Dunbar United Season 20/21

22 hours ago, Man from the East said:

The Star came out and were really going for it in the opening 20 mins. But some excellent work - and again credit to Brennan - kept things level. But during that 20 or so minutes Dunbar had 4 or 5 very good attempts and were unlucky. Dunbar then took control of matters and used the wide expanse of NVP to play some very good football. The two quick goals in the second half really took the wind out of the Star. 
The penalty award was a wee bit soft. That was only instance of Brennan getting it wrong in the 90. A very entertaining match. Lots of near things for each side. The final 15mins seen an awful lot of Nitten pressure. 
The final score line was justified. 
5 former Dunbar players in the Nitten lineup, plus Kingy. 
Every single player on the park put on a good performance. That’s not something you often see

Whether we agree on individual performances or not,what can't be in doubt is the signing of Brennan. He made important saves at the right times and has done so in many games this season. I hope that the club in allowing the other keeper to go on loan have all options covered. Whilst the jury is out on some signings, praise must be given on Brennan.  

2 hours ago, imho said:

Whether we agree on individual performances or not,what can't be in doubt is the signing of Brennan. He made important saves at the right times and has done so in many games this season. I hope that the club in allowing the other keeper to go on loan have all options covered. Whilst the jury is out on some signings, praise must be given on Brennan.  

Brennan is a class act

On 05/12/2022 at 15:58, Man from the East said:

Brennan is a class act

We play Leith this Saturday in what could prove to be one of our most difficult games.  I hope we continue our good home form  but Leith could be classed as a derby game. Good luck to Dunbar. If the game is on,it's cold .

2 hours ago, platform 19 said:

What a good position the team have got themselves into. Playing good stuff, top of the league, players signing on for extended contracts, and one of the better grounds in the league to play at.

Recognition time guys. Well done.

Correct it’s been a very good season so far everything appears to be coming together nicely and bodes well 

For going into next year’s campaign.

Two well taken goals from Cammy Dawson bringing his tally for season to 11 , one from The industrious Ben Bathgate and an own goal from a wicked Michael McFarlane cross saw Dunbar go in at the break 4-0 up. Leith pulled a goal back on the hour with Dean Whitson turning a close range header into his own net and Leith looked a lot more dangerous after a change of shape.

Dunbar again defended well and a bit unlucky not to increase their lead with Bathgate and Grotlin going close and Dawson denied a hat trick after his header rebounded fro the post. Young Gregor Goldie twice getting behind the Leith defence late on firstly denied by the keeper and then crudely brought down by the Leith number 5 who saw yellow for his challenge when it might easily have been red.

Three more deserved points gained and another hard game next weekend away to Kirkcaldy and Dysart.

An impressive home debut from Josh Walker whose vocal encouragement was great to hear not to mention his brilliant midfield display.

13 minutes ago, thesunnydunny said:

Two well taken goals from Cammy Dawson bringing his tally for season to 11 , one from The industrious Ben Bathgate and an own goal from a wicked Michael McFarlane cross saw Dunbar go in at the break 4-0 up. Leith pulled a goal back on the hour with Dean Whitson turning a close range header into his own net and Leith looked a lot more dangerous after a change of shape.

Dunbar again defended well and a bit unlucky not to increase their lead with Bathgate and Grotlin going close and Dawson denied a hat trick after his header rebounded fro the post. Young Gregor Goldie twice getting behind the Leith defence late on firstly denied by the keeper and then crudely brought down by the Leith number 5 who saw yellow for his challenge when it might easily have been red.

Three more deserved points gained and another hard game next weekend away to Kirkcaldy and Dysart.

An impressive home debut from Josh Walker whose vocal encouragement was great to hear not to mention his brilliant midfield display.

IMHO….the first 45mins, the best Dunbar have played all season.

Maybe a couple of tweaks, but as close as Dunbar will pick as their strongest 11.
Gregory, Hare and, Neave would negotiate that lineup but great to have that dilemma.

If Dunbar kept up that pressure, second half, it could have have been a cricket score .

Josh Walker - great full debut. However, whilst he will show his qualities as footballer, I think he will be a far greater assist to the team for Congalton in middle of the park. He leadership is clear to see. 

Overall, great day on the park.

Happily put this out there….play like that, and we are more than good enough to get promoted. 

5 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

Maybe a couple of tweaks, but as close as Dunbar will pick as their strongest 11.
Gregory, Hare and, Neave would negotiate that lineup but great to have that dilemma.

If Dunbar kept up that pressure, second half, it could have have been a cricket score .

Josh Walker - great full debut. However, whilst he will show his qualities as footballer, I think he will be a far greater assist to the team for Congalton in middle of the park. He leadership is clear to see. 

Happily put this out there….play like that, and we are more than good enough to get promoted. 

Well done Dunbar. Great 3 points. 2 previous comments were a fair reflection on the game. No point me going over it again but Walker had a good game,Bathgate was my pick for top performer and only Hare might get back in given the strength on the bench today. Competition for places is needed to challenge and any player calling off now does so at risk of not getting back in and that can only be good for Dunbar. My opinion anyway.

10 minutes ago, imho said:

Well done Dunbar. Great 3 points. 2 previous comments were a fair reflection on the game. No point me going over it again but Walker had a good game,Bathgate was my pick for top performer and only Hare might get back in given the strength on the bench today. Competition for places is needed to challenge and any player calling off now does so at risk of not getting back in and that can only be good for Dunbar. My opinion anyway.

Cannot disagree with that.

I think Bathgate has been the best player for weeks. The way he gets beyond the back line is great to see.  Deep lying midfielders or centre halves didn’t know whether to stick or twist. 

His strength on the ball, power of run, and overall fitness is such an assist to the team. Night and day to compared to last season. Great to see. 

Excellent day for the Sunny Dunny - well done Kev & Co.

Cammy was so unlucky not to get that hat trick.

A very pofessional performance in every position.

Well done to Leith for containing the 2nd half.

Competion will still increase - Darren Smith and Evan Fleming !!!!!

The only normal constant is change,  but for Dunbar it seems the  constant is winning at home.

A nice attendance on a cauld day. Well done to all - the ground and pitch looked first class.

I suppose it was innocently due to the cancelations, but wonder what thoughts were going through the minds of visiting club officials yesterday. Hope that any changes stay as above.

9 hours ago, #DUFC said:

I think theres been several good first half performances recently. Each one seems to be building on the previous. Suppose thats positive development.

Just on a comparision of what seems to be a perfect example of positive development, the following 11 - which excludes yesterdays starting lineup - would be capable of a performance;

DOWIE, FLEMING, ALLAN, HARE, SMITH, NEAVE, GREGORY, MILLER, GROTLIN, EDMOND, GOLDIE.

Changed days in my opinion

Edited by platform 19

On 08/12/2022 at 23:32, imho said:

We play Leith this Saturday in what could prove to be one of our most difficult games.  I hope we continue our good home form  but Leith could be classed as a derby game. Good luck to Dunbar. If the game is on,it's cold .

Leith were played off the park in the first half. That wouldn't have happened last season or before. I think its solely down to Dunbar just getting better and stronger. What would have been a potential loss of point(s) turned into a canter. 

23 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Leith were played off the park in the first half. That wouldn't have happened last season or before. I think its solely down to Dunbar just getting better and stronger. What would have been a potential loss of point(s) turned into a canter. 

If the team is going to switch off, it's better to do it when 4-0 up at ht. It was no canter the 2nd half. 

On 11/12/2022 at 19:19, thesunnydunny said:

A great result as Leith Athletic are a bit of a bogey team for Dunbar United having won on 3 of their last 4 visits to New Countess Park and it was always going to be a difficult game !!

The past couple of seasons Leith certainly had the upper hand in all matches between the sides. That scenario didn’t much look like happening last Saturday.
Another big weekend coming up. Weather forecast says 1c. max temp. Perhaps the earlier 1:30pm kick off will help. 

7 hours ago, Man from the East said:

The past couple of seasons Leith certainly had the upper hand in all matches between the sides. That scenario didn’t much look like happening last Saturday.
Another big weekend coming up. Weather forecast says 1c. max temp. Perhaps the earlier 1:30pm kick off will help. 

Sometimes you have to admit that Leith were better than us in previous games but on Saturday we were the better team. If the game goes ahead this Saturday it will be a difficult game. They have had similar results as us but dropped more points. Our away form is okay but we have laboured in picking up 11 points from 21 but ,it would be massive to continue our good form and pick up something from this game. 1 game at a time and hopefully a full squad available.Good luck Dunbar.

On 13/12/2022 at 16:24, imho said:

Sometimes you have to admit that Leith were better than us in previous games but on Saturday we were the better team. If the game goes ahead this Saturday it will be a difficult game. They have had similar results as us but dropped more points. Our away form is okay but we have laboured in picking up 11 points from 21 but ,it would be massive to continue our good form and pick up something from this game. 1 game at a time and hopefully a full squad available.Good luck Dunbar.

Laboured doesn’t begin to describe the performance at Preston several weeks ago, but the opportunity to right that comes along in two weeks. 
Glenrothes was the unusual culmination of a couple of errors, poor surface and some unique decisions by the ref. 

I see tomorrow's game is off, on the plus side the Seasiders lead is unassailable for now at least!

What a season they are having well done to the club for doing what every club that down wanted to do, put themselves in a very strong position to bounce back.  Meanwhile other clubs who were in the early race are drifting off to the mid table positions...

From what I've seen the infrastructure and squad are now in place to have a real tilt at the Premier League next season and not be the cannon fodder they were for the previous three years.  

On 05/12/2022 at 13:11, imho said:

Great signing from the manager there, looks to be the best keeper at Dunbar United for many a year...