Cyberpunk 2077

Wardy

4 hours ago, forameus said:

This really does seem in parts like a reskin of The Witcher in mechanics.  Not saying that's a bad thing, I loved that game, but just weird seeing stuff like the boxing fights basically being lifted (fight these guys, then when you win, fight the big guy) and the inventory being unchanged.  Guess if you don't like W3, you're a bit fucked.

The World though...I'm sure they said it would be a lot bigger vertically, so if I can access a lot of these high rise buildings, it looks absolutely amazing after just an hour or so.

The inventory system is not good IMO. It was managable in the witcher, this is worse.

9 hours ago, GiGi said:

The inventory system is not good IMO. It was managable in the witcher, this is worse.

To be fair, I think the first inventory system the Witcher had was utter guff and quite similar to this.  Wonder if they went back to that thinking they were right again.  It is incredibly complex, and I'm struggling to find where everything is.

To be fair, I think the first inventory system the Witcher had was utter guff and quite similar to this.  Wonder if they went back to that thinking they were right again.  It is incredibly complex, and I'm struggling to find where everything is.

They probably just didn’t get round to fixing it

Played for four hours on PC last night. Started as a corpo and have enjoyed what I have played so far. The game has ran mostly smoothly for me but I did have the game ‘flatline’ for me a couple of times during a fight in one of the LCPD crime activities.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

They probably just didn’t get round to fixing it

Nah, this one seems more like a poor design decision.  I seem to remember way, way back that Witcher 3 had a very similar inventory, and people complained so much that they completely streamlined it in a major update later.  

But there's plenty of other stuff they've likely not got around to fixing!  Must be a fucking horrendous place to work right now.  I've been in that position of trying desperately to fix something and not break anything else while under pressure, and I wasn't getting death threats from wee VLs on twitter during it.

Minor quibble but can't remap caps lock to sprint, which is the set up I always use in fps. UI says its changed, but it still scans when I press. 

Proper first World problems but f**k it, it's really annoying. 

Wife nightshift tonight so me and the weans having a gaming night. They'll be on fortnite, I'll be rattling this till my eyes hurt. 

Gave my lad a big tadger.  If it's anything like the Witcher 3 it will get a fair use.

Since I got my 3060ti, it defaults to ultra with rtx ray tracing on.  Game looks amazing.  The first wow moment was when you are in the car with that old priest dude at the start.  I turned rtx on and off.  The difference is subtle but you really do notice it.

Just had a couple of hours. Haven't even got past the linear sections yet but f**k me the setting is so immersive. My PC is no slouch but it's been a while since I built it now, but even still it looks fucking fantastic. 

Could do with a dose of corona and just isolate in the games room for a couple of weeks tbh. 

2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Gave my lad a big tadger.  If it's anything like the Witcher 3 it will get a fair use.

Since I got my 3060ti, it defaults to ultra with rtx ray tracing on.  Game looks amazing.  The first wow moment was when you are in the car with that old priest dude at the start.  I turned rtx on and off.  The difference is subtle but you really do notice it.

Really looking forward to my 3070 arriving and getting a shot of ray tracing. Been waiting since launch day but am 3rd in the pre-order queue so hopefully, it’ll arrive in time for a bit of time off over Christmas. Currently, I’m managing to run the game at 1440p at medium settings and the game still looks really nice in parts.

Looks like the first street race is bugged for me sadly. It's just a series of checkpoints you need to hit but for whatever reason the checkpoints keep disappearing at the same point in the race and I get reset for going off track. I did this from the lead a few times so I tried just always being in 2nd and following the lead car, and the exact same thing happened. This is especially frustrating as I'm at a point in the game where I need more money to proceed with the main missions.

Also - after 20 hours of play (I know) I don't think this game is that good. The setting is cool but the combat is meh, the driving is awful, the AI is bad, the world is big but there's absolutely nothing in it other than missions. You can't get a haircut or a shave so despite the genre you can't change your character's appearance other than clothing. You can't interact with NPCs.

I'm still having fun with the story and learning the netrunning stuff but I am disappointed with how empty the game feels overall. Poor man's GTA so far.

13 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Geralt was a proper shagger.

Always baffled me that you could visit every brothel in Novograd, shag the countess in the Gwent tournament, Keira, Shani and that mad bird from Blood and Wine and neither Triss nor Yennefer would care. Try to shag both of them? Big no.

Also - after 20 hours of play (I know) I don't think this game is that good. The setting is cool but the combat is meh, the driving is awful, the AI is bad, the world is big but there's absolutely nothing in it other than missions. You can't get a haircut or a shave so despite the genre you can't change your character's appearance other than clothing. You can't interact with NPCs.
I'm still having fun with the story and learning the netrunning stuff but I am disappointed with how empty the game feels overall. Poor man's GTA so far.

There’s been a development from GiGi

IMG_5211.jpg

You'd like to think that guy's at it, but I bet there are people out there who actually feel that way.  Jesus Christ.

Honestly, it's sitting at a solid 6 out of 10.  Can't really disagree with anything GiGi said, to be honest.  I think the World feels alive enough that the fact you can't really do much under the surface doesn't affect much, but the combat is...well, it's utter guff isn't it?  I haven't seen a game so blatantly bullet spongey since the Division.  I'm on a mission where you meet a guy in a small office, and then have a gunfight with him.  I spent a good few minutes circling round a desk, emptying clip after clip into his face, and nothing.  Driving isn't particularly interesting.  The writing is about as subtle as the gunplay at times. 

Still, it's a good solid game that will likely improve.  Definitely doesn't have the charm the Witcher had though.  You can really tell they didn't have books and books worth of lore to lean on.

40 minutes ago, forameus said:

You'd like to think that guy's at it, but I bet there are people out there who actually feel that way.  Jesus Christ.

Honestly, it's sitting at a solid 6 out of 10.  Can't really disagree with anything GiGi said, to be honest.  I think the World feels alive enough that the fact you can't really do much under the surface doesn't affect much, but the combat is...well, it's utter guff isn't it?  I haven't seen a game so blatantly bullet spongey since the Division.  I'm on a mission where you meet a guy in a small office, and then have a gunfight with him.  I spent a good few minutes circling round a desk, emptying clip after clip into his face, and nothing.  Driving isn't particularly interesting.  The writing is about as subtle as the gunplay at times. 

Still, it's a good solid game that will likely improve.  Definitely doesn't have the charm the Witcher had though.  You can really tell they didn't have books and books worth of lore to lean on.

The thing is there's legions of good cyberpunk writing that they could've lifted from or referenced. I'm listening to Giant Bomb's reviews and that's the thing they've been most animated about, that the writing feels divorced from the last couple of decades of writing in the genre.

Edited by NotThePars