No crowds?

Anti football government couldn't give a toss tbh, looks like they're all wearing masks and socially distanced. I could understand if people weren't allowed into pubs, shops, this is why people are getting angry. If people are sensible I'm sure up to 300+ can be workable around the grounds. Trouble is,just 1 positive at a game and the rulers go berserk. 

To be fair they talk a good game, pre book tickets, temp check on entrance & must wear a mask.

But the reality is everyone doing what they want with no stewarding or any pretence of social distancing.

Can't believe football crowds at our level couldn't be organised better than this.

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Anti football government couldn't give a toss tbh, looks like they're all wearing masks and socially distanced. I could understand if people weren't allowed into pubs, shops, this is why people are getting angry. If people are sensible I'm sure up to 300+ can be workable around the grounds. Trouble is,just 1 positive at a game and the rulers go berserk. 

As far as I can see most people in the photos above are not wearing masks. I would be raging at such non-mask wearers putting me and others at risk  if that happened at a football match I went to  in the next few months.

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

This is just a persecution complex. Why would the government be "anti-football"?

I think it’s a fair point, but I believe that the government are anti-football fan as opposed to anti football. I can understand that stance to some extent given the probability of football fans in big numbers being unable to behave themselves. However it’s an absolute nonsense in the lower leagues or non-league level especially when there are means of controlling the numbers if they’re worried about the potential for a mass of bored neutrals showing up.

11 hours ago, rockson said:

As far as I can see most people in the photos above are not wearing masks. I would be raging at such non-mask wearers putting me and others at risk  if that happened at a football match I went to  in the next few months.

I've been at a few northern league matches and being out in the open mask wearing fans were few and far between.

You might need to do something about that rage if you fancy a match and spectating be allowed back at non league grounds in Scotland. 

Possible that the government are anti football fan then, haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory lately - thanks Leeds,Liverpool, yesterday Sunderland fans were at Oxford I believe, just stay away please. Haven't seen any mask wearing at the games I've seen so far-apart from myself, most fans acting like normal. Maybe that's why we are getting a hard time from those above ?

A lot of blame directed at the government on this, but for me the blame lies with the JRG and also the club's themselves. Nicola Sturgeon has enough on her plate just now, without worrying about whether there should or should not be crowds at this level of football (I doubt she's even aware of its existence).

The JRG, and even more so, the clubs should be lobbying loudly and using social media to create a stir - Basically following the example that was set by clubs at a similar level down south.

If I recall correctly, it was actually a mistake when clubs down south initially weren't letting fans in. I'd be willing to bet it's the same up here. If clubs want fans back they should screaming and shouting for it.

Correct,loads of games down south yesterday, South Shields getting the maximum 600 at their game,brilliant.  Seeing as clubs need fans and players probably need football's wages - I'm surprised the clubs haven't been kicking and screaming to restart. Once they've played 4 friendlies safely,the October restart gets more positive.

11 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Correct,loads of games down south yesterday, South Shields getting the maximum 600 at their game,brilliant.  Seeing as clubs need fans and players probably need football's wages - I'm surprised the clubs haven't been kicking and screaming to restart. Once they've played 4 friendlies safely,the October restart gets more positive.

Brilliant for the 600 aye but their average attendance last season was 3 times that. 

A lot of disappointments I'd imagine though the club did stream the match.

This is where its gonnae hit the bigger clubs. 

It's a farce nobody can watch an EOSFL match where only a certain amount of fans are allowed in and would easily social distance but what about the other bigger clubs that have season ticket holders that are greater than the capacity allowed ?

20 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Possible that the government are anti football fan then, haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory lately - thanks Leeds,Liverpool, yesterday Sunderland fans were at Oxford I believe, just stay away please. Haven't seen any mask wearing at the games I've seen so far-apart from myself, most fans acting like normal. Maybe that's why we are getting a hard time from those above ?

As alluded to in my previous post on this thread, I believe “anti-football-fan” to be the government stance. Now as much as the government are a bunch of thick, incompetent morons who should be tried, found guilty and jailed for gross negligence; Deep down I think we’ve all known this whole time that large groups of football fans just simply cannot be trusted to comply with rules and behave, so I don’t blame the government in that respect. Away from football I am fairly confident a lot of those still showing up at games will be behaving irresponsibly and spreading the covid elsewhere too. 

43 minutes ago, Steven W said:

A lot of blame directed at the government on this, but for me the blame lies with the JRG and also the club's themselves. Nicola Sturgeon has enough on her plate just now, without worrying about whether there should or should not be crowds at this level of football (I doubt she's even aware of its existence).

The JRG, and even more so, the clubs should be lobbying loudly and using social media to create a stir - Basically following the example that was set by clubs at a similar level down south.

If I recall correctly, it was actually a mistake when clubs down south initially weren't letting fans in. I'd be willing to bet it's the same up here. If clubs want fans back they should screaming and shouting for it.

Agreed and the longer they’re not letting fans in the quicker the likelihood of smaller clubs going into the red or even bust. Yesterday I seen them talking about the costs of covid tests for those smaller clubs who’ll have Scottish Cup games. £4K I think was the figure mentioned to get a squad tested. Some smaller clubs would be needing a few weeks of gate money to pay those sort of testing costs just to play 1 match. 

Edited by 8MileBU

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Agreed and the longer they’re not letting fans in the quicker the likelihood of smaller clubs going into the red or even bust. Yesterday I seen them talking about the costs of covid tests for those smaller clubs who’ll have Scottish Cup games. £4K I think was the figure mentioned to get a squad tested. Some smaller clubs would be needing a few weeks of gate money to pay those sort of testing costs just to play 1 match. 

The majority of smaller clubs are just going to pocket money from the Scottish Cup from being excluded. It's probably easier for them going into abeyance/non playing membership for a year as well.