Week 2

lichtie23

Just now, Fife Saint said:

Burrow strip sacked into next season.

Staring down the field and totally oblivious to the pressure. 

I always enjoy these Thursday games. Ineptitude is entertaining when it's relatively equal across both teams. I really CBA with 51-49 shootouts and find them like watching paint dry.

Just watched the condensed game. Seemed decent entertainment. Burrow showed flashes of brilliance but he needs to learn to throw the ball away. Mayfield did well apart from a daft INT. The Browns will win plenty games with their running game. Chubb is an absolute baller and is complemented really well by Hunt.

I think there's already something wrong with AJ Green that isn't just down to rust. His catching radius appears to have diminished markedly, and while he hasn't had any egregiously bad drops in these two games, he has invariably failed to make even the moderately difficult catches that he used to snag as a matter of routine.

Perhaps it is just a bit of rust and age, it's not been the usual off-season where a rehabbing player has the very best chance to hit the ground running on week 1, but just giving it the eyeball test he looks like a shadow of the player he used to be.

I thought it was interesting listening to Aikman on the Mayfield INT. He says he believes it was a blown coverage, that Jackson should have been running perpendicular to the line shadowing the WR who ran into the opposite flat, but he totally lost him so decided to freeboot in the deep middle on a whim. Would explain why Mayfield was seemingly oblivious.

46 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think there's already something wrong with AJ Green that isn't just down to rust. His catching radius appears to have diminished markedly, and while he hasn't had any egregiously bad drops in these two games, he has invariably failed to make even the moderately difficult catches that he used to snag as a matter of routine.

Perhaps it is just a bit of rust and age, it's not been the usual off-season where a rehabbing player has the very best chance to hit the ground running on week 1, but just giving it the eyeball test he looks like a shadow of the player he used to be.

I thought it was interesting listening to Aikman on the Mayfield INT. He says he believes it was a blown coverage, that Jackson should have been running perpendicular to the line shadowing the WR who ran into the opposite flat, but he totally lost him so decided to freeboot in the deep middle on a whim. Would explain why Mayfield was seemingly oblivious.

Pretty simple: he's 32 and at least 3 years past his prime.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched the condensed game. Seemed decent entertainment. Burrow showed flashes of brilliance but he needs to learn to throw the ball away. Mayfield did well apart from a daft INT. The Browns will win plenty games with their running game. Chubb is an absolute baller and is complemented really well by Hunt.

Those 2 have the potential to be as good as Kamara and Ingram were for the Saints 2 or 3 years ago. There aren't many (if any) stronger backfields in the entire league.