Cyberpunk 2077

Wardy

On 15/03/2021 at 22:13, Fuctifano said:

I will say that it's made me want to replay Witcher 3. Will also be glad never to hear the words "choom" or "preem" again.

I think there is supposed to be some big free next gen update for Witcher 3 on the way isn't there? I'll defo be back in Velen when that comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be too miserable about it but that is just a fair amount of turd-polishing to me. I didn't really experience any of the 23764 bugs they've fixed there anyway.

It does however show the shameful state of the game on release that near 4 months later they're still just getting round to fixing stuff that should have been rooted out in any decent alpha testing and QA before release.

Also, seems like the mini map still doesn't zoom out while you're driving. This is easily the biggest quality of life change needed for vehicles in the game.

23 minutes ago, Olive00 said:

I recently bought Cyberpunk 2077 , and have already played it. As a result of the plot, I want to say that it even exceeded my expectations. All this year, I sat with the thoughts that the Poles worked exclusively on the development of the open world and the character's capabilities, but they slightly hammered into the plot: it will do, the main thing is that the picture is cool. But no! The plot is full of colors, and to be honest, I even cried in a couple of moments. Yes, there are flaws in the game, and I hope that soon it will be possible to play without bugs. The game was definitely worth the time and left behind the most positive impressions.

Sponsored post alert

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Snafu said:

@NotThePars

I've been watching playthroughs of the game and if you go to the Westbrook district if you haven't already, you would have visited a Ripperdoc called Nina Kraviz. It's a nice cameo adding her voice to the game and she contributes a lot of the club music in the game under the name of Bara Nova and on the Samizdat Radio. You probably already know all this by now, but its a nice touch to the game worth mentioning.

Cyberpunk 2077 reveals Nina Kraviz will join the game and Original Score

I heard she had a cameo in it but never saw any pics tho! That's cool. Her tune, Surprise Me, is class on the soundtrack.

I really need to dive back in I played 3 hours at new year and never went back to it...

• 1 month later...
Interesting that Sony themselves are recommending only running the game on PS4 Pro or PS5 at the current time.

Is it that surprising? They’re hardly going to say “nah guys, this still runs shit on our flagship nextgen console. Maybe try the Xbox Series X instead.”

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Is it that surprising? They’re hardly going to say “nah guys, this still runs shit on our flagship nextgen console. Maybe try the Xbox Series X instead.”

I think it's more the point that they're still selling it but specifically not recommending playing it on the base PS4.

I wonder how different their reaction to it would have been if they had the marketing deal for the game rather than Microsoft.

It's hard to imagine how CDPR could have gotten it so utterly wrong from start to finish with this.  The best parallel to draw is with Hello Games and No Man's Sky.  When they released, you could at least say that they were a new developer, with no real IP behind them to give them the reputation.  But CDPR had probably one of the best examples of open world games ever released, with two of the greatest DLCs ever released to extend its life.  How could they have gotten this one so wrong?

Just one utter disaster after another.  Constant delays with them clearly struggling to get it ready, deciding "f**k it" and just releasing it anyway, doubling down on the f**k-up and acting pretty unapologetically, releasing updates that seemed to cause more issues, getting their product effectively taken off the shelves, and to this day they don't seem to have any kind of plan for what comes next.  It's awe-inspiring just how much they fucked up.

I mentioned NMS, and it's a tired point, but CDPR had a perfect blueprint of what to do in this situation.  When HG released that and saw how much they fucked up, they shut the doors, battened down the hatches and they went to work.  They're still working now, quietly producing content, and constantly seeming like they're trying to atone.  Why didn't CDPR just do that?  

It's hard to imagine how CDPR could have gotten it so utterly wrong from start to finish with this.  The best parallel to draw is with Hello Games and No Man's Sky.  When they released, you could at least say that they were a new developer, with no real IP behind them to give them the reputation.  But CDPR had probably one of the best examples of open world games ever released, with two of the greatest DLCs ever released to extend its life.  How could they have gotten this one so wrong?
Just one utter disaster after another.  Constant delays with them clearly struggling to get it ready, deciding "f**k it" and just releasing it anyway, doubling down on the f**k-up and acting pretty unapologetically, releasing updates that seemed to cause more issues, getting their product effectively taken off the shelves, and to this day they don't seem to have any kind of plan for what comes next.  It's awe-inspiring just how much they fucked up.
I mentioned NMS, and it's a tired point, but CDPR had a perfect blueprint of what to do in this situation.  When HG released that and saw how much they fucked up, they shut the doors, battened down the hatches and they went to work.  They're still working now, quietly producing content, and constantly seeming like they're trying to atone.  Why didn't CDPR just do that?  
Because it's expensive. Pretty sure that'll be what it comes down to.

Also think they're trying to decide if they can get away with pulling the plug and moving on to another Witcher game. They'd have been crucified back in the Spring, but maybe they figure if they keep quiet long enough, nobody will be playing and won't care about the free DLC they aren't getting.

12 hours ago, forameus said:

The game is also pretty shite. The shooting, hacking and stealth are all shite, and the driving is even worse than that. I don't even think it suits being first person. I personally found it a real chore to play and chucked it halfway through, and I was desperate to like it.

Various outlets have worked out that, while Cyberpunk took off like a rocket in terms of sales, hardly anybody's buying it now. Not terribly surprising.

https://www.denofgeek.com/games/cyberpunk-2077-sales-2021-cdpr-stock-price/

They could take a financial hit by enhancing the core game and producing quality added content, which might see sales increase in the No Man's Sky stylee, as people gradually hear it's a better game and worth buying. But the vague promises and lack of hard information makes me think they're going to pull an Anthem with this; keep promising years of extra content, before shutting down when they think people have lost interest, probably with a big Witcher 4 announcement as a distraction.

Pity, as you can see the potential that the game had, but it would be a mammoth task to turn it into something like CDPR led people to believe it was going to be.

CDPR pulling an Anthem on this would be deeply funny. At least Bioware looked like they were being held at gunpoint in that situation this was CDPR’s golden goose. I don’t know if a faithful Witcher 4 that caters to the fans even buys enough goodwill back.