Dunbar United Season 20/21

On 16/03/2022 at 19:25, RedLichty said:

Do you think he would improve things CJ?  One win last season, I don’t think you can blame Haynes for results this season, he Inherited a squad that hasn’t been up to the task , much the same problem as last term.

To continue blaming Geoff is ridiculous. When any manager takes a job the players become his or hers. If Kevin thought he needed to change he has had plenty of time to do so,the fact he hasn't or he has tried  and it hasn't worked, and has signed a few of the same players for next season either shows he thinks they are good enough or like Geoff is finding it hard to attract players to Dunbar. Whatever,we are in the relegation dogfight and we all need to get behind the manager and players for these last few games. 

Edited by imho

On 16/03/2022 at 19:25, RedLichty said:

Do you think he would improve things CJ?  One win last season, I don’t think you can blame Haynes for results this season, he Inherited a squad that hasn’t been up to the task , much the same problem as last term.

League Form guide 2022

1. Hill of Beath - 8 played 17 points

2. Tranent - 6 played 16 points

3. Sauchie - 5 played 13 points

4. Penicuik Linlithgow Jeanfield 6 played 12 points

7. Nitten Crossgates played 6/8, 10 points

9. Broxburn Hillfield 6 played, 9 points

11. Blackburn 5 played 8 points

12  LTHV Dundonald 8/5 played 7 points

14. Musselburgh Tynecastle  6/7 played 4 points

16. Camelon Whitehill 6 played 3 points

18. Dunbar 4 played 1 point

22 hours ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

surely fancy chances against a faltering Linlithgow at the weekend?

Both teams have been poor in recent weeks more so us, aside from the win at Stoneyburn. No one can really afford to lose for different reasons but if we turn up and they are as bad as their supporters are saying, then we have a chance. If we play as bad as we have been we won't. Games against Lithgy are what you want to play in and if the manager gets his team up for it,we might just have a chance. Good luck Dunbar.

On 18/03/2022 at 10:04, imho said:

To continue blaming Geoff is ridiculous. When any manager takes a job the players become his or hers. If Kevin thought he needed to change he has had plenty of time to do so,the fact he hasn't or he has tried  and it hasn't worked, and has signed a few of the same players for next season either shows he thinks they are good enough or like Geoff is finding it hard to attract players to Dunbar. Whatever,we are in the relegation dogfight and we all need to get behind the manager and players for these last few games. 

I don't think anyone is blaming Geoff, I think I and others were merely highlighting that the issues at Dunbar run deeper than the manager(s) as Geoff won one game last season.  Kevin started brightly but has stuttered at best. 

I suspect the challenges of attracting Premier League standard players to travel to Dunbar is more of the challenge and perhaps their budget is too low to play at this level.  Who know's but what I do know is pretty factual - neither manager has a great track record in the Premier League with the club.

8 hours ago, RedLichty said:

I don't think anyone is blaming Geoff, I think I and others were merely highlighting that the issues at Dunbar run deeper than the manager(s) as Geoff won one game last season.  Kevin started brightly but has stuttered at best. 

I suspect the challenges of attracting Premier League standard players to travel to Dunbar is more of the challenge and perhaps their budget is too low to play at this level.  Who know's but what I do know is pretty factual - neither manager has a great track record in the Premier League with the club.

Lets be honest here, Dunbar staying in the division was surely the objective at the start of the season. 

A good run in the Scottish and a purple patch in the league earlier in the season probably heightened expectations. There was always going to be a point where we stuttered.

Great result at the weekend, which will give the staff and players confidence for the remaining games.

Hopefully we will get the points required to stay up, build on the squad for next season and look forward to a new stand at NCP. 

13 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Lets be honest here, Dunbar staying in the division was surely the objective at the start of the season. 

A good run in the Scottish and a purple patch in the league earlier in the season probably heightened expectations. There was always going to be a point where we stuttered.

Great result at the weekend, which will give the staff and players confidence for the remaining games.

Hopefully we will get the points required to stay up, build on the squad for next season and look forward to a new stand at NCP. 

Agreed

14 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Exactly, and very probably the same objectives as around 50% of most other clubs. Three home games, all potentially winnable and all potentially 6 pointers. Cleary it would be foolish to predict anything. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/03/2022 at 10:13, The Faceman said:

League Form guide 2022

1. Hill of Beath - 8 played 17 points

2. Tranent - 6 played 16 points

3. Sauchie - 5 played 13 points

4. Penicuik Linlithgow Jeanfield 6 played 12 points

7. Nitten Crossgates played 6/8, 10 points

9. Broxburn Hillfield 6 played, 9 points

11. Blackburn 5 played 8 points

12  LTHV Dundonald 8/5 played 7 points

14. Musselburgh Tynecastle  6/7 played 4 points

16. Camelon Whitehill 6 played 3 points

18. Dunbar 4 played 1 point

Thats the problem with usining incomplete data sets - the full picture doesnt show

So, its down to the final 90 minutes of the season at Meggatland on Saturday.

Methinks its simply a must win for either side. 
However not so straight forwards depending on other results and also the potential for the EOS Winner to move into the Lowland league.

Why do I think this may not conclude on Saturday. Is there another twist in the story??

4 hours ago, Man from the East said:

So, its down to the final 90 minutes of the season at Meggatland on Saturday.

Methinks its simply a must win for either side. 
However not so straight forwards depending on other results and also the potential for the EOS Winner to move into the Lowland league.

Why do I think this may not conclude on Saturday. Is there another twist in the story??

Dunbar can only think of winning against Tynecastle.  I think LTHV will beat Nitten so only a win will do. The manager has said for weeks we just need another win,we'll here it is,last game,win or be relegated. No permutations required, only a win will do.

22 hours ago, imho said:

Dunbar can only think of winning against Tynecastle.  I think LTHV will beat Nitten so only a win will do. The manager has said for weeks we just need another win,we'll here it is,last game,win or be relegated. No permutations required, only a win will do.

Fingers crossed eh??

16 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Fingers crossed eh??

Not really. What I've seen in the past few months has not filled me with confidence that we will get the result required although, I hope we do. But we are where we are. Tynecastle and LTHV must be favourites to get the results they need,they have done well. I still think that 5 teams will go down so what the manager has said for weeks is that a win will probably be enough to save us,we'll this is their last chance

On 11/05/2022 at 11:19, imho said:

Not really. What I've seen in the past few months has not filled me with confidence that we will get the result required although, I hope we do. But we are where we are. Tynecastle and LTHV must be favourites to get the results they need,they have done well. I still think that 5 teams will go down so what the manager has said for weeks is that a win will probably be enough to save us,we'll this is their last chance

Edited by imho

On 29/03/2022 at 19:50, #DUFC said:

What now then.  Has the manager resigned.

3 hours ago, imho said:

What now then.  Has the manager resigned.

Not that I’m aware of.

Do you think that is the necessary action? Personally, not for me.

Been a season of ups and downs but certainly very enjoyable to watch the majority of the time.

A very tough league, and Dunbar ultimately paid the price. Weren’t good enough in the end. 

I look forward to returning NCP in the coming months. What will the team look like, who knows?!

Hard enough trying to attract players down to this side of the country when we were on the Premier League.

Hopefully we retain the majority of squad, with some of the future generation being allowed game time as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/06/2022 at 13:31, San Starko Rover said:

Looks a nice ground hopefully make the trip down for our preseason friendly this month. 

Hope to see you mate 

New stand currently being built should be finished by then.