Dunbar United Season 20/21

1 hour ago, imho said:

As you have been told,the new stand was fully funded by grants, donations from supporters and a generous sponsorship with Eve coaches. The chairman was responsible for pulling this project together but has not dipped in to his own pockets at all. I have no idea if he has money or not but he has made a massive difference to this club. The stand is almost finished and it looks brilliant,improves the facility and must be one of the best set ups in Scotland and still a grass pitch. The manager has made a few signings and hopefully they turn out to be good enough . Time will tell but you are way wide of the mark, regarding the chairman. Nice dig about having the best facilities,possibly,in the first division.

Which covers £90k? very impressive to get all that on board without extreme generosity.  Having the best facilities in the First Division is a fact, I recall a few digs from those of a Dunbar persuasion when you pipped us to the ERJFA South Division title a few years ago, every dog has his day.....

29 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Which covers £90k? very impressive to get all that on board without extreme generosity.  Having the best facilities in the First Division is a fact, I recall a few digs from those of a Dunbar persuasion when you pipped us to the ERJFA South Division title a few years ago, every dog has his day.....

I am sure I heard the Chairman and Vice Chairman both put significant money into the club last season.  I am not sure if that has continued this year but I agree the maths look difficult to believe if the Board are not putting money in... the ground improvements overall must be closer to £150k than £90k and then there are players who were on £150pw at Linlithgow who I cannot imagine are the sort to take a pay cut...

If they haven't put money in they must be very skilled at loaves and fishes...

Either way good luck to Dunbar next season and we hope to see you back in the Premier League next season.  I look forward to having one of the outstanding pies in your new stand at some point next season.

23 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I do have a wee bit of experience of how clubs at our level run & operate and the costs involved, and £90k is an absolutely huge sum of money for a club like Dunbar to raise over and above normal operating costs, particularly from a position of struggling to stay solvent.

However it's great to see such ambitious ground improvements and I look forward to my Mo Johnston seat.

I'll even bring you a pie down to your mo johnston seat mate 👍

3 hours ago, RedLichty said:

I am sure I heard the Chairman and Vice Chairman both put significant money into the club last season.  I am not sure if that has continued this year but I agree the maths look difficult to believe if the Board are not putting money in... the ground improvements overall must be closer to £150k than £90k and then there are players who were on £150pw at Linlithgow who I cannot imagine are the sort to take a pay cut...

If they haven't put money in they must be very skilled at loaves and fishes...

Either way good luck to Dunbar next season and we hope to see you back in the Premier League next season.  I look forward to having one of the outstanding pies in your new stand at some point next season.

You heard wrong.

On 22/06/2022 at 17:47, Jamesy75 said:

If you think the chairman subsidies the club mate then your way off.

A lot of folk donated money to sponsor a seat over £16k currently,you get Grant's as well and also sponsoring the stand and the club have a healthy balance compared to previous years which is testament to good practices and also the support of the community and fans.

Say for example you had someone washing the kit rather than taking to the laundrette weekly the savings there are massive.....then someone else buying the squad juice sweets and fruit for matchday as a donation to the club,again a huge saving.

Thats before you talk player sponsorship which is worth several thousand a year,board sponsorship which has a high recurring uptake ,increased revenue with bigger attendances and Scottish cup revenue as well.

To think it's all due to a rich chairman is so far off the mark and rather insulting to guys who spend days of their lives making the club and ground better for the local community.

This is brilliant comedy gold ffs  🤣 

19 hours ago, jambo222 said:

This is brilliant comedy gold ffs  🤣 

Comedy gold or not,its true but there will always be doubters who question when clubs who have struggled for years,all of a sudden have good business people running the club and turn things around . Think what you like.  

Let’s not forget the comment from someone connected to Dunbar who openly said they hope we would go down last season after the 2-2 game. Karma eh!!

4 hours ago, budgie smuggler said:

Let’s not forget the comment from someone connected to Dunbar who openly said they hope we would go down last season after the 2-2 game. Karma eh!!

Whatever was said by whoever it doesn't matter,you are in the Premier we are not. Of course people from any club fighting relegation would want other clubs to go down rather than them,you saying you didn't, it doesn't matter it us who have  to try and get back up just like you will have to try and stay in it.

Cheers for the hospitality today DUFC, an entertaining preseason game and while the score  was unsurprisingly a bit one sided with the gulf in league positions I thought your lads put in a decent shift against a fast passing Rovers team. Your goal was a cracker and left Thomson blushing 😊. Nice ground and the new stand looks decent.  Best of luck in your season. 

On 24/06/2022 at 16:31, budgie smuggler said:

Don’t tar a club by comments made by those with brain cell deficiency. 
I reckon I’d be able to name that particular clown in about 10 seconds flat. I wouldn’t take it too personal - but that guy seems to have issues with every club.

I’m pretty sure he’s not representative of DUFC.

On 24/06/2022 at 15:38, imho said:

Comedy gold or not,its true but there will always be doubters who question when clubs who have struggled for years,all of a sudden have good business people running the club and turn things around . Think what you like.  

It certainly seems a point of intrigue - little old Dunbar United being in the fortunate position to invest in improvements and players.

Wherever the cash has morphed from; as long as its legal is it an issue??

If its a benevolent chairman, that's good, if its a hardworking committee then also good, if its a few unsung hero's also great. If its a combination of charitable grants, council funding, generous sponsorship and fans raising significant funds I'd say well done. If its someone buying sweeties and snacks - unusual but perhaps an idea that will catch on.

I'm pretty sure some people know where the source and application of funds has come from and gone to. One things certain - there will be no answer on here that is likely to hold any merit at all. 

The intrigue of all,,,,,,, all I'm really hoping for is that the players do the business on the pitch for the next 30 league matches. Its a matter of priorities.