Week 2

lichtie23

17 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

The Chargers used to list him as 6'0". :lol: I've stood right in front of him, and I can assure you he is most definitely nowhere near being a six-footer.

I wasn't worried when we drafted him, until I watched him play in 2002 and he'd bean an OL in the back of the head at least once per game without fail. 

Brees has had a bit of a bizarre career really. There's no way you'd have said he'd achieve what he has when you looked at him on the field back in 2002-2003. I have no doubt that he'd be long gone and forgotten had he played out his career in SD under Norv Turner and that moron McCoy, but I have always wondered what his numbers would look like now had he played the entirety of his career under Payton and started from day 1 in the NFL.

After watching him at Purdue, I thought he'd be pretty good, but never expected this type of career. Usually takes a QB a good few years to get adjusted to the league, especially back then.