Dons v Well (Sunday 20/9 3pm)

Fair play to Campbell, he had a fantastic game yesterday, but suggesting he's 'above and beyond' Ferguson is absolute nonsense. Ferguson had a poor game yesterday, but has had plenty of games where he's been every bit as dominant as Campbell was yesterday. Both are about equal in ability, and both have great potential.

Any time I’ve seen them play for Scotland under 21s, Campbell has looked the better player. Both will have fine careers.

12 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure he did yesterday tbf.

It was the same shape as usual with Hoban/Mckenna enforced changes and another one or two changes to freshen up from Thursday. As well as the back 3 it's a little concerning Logan/Hernandez aren't trusted at RWB. With Kennedy injured that seems to be a problem with both McCrorie and Mcginn having failed there now.

I think Logan would do well in the back 3. Decent enough defender/ man marker and can step out from the back and play a decent pass.

For right wing back Hernandez or McLennan both candidates if Kennedy out, but never Mcginn. Too old and nowhere near the running power for that position.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Ferguson was effectively left in central midfield by himself yesterday, in an utterly hopeless situation. Campbell was just part of a Motherwell midfield that overran us and dominated for 90 minutes. 

Ferguson and McCrorie together in central midfield is a different animal. 

McCrorie was in midfield for the entire second half. Couldn't get a touch of the ball because he was marked out the game by Liam Polworth.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

McCrorie was in midfield for the entire second half. Couldn't get a touch of the ball because he was marked out the game by Liam Polworth.

Motherwell played well and we were a beaten team from very early on. 

I'm not trying to argue against someone as obviously excited as yourself.  I'm looking at things from an Aberdeen point of view and simply working out what we could do better next time. 

I'm sure you'll also do that in a week or two when it goes wrong for you and Campbell and Polworth are outplayed by whoever is in the Hamilton/Killie/St Mirren midfield. 

Motherwell played well and we were a beaten team from very early on. 
I'm not trying to argue against someone as obviously excited as yourself.  I'm looking at things from an Aberdeen point of view and simply working out what we could do better next time. 
I'm sure you'll also do that in a week or two when it goes wrong for you and Campbell and Polworth are outplayed by whoever is in the Hamilton/Killie/St Mirren midfield. 
Yup. I think the team seemed shell shocked when the pen was giving in the first few minutes.

They just looked deflated.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

That navy thing?

Not a patch on their away strip from last year.

I believe its "Petrol Blue" officially. 

Or, as Billy Dodds put it on Red TV the other day, dark green... 

I picked up an away shirt a few weeks ago and was surprised at how ‘green’ the colour is in the flesh compared to the online images. I don’t think I’d go as far to call it dark green though.

It’s definitely a different shade from the petrol blue shirt we had a during the Higdon season.

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 hours ago, Desp said:

I believe its "Petrol Blue" officially. 

Or, as Billy Dodds put it on Red TV the other day, dark green... 

The missus went for teal. 

On 22/09/2020 at 16:31, Busta Nut said:

Allan Campbell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ferguson/That minter McCann the Farming Saints always go on about.

I agree. Although I strongly believe McCrorie (when played in midfield) is just as good as Allan Campbell.

Just watched your match today against The Rangers and Campbell was poor. Would be interesting to see how he'd do with better players around him.

Edited by HarleyQuinn