Dons v Well (Sunday 20/9 3pm)

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm a Scottish football fan.

No glad I didn't, paid £12 to St Mirren on Wednesday,if performances counted Aberdeen would be at the bottom.

If clubs budgets counted, Celtic would win every match against Scottish opposition.

Football, eh? After watching that turgid mess over in Norn Irn midweek I wouldn't have put money on them getting past Aberdeen today. Didn't watch the game but that's a stinker/brilliant result depending which side of the fence you are on.

2 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Have Aberdeen, or any other club, released any figures for PPV punters?

I have never seen any figures, but it would be interesting to know how many non season ticket holders are paying for each match in the league. Interesting for me anyway.

1. We are not good enough to rotate that many players. As tempting as it obviously is with Sporting coming up, the league is our bread and butter.
  2. I feel like I've been saying this for more than half a decade (because I have); Ash Taylor is pish.
  3. McCrorie is a superb young midfielder. He is not a centre-back. He is definitely not a right back.
  4. McKenna is worth more to us than a transfer fee.
  5. Credit to Motherwell who took the gifts we gave them with both hands, and then managed the game well after that.
  6. The club should move heaven and earth to get Tommie Hoban fully fit and tied down to a long term contract.

14 minutes ago, Illgresi said:
  1. We are not good enough to rotate that many players. As tempting as it obviously is with Sporting coming up, the league is our bread and butter

That's an interesting one - I expected after 120 mins on a ploughed field on Thursday and trip to Israel this week that we'd make all sorts of changes - but it was surprising (and good) that we kept it to a minimum. Given the run Aberdeen have been on - I thought McInnes would have been tempted to keep things going as it's early in the season and fitness shouldn't be an issue...

26 minutes ago, Illgresi said:
  2. McCrorie is a superb young midfielder. He is not a centre-back. He is definitely not a right back.

Do not tell Steve Clarke !

Good luck against Sporting Lisbon. Be aware a newly promoted Ryan Gauld inspired team have just beaten them

He has to be in the next international squad as well

Guest Bob Mahelp

!00% on the back of McInnes this one. 

Too busy with the fucking tombola, and too desperate (as always) to fit a square peg in a round hole. Get the madness of playing McCrorie at right back to f**k...especially when we have 2 right backs sitting on the bench.

McGinn playing in some kind of deep lying right midfielder was simply a waste of a player. Ojo offers us nothing...was he supposed to be replacing McCrorie in midfield ? Honestly, f**k knows. 

And Lewis managed to have his worst game since that chaos at Fir Park 2 years ago. 

I don't mean any disrespect to Motherwell in saying that you didn't have to do anything special in the slightest to win that game easily. We were truly awful. Robinson seems to be new Tommy Wright when it comes to outsmarting McInnes at Pittodrie....although in all honesty, a 5 year old would have outsmarted him today.,