No crowds?

1 hour ago, TheLad said:
6 hours ago, GordonS said:
The virological evidence is pretty overwhelming that it wasn't schools, it was holidays and hospitality. The timing is coincidental. Considering how densely packed schools are, spread in schools has been surprisingly small and the cases that have happened in schools have overwhelmingly been contracted outside school.
In any case, closing schools is - and was - massively disruptive and harmful to the education of kids who don't have good home circumstances. That's why schools never actually fully closed and some kids attended throughout. It's logical to have them among the very last things to close.
It's just obviously wrong to say decisions have been based on politics rather than science. All the decisions are based on science but it's not the sole consideration and they have to balance other things like the economy, education, exercise and mental health. Let's be honest, on the list of things that matters non-league football is very low. It's lower than hairdressers, which employs far, far more people. That said, there's absolutely no way I'd go for haircut just now. 

If you think opening things back over Xmas is based on science, rather than political, then you are off your head.

I think it's more people are going to do it anyway. Germany are going to have lockdown xmas. I'm sure that people wont obey it

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think it's more people are going to do it anyway. Germany are going to have lockdown xmas. I'm sure that people wont obey it

No to sure about not obeying it. The daughter works in Germany. Her boyfriend and her went to an Italian work mates house for a meal. Three couples. €280 fine each. Due to a neighbour sticking them in. 

4 hours ago, happy said:

I find this picture sad,funny,embarrassing,unnecessary and ridiculous.I wouldn't be surprised to see it about 11pm before the bells.

It looks like a complete set up.

P.S. Always maintain three points of contact and minimise the time spent on the ladder.

Screenshot_20201213-094615.jpg

There's folk sitting hadin hands in that stand. Ban them. 

Slowly but surely, more people are backing the idiots who go to watch BCD games, we all miss football but these nuts are extreme. Always make sure I'm dressed up warm, got my money and travel plans. Never thought of putting a ladder in my coat just in case. I shall book a flight, hotel, and demand to see games like a spoilt brat 😛

What about the good old Edinburgh city garage crew fair play to them. Am lucky enough am in a position to get in but al never judge someone outside for some local football is an escape from the rat race of life. If it makes ur weekend standing on the steps at ormi socially distanced of course seeing ormi score a last minute winner. Mental health is gaun to the next huge pandemic

20 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Slowly but surely, more people are backing the idiots who go to watch BCD games, we all miss football but these nuts are extreme. Always make sure I'm dressed up warm, got my money and travel plans. Never thought of putting a ladder in my coat just in case. I shall book a flight, hotel, and demand to see games like a spoilt brat 😛

You know, sometimes groundhoppers are viewed as pretty weird as well.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

You know, sometimes groundhoppers are viewed as pretty weird as well.

Quite happy to know that I'm not one of those annoying types, I look around the area's, enjoy a drink, watch the game and chat to the locals. Won't find a rucksack, camera,train timetable etc anywhere near me ! 

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

"Scottish football clubs will share a total of £1.35m thanks to a COVID support package announced today between the Scottish FA and The National Lottery.

The partnership will ensure that clubs in the Highland, Lowland, East, West and South of Scotland Football Leagues, will receive vital financial support on their recovery from the impact of COVID-19 - with many either unable to play competitive matches or unable to play in front of fans, depriving them of much-needed income."

No mention of the SPFL, Juniors or NCL. Finally some good news from the SFA for being in the non-league pyramid.

This is a sort of 'Barnett consequential' of National Lottery funding made available to tier 5 and below within English pyramid. It would average ~£9.5k each. Unclear if means no share of other £20M government grants.

Edited by HibeeJibee

STV report government cash... £20M Premiership loans/£10M lower-league grants... breaks-down:

Premiership      £1.67M loan each
Championship     £500k grant each
SPFL1     £150k grant each
SPFL2     £100k grant each
Lowland     £33k grant each
Highland     £33k grant each
(appears to leave £1.41M grants for others?)

Edited by HibeeJibee

Darvel official tweets:

East Premier/South/West Premier     £13.5k grant each
East First/West First     £7.5k grant each
(appears to leave £300k unallocated?)

Quite marked drop-off SPFL > HL/LL > EOSL/SOSL/WOSL, tbh.

SPFL2 clubs get 3 x what Highland/Lowland get, and 9 x what East/South/West get... Highland/Lowland clubs get 3 x what East/South/West get.

It'll be interesting to see how lottery money is allocated.

Edited by HibeeJibee

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Darvel official tweets:

East Premier/South/West Premier     £13.5k grant each
East First/West First     £7.5k grant each
(appears to leave £300k unallocated?)

Quite marked drop-off SPFL > HL/LL > EOSL/SOSL/WOSL, tbh.

SPFL2 clubs get 3 x what Highland/Lowland get, and 9 x what East/South/West get... Highland/Lowland clubs get 3 x what East/South/West get.

It'll be interesting to see how lottery money is allocated.

Apparently the lottery money is included in those figures.

12 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Apparently the lottery money is included in those figures.

Oh dear well that won't help even-up then.

So was that always part of original £20M (in which case £300k left makes sense as presumably covers juniors/womens)... or is there £1.65M left?

30 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

May not be the greatest amount, but at least the grants are better than loans - spfl clubs maybe able to repay in the near future, non league clubs probably just need help at the moment. Hope fans can get to see this season end, get back into the grounds.

Could foresee the increments raising eyebrows as it seems Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh City etc. will get £100,000 each... Kelty Hearts, Bo'ness United etc. £33,000 each... Hill of Beath Hawthorn, Linlithgow Rose etc. £13,500 each... which is quite pronounced.

Of course any flat-figure model leaves great disparities within divisions too... compare crowds at Hearts or Alloa... East Stirlingshire or Caledonian Braves... Tranent or Inverkeithing... etc.

Edited by HibeeJibee