Dunbar United Season 20/21

On 05/03/2023 at 23:38, imho said:

Another poor result for Dunbar. Anyone who thinks we are a shoo in for promotion hasn't seen.us that much. I know it was a cup tie against a team 32 points behind us. We are in pole position,we won't be for long if this continues. I have said it enough times our away form is concerning. 

Whats your solution(s)?

On 06/03/2023 at 07:10, thesunnydunny said:

More worried about how much of a ban Dean Whitson will get after being sent off as he will be a huge miss in the remaining League games.

With the weekends postponment, it Looks like the Coldsteam match is one game he may miss

Now we’re at the business end of the season, things are staring to firm up.

Pressure, injuries, travel, availability, and luck now all very firmly come into the mix.

The way I read the tables looks positive from a DUFC perspective.

Nothing taken for granted, all teams will drop points. But if we all drop the same points then it’s game on.

Good luck guys, you’ve done the hard bit, just maintain it.

6E177A0E-885E-4434-9679-D6EF752A69BF.png

3EF9947E-57A3-4C75-A1FF-C8FD2A2CE54A.jpeg

22 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Good details of fixture list here.

How did you find/manage it?

Can you do a WW one please?

No credit due.

it was shared on DUFC supported page.

Well done on Tuesday. A very late equaliser. But I thought you guys were well worth a share of the points. The players celebration said a lot

On 15/03/2023 at 23:06, Man from the East said:

No credit due.

it was shared on DUFC supported page.

Well done on Tuesday. A very late equaliser. But I thought you guys were well worth a share of the points. The players celebration said a lot

Previously we have got away with it, yesterday our luck ran out and a proud home record ended by Coldstream, 32 points behind us and with 62 goals against them. We had 2 sent off,missed a penalty and laid their goal on a plate. A shambles. Well done Coldstream. Make no mistake,that was as bad as I've seen us. Another difficult game next week against a team who beat us 4-0 a fortnight ago and with suspensions and injuries aplenty ,it isn't looking good. Other teams dropped points as well during the week so no great change but we can't repeat this,surely not. Get Smith back ASAP.

19 hours ago, imho said:

Previously we have got away with it, yesterday our luck ran out and a proud home record ended by Coldstream, 32 points behind us and with 62 goals against them. We had 2 sent off,missed a penalty and laid their goal on a plate. A shambles. Well done Coldstream. Make no mistake,that was as bad as I've seen us. Another difficult game next week against a team who beat us 4-0 a fortnight ago and with suspensions and injuries aplenty ,it isn't looking good. Other teams dropped points as well during the week so no great change but we can't repeat this,surely not. Get Smith back ASAP.

Smudge,,,,, yes he’s a Mr Reliable. Wonder if it’ll happen?

He seems to be in the starting 11 every week at Crossgates. 

Yes it was some home record. 

I’d never underestimate Coldstream, a very stoic side. They may be far away in terms of points and position but there’s a valid reason for that and it’s mostly down to their player availability over a lengthy period. They may be a far better team than their league position indicates.  I think so, and wrote the same previously. 

DUFC with only four league defeats in such a tough league isn’t a poor record. 

Yes, you’re correct there’s the suspensions to factor in, but I reckon the coaching staff have taken account of that.

Theres a very interesting week or two coming up in Perth. Commencing on the first of April it’s Luncarty v DUFC in the King Cup, followed up seven days later by the same fixture in the league. On the following Wednesday (12/4) it’s Kinnoull v Luncarty in the league and finally on Saturday 15/4 it’s Kinnoull v DUFC. 
Those three league matches in Perth may well  have an effect on the final league standings, or maybe not.

Lot of good forward players in the Luncarty side  especially Davies and Scarborough. A fast and effective side. 

On the other hand, we’re  not bad, we are in a good position. Nothing can be taken for granted.

The best league competition for years. That’s what the clubs/EOSFA/players and sponsors want. 

At the end of the season the only indicator that works for winners and losers, promoted and relegated is points per game.

PPG        11/3        15/3      

DUFC -   2.381     2.273    

GlenR -   2.294    2.222

Nitten -   1.85       1.818

Kinnoull   1.947    1.737

Luncarty 2.05      1.944

Big game on Saturday. The team will be hoping to avenge the battering over in Fife, from a few weeks back. 

Make no mistake, they will need to be on top of their game to get anything. The wheels are wavering a bit, lets get back on track before it is out of our hands.

A chance for the players and staff to show the team we are and put a marker down for the remainder of the season.

On 22/03/2023 at 15:21, #DUFC said:

Big game on Saturday. The team will be hoping to avenge the battering over in Fife, from a few weeks back. 

Make no mistake, they will need to be on top of their game to get anything. The wheels are wavering a bit, lets get back on track before it is out of our hands.

A chance for the players and staff to show the team we are and put a marker down for the remainder of the season.

I agree we need to play a lot better than recently to take something from this game.  This is a must not lose game and with selection problems,this is going to be tough,but let's get back to winning ways.

After today’s defeat by Kirkcaldy & Dysart, I am glad some of Dunbar Utd fans have taken stock, before coming on to P&B tonight. 

Yip; Dunbar have just lost two games in a row at home, three in a row in the league. But, look at the league table. Dunbar are currently seven points clear at the top of League One, with seven league matches remaining. Yes, Glenrothes, K&D and Kinnoull all have four matches in hand. But even if these three teams win all four (probably not!), Dunbar would still be in 3rd place in league, therefore, still on track for straight promotion back to the Premier League for 2023-24 season. 

All honesty; I think Dunbar will finish, at worst, in 2nd place, if not first. Keep the faith, you Dunbar supporters, and we should see three East Lothian teams in the Premier League next season. 

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

After today’s defeat by Kirkcaldy & Dysart, I am glad some of Dunbar Utd fans have taken stock, before coming on to P&B tonight. 

Yip; Dunbar have just lost two games in a row at home, three in a row in the league. But, look at the league table. Dunbar are currently seven points clear at the top of League One, with seven league matches remaining. Yes, Glenrothes, K&D and Kinnoull all have four matches in hand. But even if these three teams win all four (probably not!), Dunbar would still be in 3rd place in league, therefore, still on track for straight promotion back to the Premier League for 2023-24 season. 

All honesty; I think Dunbar will finish, at worst, in 2nd place, if not first. Keep the faith, you Dunbar supporters, and we should see three East Lothian teams in the Premier League next season. 

I totally agree but... 

Could you not have waited just a wee bit, was expecting fireworks either here or the Nitten thread tonight!? 

Dunbar will still make it, blew their championship chances though

40 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I totally agree but... 

Could you not have waited just a wee bit, was expecting fireworks either here or the Nitten thread tonight!? 

Dunbar will still make it, blew their championship chances though

I spoilt it again Spyro😀

Worrying times at the moment. Let’s hope the wheels haven’t completely fallen off!

Hard one to take, losing a goal so late on. Good to progress in the cups but league is ultimately the priority.

Same team and venue next week, in league action. 
The tide must turn at some point, and all good teams go through difficult periods during a season.

Hopefully we can get back on track and bring some points back to NCP. 

Bit of cat and mouse going on today with 7 changes to both sides from when the sides met exactly 6 months ago.

All to play for in the League next week. Sean Stewart unlucky to be sent off for a second yellow after being tackled from behind by Lewis Mackie who clearly influenced the referee with his antics.