Dunbar United Season 20/21

11 hours ago, beachboy said:

Remarkable in what sense MG?

I would say that in the past Dunbar wouldn't have been able to sign a player playing every week from Tranent.

I know Deano was on loan for a month at Dunbar but after that he played every game for Tranent and i think was undefeated when playing.

Dunbar missed his presence massively,especially the 1st game he missed v Linlithgow which was probably the only game this season Dunbar have took a hammering.

10 hours ago, Jamesy75 said:

Experience at the heart of defence and in midfield and 2 leaders as well.

10 hours ago, Jamesy75 said:

Experience at the heart of defence and in midfield and 2 leaders as well.

The manager clearly has options to change his setups. Ben Bathgate is also starting to make progress and appears to have recovered from that early season foot injury. 

The cup game is brilliant, but the following back to back games vs Dundonald will go a very long way to set the direction that the team are taking.

Dundonald Hmmm,, I remember the stooshie that they raised last year regarding EoS policy proposals. 

Great occasion at NCP yesterday. 

Huge attendance, every available bit of  barrier was taken, 2 deep in most of the ground. 

Two nervy teams - I'm sure both can play a fair bit better. Dunbar hitting the crossbar twice, once from the spot. 

These Scottish Cup matches certainly get the interest. 

All to play for next week.

Thought Michael Mcfarlane was absolutely immense yesterday.

Very nervy performance but the boys are itching to get started next Saturday........Potentially another home tie v Edinburgh City awaits.

21 hours ago, Jamesy75 said:

Very nervy performance but the boys are itching to get started next Saturday........Potentially another home tie v Edinburgh City awaits.

Good to hear it was a big crowd was the hospitality busy?  It’s good to see hospitality being offered at East of Scotland level.  All clubs starting to make progress.

On 25/10/2021 at 20:54, RedLichty said:

Good to hear it was a big crowd was the hospitality busy?  It’s good to see hospitality being offered at East of Scotland level.  All clubs starting to make progress.

Yes mate it was very busy,thats the last 2 rounds its been available and sold out.

Kevin Twaddle and a few other ex players were there on the day which was good,Also Geoff Jones was at the game so was good to see.

On 24/10/2021 at 23:38, Jamesy75 said:

I think Mikey McFarlane is outstanding most weeks. 

13 hours ago, Malty Guy said:

If anyone hasn't seen photos of the Team bus to Ainsley Park - go and check out the images on the club facebook page. Well done EVE COACHES.

Also worth checking out the supporters bus.

Both are very special.

As a matter of interest when did Dunbar United last take a bus load of supporters to an away match? Personally I am delighted at the progress being made with the club.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

On 30/10/2021 at 10:07, bravehearts dad said:

As a matter of interest when did Dunbar United last take a bus load of supporters to an away match? Personally I am delighted at the progress being made with the club.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

too long ago 😆

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday 13 Nov.

Today its New Victoria Park and a chance to reverse previous results vs Newtongrange Star.

DUFC performed well in the narrow midweek defeat to the league leaders - Penicuik Athletic. 

Today has the makings of a very tense match ...... it could come down to simple mistake deciding where the points go today.

Good luck guys

Newtongrange Star  

Well, what a funny old game fitba really is.

Saturday became an historic day in the history of DUFC. A win in Newtongrange… an almost unheard of statement. 

A very competent performance by the DUNBAR players. A result of 4:1 says it all. 

A victory at New Victoria Park. 

It’s a funny old game isn’t it! 

I was quietly confident that Dunbar would take something from the game yesterday, following last week’s result at Newtongrange.

I doubt the management or the players will be too happy with the outcome, but it just emphasises how competitive this league is. 

Need to dust themselves down for an extremely difficult game on Saturday. However, on more than one occasion, this season, Dunbar have shown to be more than capable with mixing it with the teams at the top.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/11/2021 at 20:06, #DUFC said:

It’s a funny old game isn’t it! 

I was quietly confident that Dunbar would take something from the game yesterday, following last week’s result at Newtongrange.

I doubt the management or the players will be too happy with the outcome, but it just emphasises how competitive this league is. 

Need to dust themselves down for an extremely difficult game on Saturday. However, on more than one occasion, this season, Dunbar have shown to be more than capable with mixing it with the teams at the top.

Massive must win game against Sauchie this week. With only 2 home league wins at home and more draws, we can't afford to drop any more. We are just above the dog fight and to remain above it, only wins will be enough. Good luck to Dunbar against a a team who have improved since we beat them way back at the beginning of the season.

6 minutes ago, imho said:

Massive must win game against Sauchie this week. With only 2 home league wins at home and more draws, we can't afford to drop any more. We are just above the dog fight and to remain above it, only wins will be enough. Good luck to Dunbar against a a team who have improved since we beat them way back at the beginning of the season.

Massive game. Still to be fair to Dunbar at least they are currently above the dog fight and not central to it.  A big spell coming up for Dunbar with a lot of teams around them in the table coming up…

I see it Fraser McLaren’s last game.  Will he be missed?  It looks like Devlin has been the main striker this season , is it just frustration with a lack of game time or is he injured ?

3 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Massive game. Still to be fair to Dunbar at least they are currently above the dog fight and not central to it.  A big spell coming up for Dunbar with a lot of teams around them in the table coming up…

I see it Fraser McLaren’s last game.  Will he be missed?  It looks like Devlin has been the main striker this season , is it just frustration with a lack of game time or is he injured ?

Fraser will be missed. He is a local lad with family ties to the club. He has been injured a lot and has missed a few games but he brings a lot to the team or he did. Devlin is a different kind of striker but we just need to get on with it,they have known for awhile so they have had plenty of time to look for a replacement.  I'm sure Fraser will be back in some capacity in the future.