Kil v Ham

5 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

It all just seems surreal to me, if we don't all get back soon I fear for a lot of teams pretty soon. Every game seems a bit meh at the moment.

Totally.

I'd have been going to this. Train down to Ayrshire on a nice sunny day, couple of pints in Fannys, off to the game, pie at half time, maybe Burns or Monty post match. Good laugh with the Killie guys.  Forgotten the score by 8 o'clock 😆

6 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

It all just seems surreal to me, if we don't all get back soon I fear for a lot of teams pretty soon. Every game seems a bit meh at the moment.

Appreciate it's probably not the thread for this as I'm not overly interested in either team, but it's the first time I've seen anyone say it. Are we looking at a terminal issue here?

My lad, a young but passionate fan before lockdown, has now stopped watching streams on a Saturday. Still loves playing but the ritual and  human experience of going to the match is fading away. The bonding that came from going to games together, and with friends, is being lost for the younger generation. No-crowd TV football is shite and the emotional connection will soon start to become a distant memory and other interests will take over. It's a 'spectator sport' for a reason. Football needs crowds, and needs them back soon.

Alternatively, it could be a renaissance for localism and people might re-connect with their closest clubs. Possibly. 

I've not minded watching Accies games this season from a footballing perspective, but the emotional attachment is definitely minimal, especially considering I've watched the majority of them on a laptop in a room by myself (I'm sure there's a seedy joke in there).

I've really not liked watching BCD games on TV - it just doesn't seem like it matters.

12 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Appreciate it's probably not the thread for this as I'm not overly interested in either team, but it's the first time I've seen anyone say it. Are we looking at a terminal issue here?

My lad, a young but passionate fan before lockdown, has now stopped watching streams on a Saturday. Still loves playing but the ritual and  human experience of going to the match is fading away. The bonding that came from going to games together, and with friends, is being lost for the younger generation. No-crowd TV football is shite and the emotional connection will soon start to become a distant memory and other interests will take over. It's a 'spectator sport' for a reason. Football needs crowds, and needs them back soon.

Alternatively, it could be a renaissance for localism and people might re-connect with their closest clubs. Possibly. 

Hopefully would lead to that, the sad reality however is that indoctrination from seething bitter parents & other relatives from older generations will ensure that the 17th century grudges will perpetuate and they will continue to support hating theyum rather than just enjoying a game of football like us normal types. Enjoying is doing a lot of heavy lifting there I admit.

I'd bring McMann in for Munro and probably change formation as I'm worried about Killie's threat from wide (especially the right).

We were pretty awful tactically last time out v Killie who really exposed our 4-4-2, so hopefully Rice has learned his lesson.

Callachan could just be injured who knows since Rice claimed he’d be missing 8 (eight) players for today. By my count:-

Easton, Smith, Hodson, Callachan, Munro, Meikel...

Honestly never thought I’d be disappointed Callachan would be out when we signed him.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I'd bring McMann in for Munro and probably change formation as I'm worried about Killie's threat from wide (especially the right).

Kiltie from the left has been more of a threat in the last few games, he's been in great form.....

Kiltie from the left has been more of a threat in the last few games, he's been in great form.....
I assumed Burke and the (according to craigkillie on The Terrace) now-good Millen would be the biggest threat, so it's sad to hear there's more to worry about.