Dunbar United Season 20/21

Watched Dunbar a couple of times this year (both wins against Broxburn).  My thoughts on them is in the past they were always a decent side but discipline let them down. Broxburn always had a difficult time there but a player would get sent off or players would get on to each other and lose composure and eventually the game.

This year they are more organised and keep going. They are holding onto winning positions and picking up valuable points regularly.  They look like a team and even when the young fullback was getting a torrid time the other players were encouraging him and he stuck at it all game.

The fans there have plenty to be happy about.

23 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Watched Dunbar a couple of times this year (both wins against Broxburn).  My thoughts on them is in the past they were always a decent side but discipline let them down. Broxburn always had a difficult time there but a player would get sent off or players would get on to each other and lose composure and eventually the game.

This year they are more organised and keep going. They are holding onto winning positions and picking up valuable points regularly.  They look like a team and even when the young fullback was getting a torrid time the other players were encouraging him and he stuck at it all game.

The fans there have plenty to be happy about.

Totally unrelated. Is Craig Scott (scholesey )not at broxburn anymore. seen hes not in team lists. His dad was in our cup winning team of 95

Big local game tomorrow. Haddington are on a great run this season, look strong and consistent.. Dunbar have have had a few surprise results and overall seem to be keeping themselves in mid table. I think the home team will be confident and looking to take something from the match. See it be a very tight low scoring game, with maybe a controversial decision deciding the winner.

enjoy ⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

On 10/09/2021 at 14:39, Man from the East said:

Big local game tomorrow. Haddington are on a great run this season, look strong and consistent.. Dunbar have have had a few surprise results and overall seem to be keeping themselves in mid table. I think the home team will be confident and looking to take something from the match. See it be a very tight low scoring game, with maybe a controversial decision deciding the winner.

enjoy ⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

You called that just about perfectly I think! 

So, not too long before the the big festival of Scottish Cup Football.

Looking at the fixtures in the first round - specifically EoSFL Premier league clubs, personally I think its unlikely that as many as four will clubs will go through to the second round, with the minimum being two. Realistically three will probably be in Sundays draw (subject to replays). Only my thoughts, but lots of travel and hard matches are involved in many ties.

What a great incentive for DUFC - its totally within the teams ability to progress. The advantage of a home draw, a team of similar standing, a very tight recent match between the two clubs.  Hopefully the manager has a full squad available and all are fit to play.

The atmosphere at the previous match v Broxburn was excellent, can it be bettered tomorrow?

Good luck to the Sunny Dunny. Its very possible ⚽⚪⚫🏁

32 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

So, not too long before the the big festival of Scottish Cup Football.

Looking at the fixtures in the first round - specifically EoSFL Premier league clubs, personally I think its unlikely that as many as four will clubs will go through to the second round, with the minimum being two. Realistically three will probably be in Sundays draw (subject to replays). Only my thoughts, but lots of travel and hard matches are involved in many ties.

What a great incentive for DUFC - its totally within the teams ability to progress. The advantage of a home draw, a team of similar standing, a very tight recent match between the two clubs.  Hopefully the manager has a full squad available and all are fit to play.

The atmosphere at the previous match v Broxburn was excellent, can it be bettered tomorrow?

Good luck to the Sunny Dunny. Its very possible ⚽⚪⚫🏁

Be a good match. Hopefully will be sunny. Team coming through in a bus as well. Hopefully it will be Mariners in the hat for round 2

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Be a good match. Hopefully will be sunny. Team coming through in a bus as well. Hopefully it will be Mariners in the hat for round 2

That's really great Alan, a bus load plus others no doubt travelling by car. I reckon around 400+ will be inside the ground. Treat yourself to one of the very best pies in Scottish fitba which are totally amazing.

The bar at Hallhill (next door to the ground) will be open before, during and after the match.  

enjoy

24 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

That's really great Alan, a bus load plus others no doubt travelling by car. I reckon around 400+ will be inside the ground. Treat yourself to one of the very best pies in Scottish fitba which are totally amazing.

The bar at Hallhill (next door to the ground) will be open before, during and after the match.  

enjoy

One of our supporters says dunbar has the best pies. Probably be trying one this time round lol.

9 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

go for it...

telling you, you won't regret it. 

I've been told that there will also be a BBC film crew and the local pipe band.

Tunes, pies and camera - what more could you ask for??

Scottish cup ties are always filmed u get the goals the next day on Scottish cup social media channels although someone said sportsmen as well but haven't seen it on that before

8 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Scottish cup ties are always filmed u get the goals the next day on Scottish cup social media channels although someone said sportsmen as well but haven't seen it on that before

Think its the 'View from the Terrace' programme who are doing an all day long session. Yes the SFA have a slot from early afternoon until match end.

23 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Think its the 'View from the Terrace' programme who are doing an all day long session. Yes the SFA have a slot from early afternoon until match end.

Great result for Dunbar. Camelon had a good first fifteen minutes and missed a couple  of good chances, thereafter Dunbar took control. Two brilliant goals worth checking out the highlights for.  Good crowd and a deserved victory,however as Lithgy won today we drop down another spot but play like this and we will be alright.  We'll done to all who help at the club.

2 hours ago, imho said:

Great result for Dunbar. Camelon had a good first fifteen minutes and missed a couple  of good chances, thereafter Dunbar took control. Two brilliant goals worth checking out the highlights for.  Good crowd and a deserved victory,however as Lithgy won today we drop down another spot but play like this and we will be alright.  We'll done to all who help at the club.

Agree with all of that. But enjoy the day for what it is. This is new territory for Dunbar.

A real good feel about the club and the town is buying into this. 

I am sure the club is realistic but another great day. 

2 hours ago, imho said:

I didn't think yous played that well. It was a poor game. Yous did deserve to win due to the fight and hunger yous showed. 

Good luck in the next round. The pies were amazing. 

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I didn't think yous played that well. It was a poor game. Yous did deserve to win due to the fight and hunger yous showed. 

Good luck in the next round. The pies were amazing. 

I didn’t think Dunbar were at free flowing best but couple bits of magic for the goals and great game management. 

Thought Camelon competed well at 0-0 but after we scored, looked a team lacking confidence and result never looked in doubt.