St Mirren v Kilmarnock 26/09/2020

10 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I think the main issue, excluding the insane idea of going with zero defensive cover, is the constant chopping and changing of the team and formation. At least last year he settled on a 4-4-1-1 which could be a 4-4-2 at times and it kind of worked. This year he's been all over the place in terms of formation and players don't seem to know who is going to be where and it shows. Indeed the fact Foley and Flynn baled out the defence last year seems to have lead him to think, I can do that this year. MacPherson the latest midfielder to play defence for us. 

I don’t know who Jim has to give him advice but he is struggling right now and unless something really changes for him, the writing is on the wall.
I feel sorry for him but having a young manager with a young assistant sometimes goes this way.

47 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I don’t know who Jim has to give him advice but he is struggling right now and unless something really changes for him, the writing is on the wall.
I feel sorry for him but having a young manager with a young assistant sometimes goes this way.

Tony F will help out with some theatrics about being a top 4 team

On 26/09/2020 at 16:59, Coooombe said:

I had no idea what they were talking about, there didn't look like anything in it at all.

Agreed. Didn't see anything in it.

However in the first half the Killie commentary team said they had a special camera behind that goal, and said to look out at HT for some footage of Killie's goal that you wouldn't see on the BBC.

When the incident happened in the second half, they both said "nothing to see here" which given they made the Celtic commentary team look balanced ***, you'd expect.

About a minute later though they both were taking sharp intakes of breath and saying it was a Broadfoot elbow.

And mentioned several times during what remained of the game about how lucky they'd been.

So I can only think that the footage from the Killie Club Cam showed a fly Broadfoot elbow?

Footage which by now, if they've any sense, will be deleted.

*** I've listened to a few club commentary teams, and obviously they're all going to be a bit partisan, but these guys were at a different level 🙂