St Mirren v Kilmarnock 26/09/2020

Would be nice to win our top division derby, I'm not sure we will though. Just be nice to see us put in a performance that merited the squad we have. There have been flashes of it, but we've just not settled - and that's been for several reasons, but it's still the case.

Jim has got to change his tactics if we have any chance here. Long balls to the front with no support ain't working. And he has to stop picking players that simply are not making a contribution to the team. We have the basis of a decent squad but personnel and formation are killing us.

Do we have to? [emoji26].

Tait will be a loss at left back after his stupid red card. Assuming Erhahon will fill in that gap, which is a shame for him as he was beginning to hold down his place in midfield.

Selection headaches for Jim in more attacking positions, and not in a good way. Too many attacking players off the boil for us just now. I'd go with Morais ahead of McAllister on the right. McGrath has to play in behind Erwin/Obika for me, Erwin probably edges it. He seems to be able to play up front on his own better than Obika.

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Do we have to? emoji26.png.

Tait will be a loss at left back after his stupid red card. Assuming Erhahon will fill in that gap, which is a shame for him as he was beginning to hold down his place in midfield.

Selection headaches for Jim in more attacking positions, and not in a good way. Too many attacking players off the boil for us just now. I'd go with Morais ahead of McAllister on the right. McGrath has to play in behind Erwin/Obika for me, Erwin probably edges it. He seems to be able to play up front on his own better than Obika.

Then again, we'll be Wolf-less. Just as Brophy was getting back into the swing of things, too.

Jim's messing about with the personnel and formation every game reminds me of the start of Danny's last season. Pretty sure in the first few games of the season, we were playing 3-5-2's, 4-3-3's, with Gary Harkins playing basically every position imaginable. We got a fair few gubbings until we started playing a solid and hard to beat 4-4-1-1. Pretty sure we won 2-0 at Tynie and we picked up after that. 

He just needs to pick a simple, solid formation, with players in the right positions, and keep it the same, week to week with as few changes as possible. 

Edited by ulysses

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 22:09, Wilbur said:

Two bad lots on this season's evidence. 

First to score should win 1-0.

We've not had the easiest of starts to be fair with Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers away.

Not been playing too badly, I fancy an away win on Saturday.

Power is back too which will help.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've not had the easiest of starts to be fair with Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers away.

Not been playing too badly, I fancy an away win on Saturday.

Power is back too which will help.

To be honest so do most St Mirren fans. That will be a home win then as that's the St Mirren way. 

On 22/09/2020 at 21:59, Ric said:

Would be nice to win our top division derby, I'm not sure we will though. Just be nice to see us put in a performance that merited the squad we have. There have been flashes of it, but we've just not settled - and that's been for several reasons, but it's still the case.

Surely our top division derby is against Rangers? 😄 Just saying...