No crowds?

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The majority of smaller clubs are just going to pocket money from the Scottish Cup from being excluded. It's probably easier for them going into abeyance/non playing membership for a year as well.

Yes I read an interview with Steven Gerrard saying he believes the bigger clubs should paying for the testing and helping out the smaller clubs. Fully agree with him, to retain the integrity of the cup for starters as there’s a feeling that some lower league clubs will be forced into forfeiting their ties due to being unable to afford the testing.

Edited by 8MileBU

Yes I read an interview with Steven Gerrard saying he believes the bigger clubs should paying for the testing and helping out the smaller clubs. Fully agree with him, to retain the integrity of the cup for starters as there’s a feeling that some lower league clubs will be forced into forfeiting their ties due to being unable to afford the testing.
Most of the so called bigger clubs aren't awash with money either. Stevie G, isn't an authority on finances of Scottish football.

The real problem in my opinion is the lack of worthwhile information, being shared.

I know how to renew my season ticket, I know the fixtures, yet I haven't the foggiest when either will be of any use to me.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Most of the so called bigger clubs aren't awash with money either. Stevie G, isn't an authority on finances of Scottish football.

The real problem in my opinion is the lack of worthwhile information, being shared.

I know how to renew my season ticket, I know the fixtures, yet I haven't the foggiest when either will be of any use to me.

I know most aren’t flush with money but obviously where it’s feasible to do so, I believe it should be the way to go to support the smaller clubs and avoid any potential forfeiting of matches.

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I've been at a few northern league matches and being out in the open mask wearing fans were few and far between.

You might need to do something about that rage if you fancy a match and spectating be allowed back at non league grounds in Scotland. 

My solution is simple. I'll just not go to games if I think there will be widespread non-mask wearing..

On 20/09/2020 at 09:04, Andy groundhopper said:

Correct,loads of games down south yesterday, South Shields getting the maximum 600 at their game,brilliant.  Seeing as clubs need fans and players probably need football's wages - I'm surprised the clubs haven't been kicking and screaming to restart. Once they've played 4 friendlies safely,the October restart gets more positive.

Was there really 600 at South Shields on Saturday? It's just there's a reported outbreak in the NE of England which caused the Spittal Rovers game I was going to attend to be played behind closed doors (or as closed as it can be given they play on a public park. .)

There's not much joined up thinking going on if that's true.

5 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Yeah going by the Non League Paper there were quite a few maximum attendances on Saturday. Just sums up the mixed up messages from the government, games in the Northern League were played but not sure if fans were allowed. Wonder how many clubs will now go under before season end ?

Yes there were Northern League games played with fans in and still will be. Tonight's games are all allowing spectators. It's the National League and above as far as I'm aware that cannot have fans. 

Screenshot_20200922-171021_Twitter.jpg

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Was there really 600 at South Shields on Saturday? It's just there's a reported outbreak in the NE of England which caused the Spittal Rovers game I was going to attend to be played behind closed doors (or as closed as it can be given they play on a public park. .)

There's not much joined up thinking going on if that's true.

Yes there was an attendance of 600 at Shields on Saturday less than 1/3 their average attendance. All Covid measures in place. 

They did however have a youth cup tie postponed last night as some of their opponents were having to self isolate.

Screenshot_20200922-171501_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200922-171518_Twitter.jpg

Edited by newcastle broon

18 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Good luck to the Mariners then, spent 3 months in South Shields, love the area,watched them at Peterlee among a smaller attendance !

I cant believe how their fortunes have changed,no ground and very small attendances at Peterlee to an average of 1800 last season with around 2600 in attendance tops. 

13 minutes ago, ormistonforever said:

A lot of the smaller clubs have managed to run for years with no supporters. Im sure if teams asked players to not take any wages or risk not playing any football for a year most would do it. Yes facilities need paid for but im sure all teams would manage that. It all comes down to do players want to play or not!

Possibly but struggling to see the point if there is no one watching. 

On 23/09/2020 at 13:07, RedLichty said:

It's going to be interesting to see the next steps in the EoSFL and similar.  Many of the clubs will be unable to operate without any match day revenue.  Is there any meeting our announcement signposted?

Cant see the leagues starting on the current basis - asking players to turn up kitted out ready to go - no changing facilities or showeres.....yeah that will be great when its pishing wi rain and blowing a gale.

A lot of the smaller clubs have managed to run for years with no supporters. Im sure if teams asked players to not take any wages or risk not playing any football for a year most would do it. Yes facilities need paid for but im sure all teams would manage that. It all comes down to do players want to play or not!
That maybe true for small clubs but not for all. Some clubs and partnership organisations have made significant investment in grounds recently with a view to gaining SFA licences and potential promotion in to the Lowland League. Loans to facilitate the upgrading will have to be repaid.
I'm also pretty sure that a good number of players will find other things to do if they don't get paid. I accept some will do it for the love of the game but not all. Especially if they then have to drive home in their soaking kit in January.