Dunbar United Season 20/21

7 hours ago, imho said:

Big test for us tomorrow against Rosyth. They had a great 5-0 win at Dunipace so they will be confident coming to NCP. We had a hard game with extra time on Tuesday and lost 4 goals in the process,so I would freshen up the team. I would make at least 4 changes to the team but whatever team is picked good luck.

Why 4 out of curiosity?

If Dunbar play to their capabilities then I have no doubt they will collect 3 points.

Underestimate Rosyth and it will be a tough afternoon.

Fingers crossed for another positive outcome at NCP. 

Edited by #DUFC

On 27/01/2023 at 17:56, #DUFC said:

Why 4 out of curiosity?

If Dunbar play to their capabilities then I have no doubt they will collect 3 points.

Underestimate Rosyth and it will be a tough afternoon.

Fingers crossed for another positive outcome at NCP. 

Another 3 points for us in a very poor game. A soft late penalty by Edmond sealed the win. We were second to nearly everything,our distribution was terrible, our set plays were poor we were out muscled by Rosyth who had a couple of chances but for me ,wins like this are what win promotion. Glad to see Brennan and Whitson return at the back,I would have brought Hare back in as well.  Rosyth probably deserved a point but this is what happens when you are at the top,everyone wants to beat us,it's what our players should thrive on . Great result. 

It was a penalty. Well done to Johnny Edmond for stepping up after only being on field for 5 minutes. Things were getting a wee but edgy around that time with Rosyth giving as good as they'd been receiving.

It was also very good to see Smith back in a competitive match, his desire to be involved was surely appaent to everyone.

I'm sure there'll be a lot more games similar to this one.

The impressive fact is the depth of squad available on the bench

20 hours ago, platform 19 said:

It was a penalty. Well done to Johnny Edmond for stepping up after only being on field for 5 minutes. Things were getting a wee but edgy around that time with Rosyth giving as good as they'd been receiving.

It was also very good to see Smith back in a competitive match, his desire to be involved was surely appaent to everyone.

I'm sure there'll be a lot more games similar to this one.

The impressive fact is the depth of squad available on the bench

Penalty looked a wee bit soft from where I was but can see why it was given.

Not sure what I expected from Rosyth but thought they were one of the better teams to visit NCP this season.

Don’t think any supporter or players could have grumbled if they departed with a point.

Great character by the team to grind out the win. Winning is becoming a bit of a habitat at home. Long may it continue. 

Edited by #DUFC

10 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

He was good at Penicuik, his pace was always a threat. A bit unlucky with injuries whilst with us but I’ll never forget his goal in our Scottish Cup game against Stenhousemuir. Good signing. 

Nobody makes bad signings however on his debut against a poor Dalketh, he had a quiet game. Its a goal scorer we need and he was stuck out wide. Time will tell. The free kick scored by Walker was worth the admission money alone,an absolute peach. 

Not only was Josh Walker’s goal from a free kick a peach so was the opening goal from James Redpath who is making a nice habit of scoring spectacular goals. The third was great vision from Josh Walker finding The marauding run by Michael McFarlane and his cross was tucked away by Johnny Edmond who is returning after a lengthy injury.

Missed a lot of chances again but another win,another clean sheet and a few players rested. Big game against Whitehill Welare away next weekend remembering full well that we lost there last season.

22 hours ago, imho said:

Nobody makes bad signings however on his debut against a poor Dalketh, he had a quiet game. Its a goal scorer we need and he was stuck out wide. Time will tell. The free kick scored by Walker was worth the admission money alone,an absolute peach. 

Poor Dalkeith? Taken 2 worldys to get into the lead. I though Dunbar were poor. Dalkeith missing a few players too and still in with a chance of promotion!

5 hours ago, Jambob said:

Poor Dalkeith? Taken 2 worldys to get into the lead. I thought Dunbar were poor. Dalkeith missing a few players too and still in with a chance of promotion!

I wouldn’t say Dalkeith were poor. They competed well.

However, let’s not kid ourselves, Dunbar controlled the game throughout. 
It could well have been a couple more and i don’t think anyone would have said it flattered them. 

On 15/01/2023 at 08:05, platform 19 said:

For whats worth, Dunbar must be pretty strong favourites to get back into the top league. Has any team got a better home record?

Bo'ness Athletic have played more games (also winning them all) and scored a LOT more goals... but given the current home record for Dunbar is played 10, won 10 at home I think it will be a long time since they've been in such form.

On 05/02/2023 at 21:35, #DUFC said:

I 9 say Dalkeith were poor. They competed well.

However, let’s not kid ourselves, Dunbar controlled the game throughout. 
It could well have been a couple more and i don’t think anyone would have said it flattered them. 

Good luck to Dunbar against WW tomorrow 

Will be a very difficult game.

16 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Well after tomorrow it’ll be 19 played and 13 to go.

Getting into the real business end of the season. 

Hopefully another reverse of many previous results. Rosewell isn’t a happy hunting ground for DUFC wins. But feel confident that we’ll take something from the match. 

These are the games that decide if we are good enough to go up. No games are easy and our results have been good despite our form. We appear to have a good spirit but as you say we are approaching the business end of the season.  I would settle for a point tomorrow but a win would confirm our intention. Friendlies don't matter I hope the manager selects the right 11, play our strongest 11 from now on in. All the top 6 have to play each other and points will be dropped, but we can deal with these games when we need to ,but playing a decent team who are at the wrong end of the table is always a big ask,good luck to Dunbar.

28 minutes ago, imho said:

These are the games that decide if we are good enough to go up. No games are easy and our results have been good despite our form. We appear to have a good spirit but as you say we are approaching the business end of the season.  I would settle for a point tomorrow but a win would confirm our intention. Friendlies don't matter I hope the manager selects the right 11, play our strongest 11 from now on in. All the top 6 have to play each other and points will be dropped, but we can deal with these games when we need to ,but playing a decent team who are at the wrong end of the table is always a big ask,good luck to Dunbar.

Personally an away point is good.

Another personal viewpoint - WW are too good for the position they’re in. It could be a tough 90mins. But we’re on a roll just now, It can’t last forever, it may end tomorrow but I don’t see it happening.  I’m confident if we play as we have been doing then all should be ok. 

It wasn’t an easy 90 minutes simply because there are no easy matches. 
A couple of spectacular goals from Walker set Dunbar up for for the win. 
But WW demonstrated that they are more than capable of holding their own and weren’t too far away from taking something out of the game. 
Dawson was in the right place at the right time and  scored the emphatic winner late on. This was a substitution that paid off.

Other results today have transpired move the Club into a very satisfying TEN point lead at the top, which I’m pretty sure will increase and not decrease as the season moves forward. 

I’m sure I recall a statement made earlier in the season quoting ‘Karma’ ,,,,,

Very well done guys,,,, another 3 points on the board, 19 games played and  11 to go. 
⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

Credit to big Cammy Dawson for scoring the winner when he controlled a high ball, held off two defenders and swivelled before firing low into the net.  He sometimes does not get the credit he deserves !! Well done big man.

Very impressed with Ryan Weir the whitehill number 9. He sailed past 3 tackles to set up their first, was fouled for their penalty and only a brilliant save by Sean Brennan denied him near the end. Hard working, strong tackling player who I’ve seen quite a few times now and he never fails to impress.

Whitehill belied their League position and will upset a few teams before the end of the season.

11 hours ago, thesunnydunny said:

Credit to big Cammy Dawson for scoring the winner when he controlled a high ball, held off two defenders and swivelled before firing low into the net.  He sometimes does not get the credit he deserves !! Well done big man.

Very impressed with Ryan Weir the whitehill number 9. He sailed past 3 tackles to set up their first, was fouled for their penalty and only a brilliant save by Sean Brennan denied him near the end. Hard working, strong tackling player who I’ve seen quite a few times now and he never fails to impress.

Whitehill belied their League position and will upset a few teams before the end of the season.

Ryan Weir was a handful throughout the 90. Very talented player. 

14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Still over 1/3 campaign left but Dunbar in strong position with 10pt lead on 2nd.

Unusual nowadays for relegated clubs to stick by a manager nevermind bounce straight back but could happen.

Certainly helps when you have the biggest budget in the league by a country mile though doesn’t it.