St Mirren v Kilmarnock 26/09/2020

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

They've not been terrible on previous games; they dynamic seems to have shifted because there's a current squad player on duties.

I agree, though: I have no desire to hear commentators appealing for non existent fouls.

Isn't it a different commentator than usual? Don't recognise the guy talking to Tait. He isn't far off asking Tait if he can be his friend :lol:

The more weeks of having to suffer club TV and their chosen commentators the more you appreciate those professional broadcasters rather than the diddies employed at club level. Clive Tyldseley falls into the latter category following his summer video and employment by Rangers.
Foley has been absolutely hopeless this season.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm actually bored senseless watching us. I've seen many a shite Saints team but I'm always at least living with my heart in my mouth. 

This is as boring as it comes though. 

Totally agree. We havent even laid a glove on Killie. From middle to front we are as bad as I have ever seen. 

Just now, flyingscot said:

We don’t press the ball and the midfield sits way too deep. The rest of the team are keeping a 20m a social distance to Erwin. 

The amount of times McGrath has sat next to our centre halves is astonishing. He’s meant to be the furthest forward midfielder.

Goodwin has clearly panicked given our run of form.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm actually bored senseless watching us. I've seen many a shite Saints team but I'm always at least living with my heart in my mouth. 

Yeah. At least you normally get some sort of CV workout when watching. I'm not nervous, I'm not angry, we're just being edged out by a team that looks better organised, with better shape, more precision, and better attacking intent.

Morias would be a decent player in the Championship. Durmus... God knows. I was genuinely worried someone would try to buy him in the summer. Some laugh that, eh? Erwin looks busy but is being given absolutely nothing. There's a player in McGrath somewhere but he's disappeared since early August. Foley isn't the player he was last season either. The defence is marginally worse at dealing with crosses than Jesus and/or Dracula. We've somehow got no width and also nothing through the middle.

It's just fucking bizarre.

Very similar to Gus MacPherson's teams. We actually have some decent attacking options but they aren't flourishing in this system or style of play.

I am a big Goodwin fan but I can't defend performances like this which have occurred far too often so far this season.

Surely our players don't rely on the fans this much to get themselves going in games?

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Me too, but that has nothing to do with his management, sadly.

Yeah. He acknowledged last season that we were far too cautious a side and vowed that would be his number one priority to change. 

Not only has it not changed, we actually look like we've regressed. 

Erhahon has been one of our very few success stories so far this season.