Cyberpunk 2077

Wardy

Played about an hour of it, was waiting for my ps4 pro to take off, play with headphones so wasn't as loud but can imagine if you don't could be a slight distraction, im sure red dead 2 did the same thing to my console. First impressions is it looks amazing, im a big fan of Deus ex and can see myself really enjoying this as well.

I've played about 3 hours there. It does look good, combat and netrunning look a wee bit complex but that might not be a bad thing.

I'm off the rest of the week (by accident really) so I'll get a good go at it. PS anyone playing on PC you'd be as well using a controller for the driving parts because that is janky as f**k.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Crashes on startup for me in steam. Great stuff. 

Tried drivers, verifying integrity etc. Now going for the reinstall. Busy this morning anyway but still ffs 😡 

I had to uninstall and start again on GOG last night, for whatever reason it tried to redownload the whole game when it patched and obviously didn't work. Managed to get it preloaded again in advance of midnight to have a go right enough.

Back on now see you in 18 hours.

Sounds like the bugs are pretty bad still, even with the update, and especially on the old PS4, which I have. I've bought, played and thoroughly enjoyed plenty of buggy games at launch, (new vegas, Fallout 4, Red Dead Redemption immediately spring to mind) but I had a lot more spare time then. I was really looking forward to this one, but I think it'll be better to wait a few months and pick it up next year. 

24 minutes ago, GAD said:

new vegas

I seen someone else comparing the launch of this to New Vegas but Obsidian had 18 months to make New Vegas lol and of course there's all those rumours that Bethesda hamstrung them which Josh Sawyer is still coy about.

Well, I never thought I'd play a game where I got to choose my character's chopper...

Played an hour or so, and not noticing too many issues.  A bit of texture pop-in at times, some floating objects, and one weird one where coming out of a cutscene, my guy starts running in a random direction.  Other than that, OK so far.

Outside of that, game looks pretty good so far, and has that familiar CDPR feel.  You can tell they've designed it similar to how they did Witcher 3 in terms of cutscenes and mechanics.  Haven't really got fully into combat or anything yet, but feels alright so far, if not quite as good as other FPS might be.  

I've had one random death so far and no clue what killed me. I hopped off a box and just died. Replayed that section and hopped off the same box and lived. Think it was a physics bug with a moveable object.

27 minutes ago, forameus said:

Well, I never thought I'd play a game where I got to choose my character's chopper...

Played an hour or so, and not noticing too many issues.  A bit of texture pop-in at times, some floating objects, and one weird one where coming out of a cutscene, my guy starts running in a random direction.  Other than that, OK so far.

Outside of that, game looks pretty good so far, and has that familiar CDPR feel.  You can tell they've designed it similar to how they did Witcher 3 in terms of cutscenes and mechanics.  Haven't really got fully into combat or anything yet, but feels alright so far, if not quite as good as other FPS might be.  

What console are you on? Mine is nearly done but obviously saw some of the very poor reviews and memes on Twitter for current gen consoles so I’m not expecting much. 😂🙏

Went for a kind of Fifth Element type of guy for my first play through.....went for nomad but I’ve came off as the bairn needs her tea so it’ll have to be when she goes to bed before I can get properly fired into it....

0A9D4992-14AD-46A6-8034-7CCEC9A00C30.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Went for a kind of Fifth Element type of guy for my first play through.....went for nomad but I’ve came off as the bairn needs her tea so it’ll have to be when she goes to bed before I can get properly fired into it....

0A9D4992-14AD-46A6-8034-7CCEC9A00C30.jpeg

Looks a bit like former Hull Stingray Jereme Tendler.

Managed to get mine working. Opening it using the exe rather than steam was the answer 

Only done the first tutorial mission thing and the combat tutorial but really enjoyed it. 

FYI went for normal sized boab (uncircumcised). Next playthrough I'll prob go a female character. Unsure about massive chebs or vinegar tits as yet. 

This really does seem in parts like a reskin of The Witcher in mechanics.  Not saying that's a bad thing, I loved that game, but just weird seeing stuff like the boxing fights basically being lifted (fight these guys, then when you win, fight the big guy) and the inventory being unchanged.  Guess if you don't like W3, you're a bit fucked.

The World though...I'm sure they said it would be a lot bigger vertically, so if I can access a lot of these high rise buildings, it looks absolutely amazing after just an hour or so.