Cyberpunk 2077

Wardy

My respect for this subforum plummets on a daily basis.

It’s maybe unfair and might just be with that fuckin voice man but he gives off a big whiff of Gamergate that I can’t shake. Isn’t he the PC master race guy as well?

• 3 weeks later...

Was really excited and looking forward to this game however just watched the latest 10 min gameplay video released yesterday and am feeling less enthusiastic about it, from the video it looks abit empty and soulless.
Fingers crossed I'm wrong as they done a fantastic job with the Witcher 3 but I think I'll wait till the reviews before buying.

On 17/11/2020 at 23:09, spud131 said:

Was really excited and looking forward to this game however just watched the latest 10 min gameplay video released yesterday and am feeling less enthusiastic about it, from the video it looks abit empty and soulless.
Fingers crossed I'm wrong as they done a fantastic job with the Witcher 3 but I think I'll wait till the reviews before buying.

I’ve had that vibe for a long time.  The gameplay ie the driving and shooting part actually looks a bit flat to me.  

The look of the world is stunning however.  I think the story and voice acting will be terrific and the gameplay will be a bit flat.

A bit like Red Dead 2.  Although that made me care for my horse.  I’d park it way out the way to avoid it getting shot.

5 hours ago, Lofarl said:

I’ve had that vibe for a long time.  The gameplay ie the driving and shooting part actually looks a bit flat to me.  

The look of the world is stunning however.  I think the story and voice acting will be terrific and the gameplay will be a bit flat.

A bit like Red Dead 2.  Although that made me care for my horse.  I’d park it way out the way to avoid it getting shot.

I suppose if you look at the Witcher 3, was there ever really anything that revolutionary about the gameplay?  It was one of my favourite games of all time, but in hindsight it didn't really do that much special in the gameplay.  It was all about the world, the story, and the way things had been put together.  So in that sense, the game could still be great.

But generally I have to agree.  Anything I've seen looks a bit...ordinary.  Particularly with the huge amount of hype that's been put behind the game.

Some of the reaction to a further 3 week delay on this game is incredible. 

The developers who are already being badly abused by the company they work for are now suffering it from those 'fans' they are crunching to placate. 

What a toxic bunch of virgins some hardcore gamers are. A byproduct of a generation that seemingly wants everything now and throws a fit if it doesn't happen. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Has it been delayed again? 

I adore Witcher 3, so I always assumed I'd be a day 1 purchaser of this, but...I just have a bad feeling about it.  I expect I'll still get it, but I'll wait to see reviews first, as I worry this is going to be a No Man's Sky level of release in terms of people losing their absolute shit.

Point on the wider community is spot-on though.  It's taken a long time for gaming to lose the sort of stigma that used to surround it, and I'd say it's probably moved far more into the mainstream than it ever has done before.  But these absolute VLs threaten to pull it back.  My Da thinks games are ridiculous, and he watches a good few of the soaps still on TV.  Obviously I think he's wrong, but I suspect no-ones ever tried to phone up Alf Stewart and threatened death on them because an episode of Home and Away wasn't quite what they wanted.  People need to get a grip.

EDIT: One thing on if it does end up being an NMS style "failure", CDPR put a lot of work into the Witcher early on completely overhauling glaring problems.  Seem to remember they completely changed the inventory system fairly late on because people didn't like it.  So even if it is a complete turd, I expect a few months in the picture might look a bit better.

Edited by forameus

It'll be a great game, but it'll be absolutely slated by fans who'll call it one of the worst games ever and demand refunds after about 2hrs of gameplay.

Such is the way of the world these days.

Folk were demanding refunds for FM a few hours after the beta was released because there were bugs in the game.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Looks like we all might be finding out sooner rather than later, street date seems to have broken in the US by over a week.  CDPR pleading with people not to upload things and spoil it for everyone, but I expect if it's a complete mess, it'll get out.

9/10 from IGN.

Apparently IGN had to use approved footage from CDPR? Seen a few people saying they were banned from showing their own gameplay footage and some other folk saying no review codes for consoles.

Could well be the game is still fucked (which is what some people are suggesting) or they’re worried about spoilers. I still remember Patrick Klepek being banned from saying who Otto Octavius was in Spider-man lol.