The "I Forgot He Played For Us" Championship Edition

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm aware of how it was reported. It never the less wasn't one. Dunfermline needed to use (or were trying to negotiate) a loan elsewhere and couldn't take Lyle on loan. He was released to sign for them on the gentleman's agreement that he would return to QoS if it didn't work out. Which all parties honoured when it duly didn't.

I stand corrected!  I guess that means that Lyle technically had 4 spells with us then?  The initial loan from Partick and then three as a permanently signed player.   I would doubt any other player has done that for Queens... unless Jamie Adams?

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

According to soccerbase he played in the Ayr Utd 4-3 game in the cup and in the next round against Killie.

I don't remember him at all but I do remember that Killie game - Killie 'scored' in the first half with a ball that hit the bar bounced about a metre over the line and then bounced out again!

20 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I stand corrected!  I guess that means that Lyle technically had 4 spells with us then?  The initial loan from Partick and then three as a permanently signed player.   I would doubt any other player has done that for Queens... unless Jamie Adams?

Lyle had technically 4 different spells with us, yes.

Jamie Adams had 4 different loan spells with us too so was with us 4 times without ever being employed by us.

Lee Robinson has also had 4 different spells with us. He was on loan from Rangers 2nd half of the 08-09 season then joined us on a 6 month contract a year later in the summer of 2010 under Brannigan to cover for the injured Roddy McKenzie. Unable to afford to keep him in January 2011 he left the club. He joined us again in August 2011 when Gus MacPherson brought him back and he stayed until the 2013 double win under Johnston before heading to Sweden. Spell 4 arrived when Gavin Skelton re-signed him in the summer of 2016.

• 3 weeks later...