Cyberpunk 2077

Wardy

Should I buy this? Will I enjoy it? 
Too early for me to make a recommendation in all honesty. I'm still finding my feet with it and am still kind of clueless as to what's going on.

I'm enjoying the shooting aspect of it just now. Dunno what it is but there's a bit of satisfaction behind it. As I say, that's me just hit the title so I think it might start to fall into place a wee bit more. The part with Reeves was brilliant fun and it had been going along at a pretty slow pace up until then. So if it continues at the Reeves pace then I expect I'll thoroughly enjoy it.

TL;DR - I'm not sure just now!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Too early for me to make a recommendation in all honesty. I'm still finding my feet with it and am still kind of clueless as to what's going on.

I'm enjoying the shooting aspect of it just now. Dunno what it is but there's a bit of satisfaction behind it. As I say, that's me just hit the title so I think it might start to fall into place a wee bit more. The part with Reeves was brilliant fun and it had been going along at a pretty slow pace up until then. So if it continues at the Reeves pace then I expect I'll thoroughly enjoy it.

TL;DR - I'm not sure just now!

Im sorry, thats not really acceptable.

You know I cant make these decisions by myself :( 

On 06/04/2022 at 16:41, Homer Thompson said:

I did. Bought it at full price on release and didn't regret it.

So no, run for the hills  :lol:

On 06/04/2022 at 16:41, Homer Thompson said:

You're the one that thought the Witcher was an absolute masterpiece, and that its cutscenes were pure unadulterated art, right?

But seriously, as someone who has played a stupid amount of Witcher 3, you end up seeing that they've used the same template to build Cyberpunk.  You hated the long-winded cutscenes in Witcher, but I think they're all but eliminated here.   Most of your interactions are in engine stuff rather than on-rails interactions, so if that was your biggest problem there, you should be good here.  The world is wonderfully put together, even if it is maaaaybe a bit of style over substance.  If you can get it reduced I'd say it's definitely worth it at this stage.

34 minutes ago, forameus said:

You're the one that thought the Witcher was an absolute masterpiece, and that its cutscenes were pure unadulterated art, right?

But seriously, as someone who has played a stupid amount of Witcher 3, you end up seeing that they've used the same template to build Cyberpunk.  You hated the long-winded cutscenes in Witcher, but I think they're all but eliminated here.   Most of your interactions are in engine stuff rather than on-rails interactions, so if that was your biggest problem there, you should be good here.  The world is wonderfully put together, even if it is maaaaybe a bit of style over substance.  If you can get it reduced I'd say it's definitely worth it at this stage.

That's right, I looooved the Witcher cut scenes. Really helped build a sense of engagement.

Saw something a few days ago about how Best Buy in the US hoovered up so many copies of Cyberpunk 2077 ahead of release that they're now selling off Xbox One and PS4 copies for $5 a pop, which you can then upgrade to the next gen versions for free.

Obviously didn't learn from the time they bought all the copies of Guns 'N Roses' Chinese Democracy and ended up giving them away for free with purchases just to get rid  :lol:

Currently 11 and a half hours in and only now getting confident with the controls. Still pretty clueless in regards to what use hacking is and upgrading my body but think it will come. Enjoying it so far but feel like I've barely scratched the surface just yet.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Currently 11 and a half hours in and only now getting confident with the controls. Still pretty clueless in regards to what use hacking is and upgrading my body but think it will come. Enjoying it so far but feel like I've barely scratched the surface just yet.

It does feel a little like that, but be prepared for the point when everything clicks and you realise how shallow it really is, and notice how repetitive the side missions are.

It's still a good time, but you'll be less disappointed if you keep that at the back of your mind.

It does feel a little like that, but be prepared for the point when everything clicks and you realise how shallow it really is, and notice how repetitive the side missions are.
It's still a good time, but you'll be less disappointed if you keep that at the back of your mind.

Aye there's nothing blowing me away with it just now but I am enjoying it which in all honesty (given the lack of time I get to play games now) is all I really care about. I'll see how far I go before getting bored/completely hooked.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye there's nothing blowing me away with it just now but I am enjoying it which in all honesty (given the lack of time I get to play games now) is all I really care about. I'll see how far I go before getting bored/completely hooked.

Aye, I was the same. I was happy enough with it two Christmases ago. Some elements (like the gameplay mechanics) are really well polished and a pleasure to play.

It's crying out for more varied content though, and feels quite empty when you're familiar with the areas. Studios need to cut back on these monstrous landscapes that they've no hope of ever satisfactorily populating.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've got as far as the bit where you get your eyes upgraded. Little bored of it already if I'm honest. 

It looks amazing and its not bad, just isn't really gripping me

I've got as far as the bit where you get your eyes upgraded. Little bored of it already if I'm honest. 
It looks amazing and its not bad, just isn't really gripping me
Go and check your time. I don't think you're far in. I was the exact same tbh. I'm enjoying it just now without it blowing me away.

Yeah, think that's a decent point.  I played it for something like 40-50 hours, and I enjoyed it, but wouldn't say I fell for it in the same way as I have for stuff like Skyrim, Witcher, or Death Stranding.  It was good, but I've no real interest in going back to it now I've finished it.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Go and check your time. I don't think you're far in. I was the exact same tbh. I'm enjoying it just now without it blowing me away.

Im barely an hour or so in.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Yeah, think that's a decent point.  I played it for something like 40-50 hours, and I enjoyed it, but wouldn't say I fell for it in the same way as I have for stuff like Skyrim, Witcher, or Death Stranding.  It was good, but I've no real interest in going back to it now I've finished it.

Thats pretty much where I am with it. Its enjoyable enough but I dont feel any real pull to play it like I have with other games

The game's opening is actually quite poor. I enjoyed it a lot more once I was free to wander about and do what I wanted.

Supposedly that was something that was rushed to meet the release date as well. The montage sequence showing you getting to know Jackie was originally meant to be a series of missions that you played through, which makes a lot more sense.

Spoiler

As it was released, it felt really rushed that you meet him and are meant to be affected by his death after just a few hours' play. I was more annoyed that I wouldn't get to know him better than actually feeling sad. Reminded me a bit of how they misjudged how attached the audience would be to Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Edited by BFTD
Fucked up the spoiler!