Dunbar United Season 20/21

On 04/01/2023 at 18:41, Man from the East said:

In reality - there’s lots of contenders, Mr Every Match Berry, McFarlane & Whitson, Handling & Bathgate to name but a few. 
A very hard call

Good luck to Dunbar tomorrow. A difficult game in which we will need a big improvement from our last game,to pick up anything. Hopefully injured players and holidaymakers are back.

20 hours ago, imho said:

Good luck to Dunbar tomorrow. A difficult game in which we will need a big improvement from our last game,to pick up anything. Hopefully injured players and holidaymakers are back.

Looks like they done just that!

Great result. 

Dunbar played the same starting eleven that beat Preston Athletic in their last game. Bob Berry headed in Darren Handling’s cross after 29 minutes and substitute Liam Gregory scored a great individual goal with 13 minutes left.

Second clean sheet on the bounce with the defence giving little way and Shea Dowie producing some great saves when Dunipace threatened. Never an easy venue to collect points but another well deserved win and only 14 games left !!

4 minutes ago, thesunnydunny said:

Dunbar played the same starting eleven that beat Preston Athletic in their last game. Bob Berry headed in Darren Handling’s cross after 29 minutes and substitute Liam Gregory scored a great individual goal with 13 minutes left.

Second clean sheet on the bounce with the defence giving little way and Shea Dowie producing some great saves when Dunipace threatened. Never an easy venue to collect points but another well deserved win and only 14 games left !!

Agree with all of the above. Just like to add that I’m looking forward very much to the next 14 league matches 👍

3 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Agree with all of the above. Just like to add that I’m looking forward very much to the next 14 league matches 👍

A great result, one which I thought would be a difficult place to go    but all fears dispelled. Well done to all  associated with the club but let's not get carried away  We are very much  the team to catch and its great for the club. On to next week..

7 hours ago, imho said:

A great result, one which I thought would be a difficult place to go    but all fears dispelled. Well done to all  associated with the club but let's not get carried away  We are very much  the team to catch and its great for the club. On to next week..

It was a  place to go and take the 3 points.

They've all been difficult places to take points from. Nothing will change except the degree of increased resistance from the opposition teams. 

On 08/01/2023 at 07:35, Man from the East said:

It was a  place to go and take the 3 points.

They've all been difficult places to take points from. Nothing will change except the degree of increased resistance from the opposition teams. 

Hope the manager resists changing the team cos of who we are playing. 3 points required,strongest team available agains KSH and every game thereafter. Good luck to Dunbar.

4 hours ago, imho said:

Hope the manager resists changing the team cos of who we are playing. 3 points required,strongest team available agains KSH and every game thereafter. Good luck to Dunbar.

Can’t see the manager taking any chances - that’s  just my thoughts.

I think it’s a great position that the coaching staff have got themselves into with regards to the actual squad members. 
Looking at the eleven who did not start against Dunipace being:

Brennan, Fleming, Hare, Smith, Walker, Congalton, Bathgate, Grotlin, Gregory, Goldie and Edmonds. 
Not a bad lineup. Is it stronger than the starting 11? Dowie, Redpath, Thomson, Whitson, McFarlane, Berry, Allan, Neave, Handling, Dawson and Miller.

That’s a couple of formidable lineups that many teams would be proud to have. 
I haven’t a clue how you work out the best 11 from that 22. 
But it’ll be the best 11 for the match. The team selections have mostly done the business to date this season. 
Saturday is a very interesting day with Top Club at home to Bottom Club and second placed Newtongrange at home to Dunipace. No doubt that Nitten will be trying very much to avenge their 3:1 defeat earlier this season when all the points went to Dunipace. 
Great competition, fantastic levels of interest. 

On 12/01/2023 at 23:35, Man from the East said:

Can’t see the manager taking any chances - that’s  just my thoughts.

I think it’s a great position that the coaching staff have got themselves into with regards to the actual squad members. 
Looking at the eleven who did not start against Dunipace being:

Brennan, Fleming, Hare, Smith, Walker, Congalton, Bathgate, Grotlin, Gregory, Goldie and Edmonds. 
Not a bad lineup. Is it stronger than the starting 11? Dowie, Redpath, Thomson, Whitson, McFarlane, Berry, Allan, Neave, Handling, Dawson and Miller.

That’s a couple of formidable lineups that many teams would be proud to have. 
I haven’t a clue how you work out the best 11 from that 22. 
But it’ll be the best 11 for the match. The team selections have mostly done the business to date this season. 
Saturday is a very interesting day with Top Club at home to Bottom Club and second placed Newtongrange at home to Dunipace. No doubt that Nitten will be trying very much to avenge their 3:1 defeat earlier this season when all the points went to Dunipace. 
Great competition, fantastic levels of interest. 

Good result. Wind spoilt any chance of any football but job done. KSH never gave up despite being 4 down at ht. Their keeper made a few good saves. On to the next game.

Not the greatest performance in a game spoilt by very blustery conditions but deservedly picked up another three points.

Two goals from defender James Redpath, and one each from Gregor Goldie and Darren Handling sent Dunbar in at the interval with a 4-0 lead. A bit of controversy after the restart when Goldie was wiped out by the visitors keeper who was booked and saw Goldie hobble off injured. The impressive Jake Grady pulled one back for Kennoway on the hour mark before James Redpath missed a chance to get a rare hat trick when his penalty was saved by the Kennoway keeper after a shot was handled on the goal line. 
Credit to the visitors who never gave up and in my opinion belied their lowly League position.

3 hours ago, imho said:

Good result. Wind spoilt any chance of any football but job done. KSH never gave up despite being 4 down at ht. Their keeper made a few good saves. On to the next game.

I’m not 100% sure so don’t quote me, but that may have been the KSH goalies 4th straight penalty save. 

However I didn’t get a clear view of the earlier KSH goalie/Goldie incident - was it a red card job??? 

1 hour ago, thesunnydunny said:

Not the greatest performance in a game spoilt by very blustery conditions but deservedly picked up another three points.

Two goals from defender James Redpath, and one each from Gregor Goldie and Darren Handling sent Dunbar in at the interval with a 4-0 lead. A bit of controversy after the restart when Goldie was wiped out by the visitors keeper who was booked and saw Goldie hobble off injured. The impressive Jake Grady pulled one back for Kennoway on the hour mark before James Redpath missed a chance to get a rare hat trick when his penalty was saved by the Kennoway keeper after a shot was handled on the goal line. 
Credit to the visitors who never gave up and in my opinion belied their lowly League position.

Has there been an easy 90 minutes in this league? I’ve not seen it yet and don’t think I will. This league competition has developed into a real contest. Don’t think the same applied to last years Conference setups. It seems that the structure has created something very good. Well done to the guys at EoS

Gregor Goldie managed to shoot just before the Kennoway goalie wiped him out and I think the booking was probably justified. If he didn’t shoot before being fouled I think it would have been a sending off.

Just hope his injury is not too bad as we missed his movement up front after he went off.

8 hours ago, thesunnydunny said:

Gregor Goldie managed to shoot just before the Kennoway goalie wiped him out and I think the booking was probably justified. If he didn’t shoot before being fouled I think it would have been a sending off.

Just hope his injury is not too bad as we missed his movement up front after he went off.

That young guy looks the part. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2023 at 08:05, platform 19 said:

For whats worth, Dunbar must be pretty strong favourites to get back into the top league. Has any team got a better home record?

Well done to Crossgates on their win .  I personally thought there was nothing between the teams in fact Dunbar created numerous chances in an excellent first half but when on top against good opposition we need to put the game to bed. We missed a couple of players who hopefully are back for another difficult game this Saturday.  

Edited by imho

13 hours ago, imho said:

Well done to Crossgates on their win .  I personally thought there was nothing between the teams in fact Dunbar created numerous chances in an excellent first half but when on top against good opposition we need to put the game to bed. We missed a couple of players who hopefully are back for another difficult game this Saturday.  

Agree. Thought Dunbar should have put the game to bed in the first half but that's football. Encouraging to see that they are more than a match for a good EOS Premier League team, but also a timely reminder that these teams will punish you if you don't take your chances.

Thought first half performance was very good and as good as Dunbar have passed it, all season. Josh Walker had a very assured game.

When you think, Brennan, Whitson, Neave, Bathgate, and Gregory are all to come back into contention, it bodes well.

On 25/01/2023 at 13:33, #DUFC said:

Agree. Thought Dunbar should have put the game to bed in the first half but that's football. Encouraging to see that they are more than a match for a good EOS Premier League team, but also a timely reminder that these teams will punish you if you don't take your chances.

Thought first half performance was very good and as good as Dunbar have passed it, all season. Josh Walker had a very assured game.

When you think, Brennan, Whitson, Neave, Bathgate, and Gregory are all to come back into contention, it bodes well.

I would recall Brennan and Whitson right away. I would also start Goldie .

14 hours ago, imho said:

I would recall Brennan and Whitson right away. I would also start Goldie .

Big test for us tomorrow against Rosyth. They had a great 5-0 win at Dunipace so they will be confident coming to NCP. We had a hard game with extra time on Tuesday and lost 4 goals in the process,so I would freshen up the team. I would make at least 4 changes to the team but whatever team is picked good luck.