Dunbar United Season 20/21

4 hours ago, imho said:

Great result for Dunbar. Camelon had a good first fifteen minutes and missed a couple  of good chances, thereafter Dunbar took control. Two brilliant goals worth checking out the highlights for.  Good crowd and a deserved victory,however as Lithgy won today we drop down another spot but play like this and we will be alright.  We'll done to all who help at the club.

An historic day for DUFC. Actually its becoming sort of the normal. Great things from a great club .

15 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

An historic day for DUFC. Actually its becoming sort of the normal. Great things from a great club .

All I'm saying is - I forecast 2 clubs from EoSFL would certainly go into round 2. DUFC& TJFC and Preston   have now done the business. Hopefully Haddy, will soon join the trio. 

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I thought yous were better the last time we played but yous dug deep and got the result

Nonsense. The last game was poor, both teams were poor. This game you are right, we didn't have to play well but we done enough to win. Look you and us had chances to score but the reality is we were better on the day. Your no 9 definitely looks a player but he missed those early chances and it cost you.  Its over now and we are in the draw tomorrow and I hope we get another home draw but we are realistic, we know most teams will want us in the draw but credit when it's due. Its good for the club,a journey never done before but for me we have a massive fight to remain in this league   but so do you and 10 other clubs. 

18 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

All I'm saying is - I forecast 2 clubs from EoSFL would certainly go into round 2. DUFC& TJFC and Preston   have now done the business. Hopefully Haddy, will soon join the trio. 

Days like today is what supporting your local team is all about.

Even the thought of being in this position, in the senior leagues and competing in the Scottish Cup, 5 years ago, was unfathomable.

Onwards and upwards, Dunbar!  

7 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

Even the thought of being in this position, in the senior leagues and competing in the Scottish Cup, 5 years ago, was unfathomable.

7 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

fair reflection DUFC, but 5 years ago? I'm thinking more like 5 months ago this situation was unfathomable.

2 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

fair reflection DUFC, but 5 years ago? I'm thinking more like 5 months ago this situation was unfathomable.

Fair enough. I just meant, winning the league in 2017, subsequent application and transfer over to the EoSFL. The cherry on the top has been the entry to the Scottish Cup. The performances the last two games have been a bonus, and something the town has really bought into. 

13 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

Fair enough. I just meant, winning the league in 2017, subsequent application and transfer over to the EoSFL. The cherry on the top has been the entry to the Scottish Cup. The performances the last two games have been a bonus, and something the town has really bought into. 

ah - okydoky, understand that, good points. Yep, hopefully the town will get behind the Club. Great opportunity for everyone to share in the success

On 18/09/2021 at 23:54, #DUFC said:

Yes, credit to the manager for recent performances, albeit consistency of his squad looks a challenge.  A very strong bench vs Camelon for the Scottish opposed to only two subs the previous week against Haddington, one of whom had retired in the summer!

I think the recent game was the largest attendance since New Countess Park was opened against Rangers?  Any idea what the true attendance was including the free U12's as I've heard numbers much higher than the official 545 reported and I assume this must just be 545 paying customers?

The league remains the critical focus and hopefully they continue to do enough to ensure a strong finish there and not get dragged into the bottom of what looks an incredibly tight league (top two aside).

8 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Yes, credit to the manager for recent performances, albeit consistency of his squad looks a challenge.  A very strong bench vs Camelon for the Scottish opposed to only two subs the previous week against Haddington, one of whom had retired in the summer!

I think the recent game was the largest attendance since New Countess Park was opened against Rangers?  Any idea what the true attendance was including the free U12's as I've heard numbers much higher than the official 545 reported and I assume this must just be 545 paying customers?

The league remains the critical focus and hopefully they continue to do enough to ensure a strong finish there and not get dragged into the bottom of what looks an incredibly tight league (top two aside).

I'm pretty confident it was only those who paid or were adult invitees that were in the total. I'm assuming that all under12's were excluded from the crowd total and there must have been at least 70 of them. That would then take the attendance to around 615. As I say, at least 70 youngsters, may have been 100. That then beats the Berwick number last night, marginally  🙂.

The pie queue went way out the ground,,,, amazing!!!

Edited by Man from the East

17 hours ago, Man from the East said:

I'm pretty confident it was only those who paid or were adult invitees that were in the total. I'm assuming that all under12's were excluded from the crowd total and there must have been at least 70 of them. That would then take the attendance to around 615. As I say, at least 70 youngsters, may have been 100. That then beats the Berwick number last night, marginally  🙂.

The pie queue went way out the ground,,,, amazing!!!

I must try these famous pies soon.  Are they really that good or is it just clever marketing from the new committee? 🤔

8 hours ago, RedLichty said:

I must try these famous pies soon.  Are they really that good or is it just clever marketing from the new committee? 🤔

As a connoisseur of pies and a fat b*****d too I can confirm that they are rather fine!

9 hours ago, RedLichty said:

They are good but personally I prefer the pies from the local supplier  who was also ditched after supplying the club for years.  

22 hours ago, imho said:

They are good but personally I prefer the pies from the local supplier  who was also ditched after supplying the club for years.  

Ditched 😆,,,, you certainly continue to invent fake news don't you IMHO. One of these days you'll actually say something that really is true. In the meantime, your patter is mince.

15 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Ditched 😆,,,, you certainly continue to invent fake news don't you IMHO. One of these days you'll actually say something that really is true. In the meantime, your patter is mince.

Prove me wrong then. I spoke to Peter and asked what had happened that he no longer supplied the pies to which he said nobody had spoke to him about it. Now as you seemingly know everything maybe you can Prove otherwise. You don't seem to like anything that is showing some negatives against the club

As I said before naivety played a part in the changes at the club and improvements are there to see. You said a negative about our pre season but players were missing for whatever reason and obviously you were in favour of a change of manager,which is fine as Kevin appears to be doing okay,but the excuses you made when we lost was just like what Geoff had to put up with,players were missing,it happens but you just carry on and Prove that what Mr. Whitecross told me is wrong. 

15 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Please also show everyone on here what fake news it is I have allegedly invented. 

15 minutes ago, imho said:

Prove me wrong then. I spoke to Peter and asked what had happened that he no longer supplied the pies to which he said nobody had spoke to him about it. Now as you seemingly know everything maybe you can Prove otherwise. You don't seem to like anything that is showing some negatives against the club

As I said before naivety played a part in the changes at the club and improvements are there to see. You said a negative about our pre season but players were missing for whatever reason and obviously you were in favour of a change of manager,which is fine as Kevin appears to be doing okay,but the excuses you made when we lost was just like what Geoff had to put up with,players were missing,it happens but you just carry on and Prove that what Mr. Whitecross told me is wrong. 

Dearie dear,,, you just don’t like change do you - or is it only very selective change that you prefer? 

Very simply - I Don’t need to prove you wrong. There is nothing to prove. 

Whats your definition ditched?

I find it very interesting that you feel it necessary to enquire  about Club commercial business from anyone. Maybe you feel that you are entitled to do so - most people would find that sort of creepy,,,tyring to find out commercial club business. I suppose the word confidentiality should be in there somewhere.