Dons v Well (Sunday 20/9 3pm)

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

McCrorie is a superb young midfielder. He is not a centre-back. He is definitely not a right back

I agree with this bit from what I have seen, but.........iirc........when he was signed (and one of the reasons we were also interested) was that he was apparently also able to play as a right centre back?

Anyway, what a great result for Motherwell, that one result really lifts them right out of the shite.

Let’s hope the tinkering pays off on Thursday for the Sporting match. If so this match will be forgotten fast. The risk is a loss of confidence going into that game. Will be interesting to see how Aberdeen and Motherwell fair after this. They opted for the more settled team, which clearly worked today.

34 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I agree with this bit from what I have seen, but.........iirc........when he was signed (and one of the reasons we were also interested) was that he was apparently also able to play as a right centre back?

Anyway, what a great result for Motherwell, that one result really lifts them right out of the shite.

His first game in midfield was against you guys. The previous games he was RCB.

How can Motherwell’s third not be offside? The guy was standing in front of Lewis.

At least Considine was slightly to the side of the Viking keeper on Thursday.

Not intended as sour grapes- we were absolutely horsed by a better side today - more a technical query on the rules, which Beaton was happy to apply with the penalty award.

Guest Bob Mahelp
17 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Let’s hope the tinkering pays off on Thursday for the Sporting match. If so this match will be forgotten fast. The risk is a loss of confidence going into that game. Will be interesting to see how Aberdeen and Motherwell fair after this. They opted for the more settled team, which clearly worked today.

I think that it's fairly obvious that our success with this 3-5-1-1 system was totally dependent on the players we had available. McKenna, Hoban and Kennedy were comfortable with it. 

Taylor, Ojo and McGinn, not so much.

Today was a massive warning that, despite having a much stronger squad than we've had in the last few years, poor team selection combined with poor tactical set up....AKA McInnes fucking up big time.....can come along and kick us in the nuts.

Suddenly, Thursday doesn't look like so much fun after all. 

11 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

How can Motherwell’s third not be offside? The guy was standing in front of Lewis.

You can't be offside from a corner unless there's a pass after the corner is taken. In this case the first contact was a shot, so no offside.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Have you paid for any away games?

Apart from the Viking match, which I did pay for, all our away matches have been on Sky. I will be paying for our match in Dingwall next Sunday and I will be paying for all the away matches that I can. Can you tell me if those nice people at Celtic Park will allow me to give their club money so that I can watch our match there?

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

One positive from this afternoon is that i had in my head the game started at 4 and saw the score before investing in ppv. I bought the kids Fall Guys instead. 

isn't tht free?

Motherwell played very well and deserved the three points. Aberdeen just went into self destruct mode in the opening 20 mins. 

I've seen Campbell a few times now and he is above and beyond Ferguson, McCann, and the other young players currently in Scotland. Turnbull is another talent that is more akin to the days of Jess etc. Proper footballers. Celtic would be mad not to sign Campbell as a replacement for Scott Brown. This kid has some engine on him. He just completely dominated Ojo and Ferguson at the same time. He might have played for the opposition but he's a joy to watch.

Motherwell are a decent side I've no idea why they have been so poor in recent months.

So frustrating as an Aberdeen fan. Far too many regulars didn't start and it led to our downfall today. McKenna, Kennedy, McCrorie in midfield from the start, etc. would have been a completely different game.

McInnes' Aberdeen sides have been on the receiving end of a few 3-0 loses to Motherwell. 

Move on and beat them next time round.

Bit of an embarrassing display this afternoon but all credit has to go to Motherwell for that. Long and Watt really spooked our back three and Campbell just bitch slapped Ferguson about the place today. A classy player who should go a long way in the game.

As for us, a shambles. Ojo is an absolute waste of space, Taylor was back to the Taylor we saw at times in his first spell with us and McInnes needs to keep McCrorie in the middle of midfield. Lewis had a terrible display today but not many came out with much credit. Hopefully a bad day but who knows.

With McKenna going, Hoban looks our only really good quality centre back, Considine is alright, Taylor and Devlin are shaky. Making a quality back three has got a whole lot harder.

I think I read earlier on here someone saying that a number of the top 10 worst McInnes era performances would come against Robinson's Motherwell and I absolutely concur with that comment. Motherwell know how to play us and get at us.

The correct result today, absolutely no complaints and fair play to Motherwell.

9 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Bit of an embarrassing display this afternoon but all credit has to go to Motherwell for that. Long and Watt really spooked our back three and Campbell just bitch slapped Ferguson about the place today. A classy player who should go a long way in the game.

As for us, a shambles. Ojo is an absolute waste of space, Taylor was back to the Taylor we saw at times in his first spell with us and McInnes needs to keep McCrorie in the middle of midfield. Lewis had a terrible display today but not many came out with much credit. Hopefully a bad day but who knows.

With McKenna going, Hoban looks our only really good quality centre back, Considine is alright, Taylor and Devlin are shaky. Making a quality back three has got a whole lot harder.

I think I read earlier on here someone saying that a number of the top 10 worst McInnes era performances would come against Robinson's Motherwell and I absolutely concur with that comment. Motherwell know how to play us and get at us.

The correct result today, absolutely no complaints and fair play to Motherwell.

I think it was a result that had both sets of fans scratching their heads. 

We always felt we had a strong squad but results have just not been there.  To be fair we have deserved more points in games v Hamilton, Ross County as well as possible Hibs and DDee Utd. In all those games we dominated possession. In the two league games we have won we have been dominated possession wise. Hopefully we can kick on but Rangers at home next on the back of their draws Hibs and with our record probably means nil points. 

As for Campbell. I think most Well fans wonder why there has been little interest in him. Arguably he is as important to our Team than Turnbull was. He is just unspectacular and that is probably why. He has started to add goals to his game and that is what has been missing, I would be surprised if we got to the end of the transfer window without one or two speculative bids. Losing him would be a body blow. But the good news is we have banked nearly £4-£5m this year in transfers so can hold out. Hope he does a Turnbull and signs for another year to give us some extra protection. 

Still expect Aberdeen to finish 3rd with the squad you have. 

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

You are spot on. I never noticed that at the time, a bit like the referee and linesman, but 100% offside. Probably wouldn’t have affected the final result, but that doesn’t make it the correct decision.