The "I Forgot He Played For Us" Championship Edition

Simon Wiles.

Absolutely class but injury cut short what would have been a terrific Pars career.

Antoine Curier. Hard to believe the same guy at Hamilton who was riding it high fell so low in League One.

Think Iain Turner was mentioned. Fucking shite bag of a keeper.

And some more I'd forgotten!

Stuart Duff - Came in on loan initially for a while in Division One, then rejoined permanently the following year.  Was reasonable if unspectacular and told Butcher he'd sign a new deal when he returned from holiday in 2011.  He never did.

Brian Kerr - One of Butcher's first signings in our first relegation season.  When we were relegated he joined our main promotion rivals Dundee.  We were promoted and he wasn't!

Zak Elbouzedi - Looked amazing in his first appearance as a trialist against Forres and signed a two year before getting a bad injury.  He's now at Lincoln City in League One.

Jason Oswell - Striker signed in 2012.  Looked good in pre-season and scored a cracking goal against Coventry.  Never broke into the team and then ended up playing in Wales and Australia.  Recently joined Telford from Wrexham. 

Toby Adgestein - Norwegian striker who joined from Brighton and was rumoured to have been signed because Curtis Allen was so poor.  All his appearances were off the bench.  Played back in Norway ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at Shamrock Rovers recently with them playing AC Milan and thought their manager's name, Stephen Bradley, was ringing a bell for me. He was on loan at Dunfermline during a season I would have been at certainly every home game and most away games but can't for the life of me remember him.

Paul Fenwick was another when he was playing regularly for Hibs that I didn't put it together that he was the same guy that was at Dunfermline in the 90s.

David Graham played for The Caley on loan from Dundermline in 00-01  Not sure how he did for Dunfermline but he then had a long career in England playing for the likes of Wigan Athletic and Sheffield Wednesday. Think all his games for us were away from home.  I remember him signing but don't remember seeing him play.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Graham_(footballer,_born_1978

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

David Graham played for The Caley on loan from Dundermline in 00-01  Not sure how he did for Dunfermline but he then had a long career in England playing for the likes of Wigan Athletic and Sheffield Wednesday. Think all his games for us were away from home.  I remember him signing but don't remember seeing him play.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Graham_(footballer,_born_1978

According to soccerbase he played in the Ayr Utd 4-3 game in the cup and in the next round against Killie.

30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
32 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
Derek Lyle, Jamie Langfield, Ged Brannan.

The first two I believe never even played for the first team. Definitely not Langfield.

I think you're right about Lyle not playing for you.  He was only with you for a couple of months on loan from us in the Iain Scott era (2004ish) IIRC.  Scott preferred to use goal machines David McNiven, Chris Armstrong and Emilio Jaconelli before it dawned on him that Lyle was a better bet for goals.

I think you're right about Lyle not playing for you.  He was only with you for a couple of months on loan from us in the Iain Scott era (2004ish) IIRC.  Scott preferred to use goal machines David McNiven, Chris Armstrong and Emilio Jaconelli before it dawned on him that Lyle was a better bet for goals.
It was one of the most bizarre loans ever. A striker from the league below whilst we still had a few talented front men.

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
6 hours ago, Slipmat said:

It was one of the most bizarre loans ever. A striker from the league below whilst we still had a few talented front men.

It wasn't a loan. And it wasn't done by Iain Scott's choice either. Lyle was offered the chance of a premier league contract and was desperate to go so a deal was worked out that allowed him to go with QoS having first refusal at bringing him back at Scott's insistence. I don't think he did ever play for Dunfermline. He was on the bench but never got on I think. After a few months he realised he'd rather be playing and returned to us.

It wasn't a loan. And it wasn't done by Iain Scott's choice either. Lyle was offered the chance of a premier league contract and was desperate to go so a deal was worked out that allowed him to go with QoS having first refusal at bringing him back at Scott's insistence. I don't think he did ever play for Dunfermline. He was on the bench but never got on I think. After a few months he realised he'd rather be playing and returned to us.
I'm 90%sure it was reported as a loan. If I have time tomorrow I'll do some digging.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:
5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm 90%sure it was reported as a loan. If I have time tomorrow I'll do some digging.

I'm aware of how it was reported. It never the less wasn't one. Dunfermline needed to use (or were trying to negotiate) a loan elsewhere and couldn't take Lyle on loan. He was released to sign for them on the gentleman's agreement that he would return to QoS if it didn't work out. Which all parties honoured when it duly didn't.

I'm aware of how it was reported. It never the less wasn't one. Dunfermline needed to use (or were trying to negotiate) a loan elsewhere and couldn't take Lyle on loan. He was released to sign for them on the gentleman's agreement that he would return to QoS if it didn't work out. Which all parties honoured when it duly didn't.
I wouldn't have wanted to play for Kirkwood and Hegarty either.