will only be happy once the rugby club move into the football ground.

4 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Normal performance in that on another day Tranent should have been out of sight by half time. 

Broxburn (a) Blackburn (h) Musselburgh (h) Camelon (a) Nitten (a) Whitehill (h) Dunbar (a)

All of them Tranent have created double figures of chances (treble in the Musselburgh game) and should have won easily.

That said every one of those games poor finishing / good goalkeeping has let the other team back into the game. Blackburn & Broxburn had chances, Whitehill & Musselburgh were only 1-0 in the last 15 mins and let's be honest here Dunbar should have won the game with Swain making a worldy save when everyone in the ground thought it was going in. 

Was good to see the hard work the supporters have done at NCP with the area looking great. Shame about the traffic warden stopping cars parking on the grass. Think he will only be happy once the rugby club move into the football ground.

there was a quote that was used several years ago re the SPL,,,, "Nae Excuses"

On 13/10/2021 at 15:21, The Faceman said:

Bloody traffic wardens!  Can’t even enjoy football in peace from

them 😂

2 hours ago, platform 19 said:

Yep, its a good one!!! Nah, its a damn good one. Darren Smith, Dean Whitson couple of quality signatures there.

Experience at the heart of defence and in midfield and 2 leaders as well.