The "I Forgot He Played For Us" Championship Edition

33 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Shields was released by Hibs because he was shite  and did an awful lot wrong with us to the extent that he was punted in January.

I always remember him as "meh". Tackled a bit, passed the ball a bit, ran about a bit... beige AF. Like a short Kevin McCann.

I've seen too many players who have dragged an entire team around them down to their pub league abilities at Morton to lump him with the types of Cham, Kelbie or Ramsbottom

1 hour ago, Oats said:

I take all your ICTFC players mentioned and raise you Paul Bradshaw , total nutjob, did he not turn down Coventry to sign on ? 

He did OK in the couple of games that he played but if Steve Paterson releases you for being unprofessional you really need to re-examine your life.  I'm not sure if it was Coventry or Celtic but he left a trial with them to go back to sign on, that's the story I recall.  I'm sure as well he was released by a Highland League club for turning up to his little brothers school and punching a child that his brother had a fight with.

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Remembered all of the names mentioned in your OG post (maybe not in as much detail) but I had completely forgotten about this guy! Felt like he played more than just once but as you say he just featured in the one match against Arbroath.

I remember that game quite well as I'm sure there was a major scuffle between the fans in the new "signing section" and the stewards (who went in like Navy Seals).  We were crying out for a dominant centre-back following the departure of Dods and Watt did seem to fit that mould.  Then we never saw him again, with Brewster preferring the godawful Phil McGuire for some reason.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

He did OK in the couple of games that he played but if Steve Paterson releases you for being unprofessional you really need to re-examine your life.  I'm not sure if it was Coventry or Celtic but he left a trial with them to go back to sign on, that's the story I recall.  I'm sure as well he was released by a Highland League club for turning up to his little brothers school and punching a child that his brother had a fight with.

Aye thats the one, i was at one of the games he played for us he looked decent, but obviously a total and utter headbanger

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

Arthur Albiston played once for Ayr. I could have sworn Steve Archibald played a game for us as well (at Firhill?) but I can't find any proof . Perhaps I imagined it!

That's true. Archibald played once for us (possibly as a trialist?) in the early 90s.

Guest Wieghortsnut

Clayton Ince. Big Trinidadian goalkeeper dundee got on loan from Crewe. Dont think he even played a game. Had more caps than Shaka Hislop at the time iirc

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I always remember him as "meh". Tackled a bit, passed the ball a bit, ran about a bit... beige AF. Like a short Kevin McCann.

Kevin McCann was another for us I forgot.  Came on loan and scored an absolute rocket against Dundee United.  He was alright from what I remember.

James McPake - 10 games in a half season loan from Livingston. Jim McInally claims that he was the first manager to move him to defence from attack, in a reserve game.

Stevie McCormick - a one month loan from Dundee, got one goal I think. More remembered for the cartwheel celebration when scoring against us for Stirling Albion. 

Lee Robertson - an Aussie full back who signed for us back in out 3rd Division season (02/03), and scored in his only start. He then vanished, never to be seen again.

Paddy Cregg - played one trial match, Allan Moore offered him a deal, he rejected it to sign for the dirty midden

Jose Quitongo - played one trial match, Allan Evans offered him a deal, he rejected it to sign for the dirty midden

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

Robbie Crawford and both Young brothers make up the most genuinely forgettable midfield three in our history. Most poor centre backs or forwards stand out by being donkeys, those three just hid in the centre circle every week until they were emptied from the club.