Cyberpunk 2077

Wardy

1 hour ago, forameus said:

You'd like to think that guy's at it, but I bet there are people out there who actually feel that way.  Jesus Christ.

Honestly, it's sitting at a solid 6 out of 10.  Can't really disagree with anything GiGi said, to be honest.  I think the World feels alive enough that the fact you can't really do much under the surface doesn't affect much, but the combat is...well, it's utter guff isn't it?  I haven't seen a game so blatantly bullet spongey since the Division.  I'm on a mission where you meet a guy in a small office, and then have a gunfight with him.  I spent a good few minutes circling round a desk, emptying clip after clip into his face, and nothing.  Driving isn't particularly interesting.  The writing is about as subtle as the gunplay at times. 

Still, it's a good solid game that will likely improve.  Definitely doesn't have the charm the Witcher had though.  You can really tell they didn't have books and books worth of lore to lean on.

Agree about the bullet sponge thing. I'm playing on normal and it's literally full clips to the face before anyone goes down. 

I'm STILL working through the initial linear sections, so haven't had much chance to play around or dive particularly deep into it, but I've really enjoyed the introduction to the world and the setting I general so far.

Disappointing to hear it feels empty once the more open world stuff begins. I'm genuinely at an 8/10 maybe a little higher. But yes, the gun play could be miles better. f**k knows what it's like on hard - do you just take more damage personally, or do they take even more bullets before going down? 

It's veeeeery sexually aggressive too.  It's like they came in one day and someone had drawn a naughty billboard, and they thought it was so great that they decided they'd make every single one the same just to show how edgy they were.  I know it kind of fits in with the theme, and I hate to come over all Mary Whitehouse, but did it have to be blatant?

2 hours ago, forameus said:

It's veeeeery sexually aggressive too.  It's like they came in one day and someone had drawn a naughty billboard, and they thought it was so great that they decided they'd make every single one the same just to show how edgy they were.  I know it kind of fits in with the theme, and I hate to come over all Mary Whitehouse, but did it have to be blatant?

hqdefault.jpg

Oh God, that would be awful.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/12/14/cd-projekt-apologise-for-cyberpunk-2077-on-ps4-and-xbox-offer-refunds-13748097/amp/

Least they’ve apologised. Even offering refunds. I’ll probably wait and see what the patch has to offer. If I eventually do get a ps5 least it’ll still get upgraded so still holds some value.

I really hope there is a big AI fix on the way and I'm fairly sure that'll be high on the priority list for CDPR. I've had a few enemies T-pose in the middle of fights. The road AI for NPC drivers just doesn't seem to exist.

And then there's the fucking police! Jesus christ one of the worst systems I've seen in any game. They just spawn on your character regardless of your location. Like directly behind you. No sirens and screeching cop cars pulling up, just some anime teleporting out of thin air.

Would also like to note I'm still having a lot of fun with the game in spite of my moaning but this is not a finished game. The studio/investors have rushed this out to make some xmas money.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/12/14/cd-projekt-apologise-for-cyberpunk-2077-on-ps4-and-xbox-offer-refunds-13748097/amp/

Least they’ve apologised. Even offering refunds. I’ll probably wait and see what the patch has to offer. If I eventually do get a ps5 least it’ll still get upgraded so still holds some value.
Respect for apologising after completely deceiving or lying to a big chunk of their customers but offering refunds (for a week) for a product that doesn't work [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I'm still at the tutorial missions stage, given that I'm not really enjoying it and the fact it's clearly broken in parts I'd normally just park it for a couple of months and probably enjoy it more, but I'm off for 2 weeks at Christmas and in a high covid area so will probably end up sticking with it. 

Have to admit I’m liking this more the longer I play it. Combat is a bit of a chore as enemies are so bullet spongey but guess that might improve with better weapons and levelling up. Using stealth definitely seems to pay off.

The couple of patches already seem to have made a difference. Hopefully that’s even more the case as more come out.

There is a fair amount of jack, pop-in of textures at the moment but doesn’t feel too much worse than a typical Bethesda game so far. I’m playing on Series X though. Presumably it’s a lot worse on the older systems.

During a particular cutscene pumping a certain character, my V switched from being bald in one shot to having his hairdo back in the next. Ruined the immersion of my gratuitous artistry tbh.

Holy shit! The refunds in itself is obviously a big deal but Sony saying they’re going to remove the game from the store completely until further notice is pretty shocking!

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store.  SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

I remember when Assassins Creed Unity came out and had a ton of issues Ubisoft basically gave the season pass content away for free and gave a free game to those that had already bought the season pass and it to me didn’t seem to have anywhere near as many issues as it looks like Cyberpunk is having.