Dunbar United Season 20/21

19 hours ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

big game for dunny the morra m8

Good win against a poor Kinnoull. It was a very one sided game and we could have scored more. Young Gregor scored on his full debut and generally done well. An improved performance with a few players missing again but it was better. 

7 hours ago, imho said:

Good win against a poor Kinnoull. It was a very one sided game and we could have scored more. Young Gregor scored on his full debut and generally done well. An improved performance with a few players missing again but it was better. 

I’m not sure if that’s either a back handed compliment, a criticism, or you being positive for once. 
In my mind it’s a stunning result against a team that’s being fancied by many and have now been made to look inferior.

So if I’ve got it right - and I could be wrong, that’s now Luncarty, Dunipace and Kinnoull that’s left NCP without so much as a point? 
Those three teams all being quoted as pre -season favourites for promotion.

To be clear, I’m in agreement with what you say, but there’s a way of saying it. 

Are you just a hard man to please??

I think there was only the woodwork between it being 7:0 and 5:0.

Just to refresh our memory;

DUFC 1:0 Dunipace

DUFC 1:0 Luncarty

DUFC 5:0 Kinnoull

A goal difference of 7 against 3 very fancied teams, c’mon credit where it’s due eh??

Credit where it’s due,, well done Hainsey, Dunny and Smally it worked out good today. I’m sure there’s a lot more to come. 

Edited by Man from the East

2 hours ago, Man from the East said:

I’m not sure if that’s either a back handed compliment, a criticism, or you being positive for once. 
In my mind it’s a stunning result against a team that’s being fancied by many and have now been made to look inferior.

So if I’ve got it right - and I could be wrong, that’s now Luncarty, Dunipace and Kinnoull that’s left NCP without so much as a point? 
Those three teams all being quoted as pre -season favourites for promotion.

To be clear, I’m in agreement with what you say, but there’s a way of saying it. 

Are you just a hard man to please ??

Unbelievable this as considering the original post was actually complementary towards Dunbar and the debut player today.

It’s fairly obvious your last sentence pretty well sums it up.

Edited by jambo222

19 minutes ago, platform 19 said:

That seemed a enjoyable day at Hallhill.

Anyone actually remember Dunbar United scoring 5?

Not this season,beat Preston 4-1 in a cup. Kinnoull aren't a bad team,they just had a bad day and we took advantage. That's my opinion anyway .

53 minutes ago, imho said:

Not this season,beat Preston 4-1 in a cup. Kinnoull aren't a bad team,they just had a bad day and we took advantage. That's my opinion anyway .

Dunbars official spokesperson will be along shortly to confirm or correct this statement 🤣

On 13/11/2022 at 21:25, StraightOuttaEOS said:

🤣🤣🤣 aye yer no wrong bruv. the laddie is a tad sensitive even when punters come oan here tae give dunny praise.  a total paranoid wreck that’s made a fool eh himself oan here time n time again wi his biased views 🤣🙈✊

Cup ties the next 2 Saturdays and as we are not going to win any cup  ,a chance for the manager to give players who dont get a regular game and coming back from injury and new signings some game time in preparation for the big league games coming up.  But I still hope we can win these Cup ties and get a big draw at home. My opinion and wording only.

Have to say - i'm only an observer, not a contributor, so it takes a lot to be bothered to write;

So to be clear - this used to be a resonablly well informed site with no malice or derogation.

Now it's dead!!!!!! complety and  dying on its feet.

I urge any Dunbar supporter to now take back ownership of this page before it becomes just another defunct sheet in the history of P&B

Where are the guys who used to give informed content???? Redlichty, Maltyguy, Sunny Dunny, IMHO - youve been conspicous by your abscence - why has some guy from the toon now dictated the DUFC page????

I'M VERY SURE THAT I SPEAK FOR THE SILENT MAJORITY - WHY HAVE OTHERS FOM SOME WEIRDO PAGES TAKEN TO DUFC. I JUST CANNOT SEE THE LINK FROM SOME ABSURB  EDINBURGH AMATEUR TEAM TO A VERY PROGRESSIVE EOSFL CLUB.

Tomorrow the team are playing in a significant competion against a team much higher above them in the rankings  - as peR FB!!

Support the team, support the manager, and for the sake of of transparency - just support Dunbar United.

Some other profiles are very vague to say the least, shallow would be a fair description.

The big clue is getting back to EH42 from 'the Toon' on a Saturday night, If you dont know it then, you are really are from the planet Zod!!

Platform 19 - the saviour, the provider, then into Dundar at 2120, and into either he Golf, The Dolphin, The Mac, Bull, The Eagle, the Bull, the Castle, Volly's, the Lodge, Summerfield,,,,, even the Craigengelt, Hillside or Bellvue , Battleblent, Bayswell and West Barns. Jimmy Forsyth, Olly, and the rest assured it was great times, stuff of legends - and there were a few - several of which are still going along to NCP, and just laugh at the comments. thats fact and not fiction. The half time chat all wonders wha this font of knowledge id frse the toon!!

Eveyone is totally  bemused by by the interest from some 'Toonie Loonie'Theres guys with an average age of 70, so they've  sen it all, heard it all and know when the smell of bullshit is obnoxious.

I really hope that this gets back to being the local, informative, accurate, and timeous page that  it used to be.

Just cant underrstand  why its now  become a targret for those who've been emptied from other pages.

If youre asking  me  - I'd say some some strangers; wha urney frae Dunbar- could be called outa eos or something similar  - is beingf a total w****r.

I fully realise that Mr Sandy will will awake from his slumber to criticise me. Im really worried about that....

Yes a guy from an amateurt ebinbrrae  amateur league, folling a couple of guys on a Dunbar page, What a joke.

I only want DUFC stuff on the DUFC page. Strange but true.  I have got no otheri nterest in other Eosfl Clubs, and certainly havent got any any interest in some some half baked edinburra half baked amatuer team thats only one small step removed feom a pub team. 

what im saying is what evryone else that i chat to thinks, That is simply Get Tae Feck and let this page be a Dunbar page.

Criticise, support, inform, or just comment but fffs dont just talk a lot of bollocks that never gets either a + OR - because the stalker from Sandys decrys everything thats semi informative.

Its your page not - DUNBAR UNITED - not an ebinburra amateur page.

Edited by platform 19

3 hours ago, platform 19 said:

Have to say - i'm only an observer, not a contributor, so it takes a lot to be bothered to write;

So to be clear - this used to be a resonablly well informed site with no malice or derogation.

Now it's dead!!!!!! complety and  dying on its feet.

I urge any Dunbar supporter to now take back ownership of this page before it becomes just another defunct sheet in the history of P&B

Where are the guys who used to give informed content???? Redlichty, Maltyguy, Sunny Dunny, IMHO - youve been conspicous by your abscence - why has some guy from the toon now dictated the DUFC page????

I'M VERY SURE THAT I SPEAK FOR THE SILENT MAJORITY - WHY HAVE OTHERS FOM SOME WEIRDO PAGES TAKEN TO DUFC. I JUST CANNOT SEE THE LINK FROM SOME ABSURB  EDINBURGH AMATEUR TEAM TO A VERY PROGRESSIVE EOSFL CLUB.

Tomorrow the team are playing in a significant competion against a team much higher above them in the rankings  - as peR FB!!

Support the team, support the manager, and for the sake of of transparency - just support Dunbar United.

Some other profiles are very vague to say the least, shallow would be a fair description.

The big clue is getting back to EH42 from 'the Toon' on a Saturday night, If you dont know it then, you are really are from the planet Zod!!

Platform 19 - the saviour, the provider, then into Dundar at 2120, and into either he Golf, The Dolphin, The Mac, Bull, The Eagle, the Bull, the Castle, Volly's, the Lodge, Summerfield,,,,, even the Craigengelt, Hillside or Bellvue , Battleblent, Bayswell and West Barns. Jimmy Forsyth, Olly, and the rest assured it was great times, stuff of legends - and there were a few - several of which are still going along to NCP, and just laugh at the comments. thats fact and not fiction. The half time chat all wonders wha this font of knowledge id frse the toon!!

Eveyone is totally  bemused by by the interest from some 'Toonie Loonie'Theres guys with an average age of 70, so they've  sen it all, heard it all and know when the smell of bullshit is obnoxious.

I really hope that this gets back to being the local, informative, accurate, and timeous page that  it used to be.

Just cant underrstand  why its now  become a targret for those who've been emptied from other pages.

If youre asking  me  - I'd say some some strangers; wha urney frae Dunbar- could be called outa eos or something similar  - is beingf a total w****r.

I fully realise that Mr Sandy will will awake from his slumber to criticise me. Im really worried about that....

Yes a guy from an amateurt ebinbrrae  amateur league, folling a couple of guys on a Dunbar page, What a joke.

I only want DUFC stuff on the DUFC page. Strange but true.  I have got no otheri nterest in other Eosfl Clubs, and certainly havent got any any interest in some some half baked edinburra half baked amatuer team thats only one small step removed feom a pub team. 

what im saying is what evryone else that i chat to thinks, That is simply Get Tae Feck and let this page be a Dunbar page.

Criticise, support, inform, or just comment but fffs dont just talk a lot of bollocks that never gets either a + OR - because the stalker from Sandys decrys everything thats semi informative.

Its your page not - DUNBAR UNITED - not an ebinburra amateur page.

👏👏👏

there are minimum of 2 persons totally spoiling the EoS pages (not just Dunbar). Another 2 main pages sadly lacking content , these days, are Musselburgh and Whitehall W. The guy(s) with names (abbreviated to SOE & G184) are main protagonists. He/they obviously get a rise out of their comments but as you state, have just made erse(s) of themselves and at same time stopped useful contributions from others. I have stopped posting for couple of months now and apart from this post, will not be doing more posts as the culprit(s) have taken away my enjoyment of this site. 

Platform 19 - Hopefully moderators see your post!

Hopefully the couple of guys with genuine interest of Musselburgh comeback to the forum as I truly miss their contributions.

Ditto ( for Musselburgh comments) - same applies to the various genuine posters of Whitehill (and Dunbar - as you correctly state in your post). 

The truth in what you say can be seen in the no. of posts on the EoS forum. Last season, the Lowland League had over 2k more posts than EoS. During same season, EoS forum actually overtook the Lowand League in the no. of posts made. Now, Lowland League posts out-number EoS’ by 5.7k.

Back to my hibernation again. Cheers, Platform 19, For your worthy post👍

Edited by Casey Jones

16 hours ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

av missed ye m8, kin ye unblock me oan twitter so we kin arrange that selfie a promised ye as yer ma biggest fan oan social media ✊🥰🤣 a feel the luv sweet hert 🤣🥰🥰

Here’s a wee proposition for you pal. 
Seeing as you are on the Dunbar forum more than you are in your bed, and looking for that infamous selfie, why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and actually take a Dunbar game in.

Rather than stupid trolling and immature emojis, I am sure the supporters of Dunbar will welcome you down to New Countess Park, and have a natter with you over a pint after the game.

That’s the sort of club we are. No problem losing and taking it on the chin in person.

Hope to see you down soon, but I won’t hold my breath…

Edited by #DUFC

20 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Here’s a wee proposition for you pal. 
Seeing as you are on the Dunbar forum more than you are in your bed, and looking for that infamous selfie, why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and actually take a Dunbar game in.

Rather than stupid trolling and immature emojis, I am sure the supporters of Dunbar will welcome you down to New Countess Park, and have a natter with you over a pint after the game.

That’s the sort of club we are. No problem losing and taking it on the chin in person.

Hope to see you down soon, but I won’t hold my breath…

Seems to have slipped peoples minds that we lost ,away again. Once again 3 goals against us. There is no doubt we are a different team away from home. Our home record in the league is excellent but something changes. Same team as last week.  Its not so bad losing a cup tie,we aren't good enough to win a cup yet IMO, but the manager needs to come up with something for the Nitten game which is more important than the Gretna game although I hope we can pull of a shock. 

Dunbar were every bit as good as Gartcairn on Saturday and would probably have won the game but for two terrible refereeing decisions which led to two of their 3 goals - one of which was in the 93 rd minute. Their first goal was an acrobatic mis kick which bounced on the 3G pitch over the heads of everyone and their second came from a corner when the player who won the corner was at least four yards offside but allowed to play on.

Always easy to blame referees but really this one was bad and cost us the game. Their goalie brought off two brilliant saves to deny Dean Whitson and Josh Walker when we were pushing for an equaliser but good luck to Gartcairn in next round.

Not ideal preparations when not allowed into changing room until a boys game ended and team talk etc had to take place outside 

Hopefully Josh Walker can keep clear from injury as he clearly is vocal and a leader which we have lacked recently and oh yes he can play as well !!