Dunbar United Season 20/21

1 hour ago, T H E Reeler said:

And he scores  - very first touch and only 40 odd seconds on the clock

69 minutes on the clock actually. Where you at the game and can we ask.what team you actually support  if Dunbar are you new to going or just looking for a bite given  your title. Good to keep another clean sheet and pick up 3 points and sitting in a good position ,,keep it going.

10 hours ago, imho said:

69 minutes on the clock actually. Where you at the game and can we ask.what team you actually support  if Dunbar are you new to going or just looking for a bite given  your title. Good to keep another clean sheet and pick up 3 points and sitting in a good position ,,keep it going.

40 odd seconds on the park. Goal for Grotlin. According to press. They could have reported it wrongly I suppose. 

23 hours ago, T H E Reeler said:

And he scores  - very first touch and only 40 odd seconds on the clock

Good start to the season from Dunbar. 

Without being spectacular, they have got the points on the board which is the most important thing.

Whilst early, looking at the table, it looks like it will be a really competitive league, much like last season. 

Edited by #DUFC

3 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Good start to the season from Dunbar. 

Without being spectacular, they have got the points on the board which is the most important thing.

Whilst early, looking at the table, it looks like it will be a really competitive league, much like last season. 

Don’t know about last season being competitive.

The best description I’ve read was “DUNBAR sleep walked into relegation”

Basically a season that become an underwhelming procession from Feb - May.

However gave the big clubs a hard time - should have beaten Penicuik, did beat Linlilithgow, drew with TJFC. The big cockups were at Linlithgow, Dundonald, Inverkeithing and Meggatland. That’s my assessment 

Edited by T H E Reeler
Hmm

However gave the big clubs a hard time - should have beaten Penicuik, did beat Linlilithgow, drew with TJFC. The big cockups were at Linlithgow, Dundonald, Inverkeithing and Meggatland. That’s my assessment 

Think your memory must be playing tricks thinking you should have beat Penicuik  🫤 

55 minutes ago, Slabs said:

Think your memory must be playing tricks thinking you should have beat Penicuik  🫤 

Nothing to do with memory,,, read the report.

At Penicuik, if they hadn’t subbed their best player at half time ,,, they were beaten.

At Dunbar there was very little in it. 
If Penicuik were a title winning team - then myself and several hundred others didn’t appear to notice it… 

Edited by T H E Reeler

3 hours ago, T H E Reeler said:

You almost contradict yourself with your statement questioning the competitiveness then say they gave the big clubs a hard time.

The league was very competitive, hence the reason why so many teams were fighting for their lives in the final weeks of the season.

This league will prove to be similar, in my opinion. 

Edited by #DUFC

4 hours ago, #DUFC said:

You almost contradict yourself with your statement questioning the competitiveness then say they gave the big clubs a hard time.

The league was very competitive, hence the reason why so many teams were fighting for their lives in the final weeks of the season.

This league will prove to be similar, in my opinion. 

Nah,,,, there’s the clubs who can win the league which comprised TJFC/LR and maybe Penicuik. Then there’s those that won’t ever win under current circumstances Jeanfield/Sauchie. Then there’s the ones that always hope for success - Mussy/Broxburn/HoBH. There were some clubs in transition of which I reckon DUFC/NS would be included within. Then there’s the strugglers Blackburn/Tynie/WW /LTHV/Camelon
I wouldn’t know where to put Crossgates probably in  a surprise group, Dundonald into a hard to beat group.. 
Don’t know if competitive is the best description - challenging may be better. 
This season will be the same. There’s always leagues within leagues. If competitive is the correct word then I’m happy to use it. 
However can’t see it being applicable to any Luncarty game so far - uncompetitive and one sided being more fitting.

All I know is every single point will require a lot of effort, skill and as always luck. 
There’s always going to be half a dozen clubs challenging for promotion - that’s easy to see already. 
it’s also clear that some clubs are competing in the race to the bottom.  Which will become a challenge to their survival. There’s also a couple of unlucky clubs who haven’t had the easiest of opening fixtures and are now locked into a challenge to escape the bottom placing. Pressure brings challenges which nobody can plan for. 
it’s great entertainment for my £’s

Hopefully 22/23 will be a season without influence from external factors. 21/22 suffered from issues outwith clubs control. Planning, preparation and progress became a series of reactive measures, judgement calls and winging it scenarios. The teams with lesser resources undoubtedly suffered under these conditions.

Hopefully we won’t be seeing four clubs ever being relegated together again. 

Edited by T H E Reeler

9 hours ago, T H E Reeler said:

Nothing to do with memory,,, read the report.

At Penicuik, if they hadn’t subbed their best player at half time ,,, they were beaten.

At Dunbar there was very little in it. 
If Penicuik were a title winning team - then myself and several hundred others didn’t appear to notice it… 

Take it you never looked at the league table 6 points out of 6 seems to help my argument 

11 minutes ago, T H E Reeler said:

I’m not at all interested in yer 41 points from Tom, Dick or Harry. You were lucky in each game. 
wouldn’t it be great to meet in the Scottish Cup, if you get through ,,,,,

Won’t be meeting in the league that’s for sure 

26 minutes ago, Slabs said:

26 minutes ago, Slabs said:

Nor any Scottish Junior finals ,,,,,, how many times have you won the nations top competition???

Oohhh errmmm ,,,,, always the bridesmaids never the bride.

19 minutes ago, T H E Reeler said:

Nor any Scottish Junior finals ,,,,,, how many times have you won the nations top competition???

Oohhh errmmm ,,,,, always the bridesmaids never the bride.

Enjoy living in the past 

it’s a past that don’t have and never will.
We know our place ,,we don’t have delusions of grandeur.

We’ll still look forwards to playing you. Nothing to be worried about,,,,, 

You can learn a lot from reading reports but some are biaised. Why mention that Dunbar won the SJC ,60 odd years ago,have you just found out .

2 hours ago, T H E Reeler said:

it’s a past that don’t have and never will.
We know our place ,,we don’t have delusions of grandeur.

We’ll still look forwards to playing you. Nothing to be worried about,,,,, 

You just put a target of Dunbar’s back with drivel like that.

Stop goading and just enjoy the season.
Certainly not the way the team or supporters conduct themselves. 

10 hours ago, imho said:

You can learn a lot from reading reports but some are biaised. Why mention that Dunbar won the SJC ,60 odd years ago,have you just found out .

Read everything and believe nothing, unless it’s on Twitter, FB, P&B, the Courier or somebody’s mate knows somebody wha kens aw aboot it.