Dons v Well (Sunday 20/9 3pm)

Excellent result and performance. 

Looking at the team beforehand it looked decent. We just have not been clicking but we knew we had a decent enough squad. 

I actually think if McKenna starts and Campbell does not then we are looking at a different result. 

Gives us hope for midweek but expect a much tougher test v Hapoel Beer Sheva. And after seeing this result they will sadly not take us lightly  !

Edited by welldaft

Lovely Stuff.

Not been a big fan of the 352 but one of the real advantages of it is getting 2 strikers on the park and today, the Long/Watt partnership worked a treat. Watt was superb at dropping in and taking the ball into feet while Long's pace and movement caused them all sorts of problems. 

The goals were soft from Aberdeen's point of view but as a team we looked sharper, played with more energy/better tempo and Watkins header aside, never gave them a sniff of goal. Much better from the midfield today as well with Allan Campbell head and shoulder above everybody else on the park. Also delighted for Big Bevis to bounce back after Thursday with a goal.

So yeah, well done 'Well and much more of that please.

Well, that was dire.

Motherwell, to take nothing away from them, didn't have to work for their goals - a penalty and two Lewis errors. 

If we want to play three at the back with some regularity with McKenna going and Hoban at risk of breaking down, we need at least one centre-back to come in. 

Campbell was excellent for Motherwell. He dominated Ferguson and, not for the first time, Ojo was an empty jersey who could easily have been hooked before half-time.

Watkins, as much as I've liked several aspects of his game since arriving, showed today that he just isn't a natural goalscorer - some really inviting crosses in the first half from Hayes that a 'proper' centre-forward would have been attacking, then hit the post with a header from Considine's cross that he really had to score. 

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Don't watch it then. 

I'm a Scottish football fan.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Presume that you didn’t pay the £12.99 to AFC for this, so what are you complaining about?

No glad I didn't, paid £12 to St Mirren on Wednesday,if performances counted Aberdeen would be at the bottom.