Microsoft buys Bethesda

Rodhull

40 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I'll be honest I've given up following it so didn't know they actually have confirmed sorta. But this sentence made me throw my computer out the window:

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/elder-scrolls-6-release-date-bethesda-fallout-76-skyrim

I PLAY SKYRIM MODDED TO f**k BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T RELEASED ELDER SCROLLS 6 NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND YOU FUCKING GONK

He's got a point.

Rockstar have no incentive to make GTA6 because of the amount of money that's still getting dropped on GTA5.

Folk must still be buying Skyrim in their droves for it to still be profitable. I've bought it twice.

Quite the announcement from Xbox. I’m not entirely convinced they will go down the route of making titles Xbox exclusive, but it’s welcome news if it means I’ll now be getting new releases through Game Pass.

From what i can see the Deal is for $7.5 billion and it is ZeniMax Media they are buying. So Bethesda Game Studios, Bethesda Softworks , Roundhouse Studios , Alpha Dog Games, Arkane Studios, id Software, MachineGames and Tango Gameworks are all part of microsoft now. Giving them the  Dishonored, The Evil Within, Prey, Doom, Fallout, Skyrim and Wolfenstein franchises.

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

He's got a point.

Rockstar have no incentive to make GTA6 because of the amount of money that's still getting dropped on GTA5.

Folk must still be buying Skyrim in their droves for it to still be profitable. I've bought it twice.

I bought both the PS3 and the PSVR version and have barely played more than a couple of hours lol

Just now, mrpaddyx said:

I bought both the PS3 and the PSVR version and have barely played more than a couple of hours lol

I had it on the Xbox 360 and then bought the PS4 special edition. Both have had hundreds of hours of play from me.

14 hours ago, AJF said:

Quite the announcement from Xbox. I’m not entirely convinced they will go down the route of making titles Xbox exclusive, but it’s welcome news if it means I’ll now be getting new releases through Game Pass.

They won't make it exclusive.  But what they will do is probably go down with the PC or Xbox getting the games on Gamepass while PS5 customers will have to pay £70 per title.  

1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:

They won't make it exclusive.  But what they will do is probably go down with the PC or Xbox getting the games on Gamepass while PS5 customers will have to pay £70 per title.  

I agree. That would make sense, although Phil Spencer has apparently said that future Bethesda games will come to PC, Xbox and other consoles on a “case by case basis”.

This certainly suggests there may be some titles that are Xbox/PC exclusive. But on the other hand, I’m not sure if this is maybe a bit of clever wording to drive up Xbox sales when in reality, games will likely be on both Xbox/PS.