Celtic v Livingston

Didn't go as badly as I thought but can't help but think how it would have went if we didn't line up so negatively and started with at least one of Lokotsch and Robinson if not both.
Think part of the reason they had some joy was due to the Celtic defence tiring. Can't fault Tiffoney for his effort and won us the penalty. Can hold our heads high with the result to be fair. Thought Efe was brilliant, Holt was solid, Serrano will be nailed on starter every week. Big game coming up next so hopefully we can push on. Gutted Carlo made a mess of that header at the end...that would have been an absolute robbery of epic proportions

Disagree with all of that. 
I think Bartley is getting a hard time because a lot of the work he does won't be picked up by tv cameras. If there were fans at the games, able to see the full pitch at all times then they'd see what he brings. The commentators on BBC radio praised him a few times. Tiffoney was onto a loss straight away... he's come in and lead the line fairly well but he's up against some absolute giants. His pace got us in behind a couple of times and he won the penalty...can't judge the lad on this game. McCrorie....I just don't get how he's so highly rated. My rangers supporting mate has watched a few of our games and has said he hopes they sell him as he's nowhere near good enough for rangers. His kicking is woeful, how many times did he kick it straight out of play under no pressure? He made a decent save in the second half but one you'd expect a keeper to make. He's rushed off his line early again and made it easy for their 3rd goal.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
9 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think Bartley is getting a hard time because a lot of the work he does won't be picked up by tv cameras. If there were fans at the games, able to see the full pitch at all times then they'd see what he brings. The commentators on BBC radio praised him a few times. Tiffoney was onto a loss straight away... he's come in and lead the line fairly well but he's up against some absolute giants. His pace got us in behind a couple of times and he won the penalty...can't judge the lad on this game. McCrorie....I just don't get how he's so highly rated. My rangers supporting mate has watched a few of our games and has said he hopes they sell him as he's nowhere near good enough for rangers. His kicking is woeful, how many times did he kick it straight out of play under no pressure? He made a decent save in the second half but one you'd expect a keeper to make. He's rushed off his line early again and made it easy for their 3rd goal.

Bartley has been on poor form but he was fine today. Thought Tiffoney had a really good showing against 3 giant centre halves and won the penalty as you say.

I think I see Devlin in the same way you see McCrorie. Maybe came out a little too quick but I think it's good play from Celtic. He's through on goal regardless of whether McCrorie comes out. If Stryjek has a good run in the league cup, he will deserve more of a chance in the league. 

Tiffoney did a lot better than i expected, got us the pen and nipped in almost getting onto a through ball to nick it past their keeper just after they went ahead, decent shift from him. What a goal from Serrano, didn't even get a mention from the stream i watched, their commentators just went silent, dunno if they were in shock.😂

Pity Carlo couldn't nick a draw at the end, would've been scenes in a few LIVIingrooms.

From our perspective the equaliser was disappointing, you just can't stand off McGregor giving him an invite to shoot, and Devlin shitting out the block is annoying too, it deflected off his arse/back because he keeps on turning away shitting out trying to take one for the team. Same last week against Accies for their opener, Holt keeps banging on about being brave and sticking heads in where it hurts, needing to give Devlin a bollocking for not doing that. "nd i think came from us not recovering yet from the equaliser and got caught out, poor defending for the ball into our box, but a slick move from Celtic.

Ajeti's goal too, thought McCrorie made the wrong decision to come out, and was stuck in ni man's land, making it easy for Ajeti to bend it around him.

Feel a bit disappointed we didn't get a point but a bold effort, still come away with feckall though, so really looking forward to the Sportscene guys patronizing wee pat on the head to Livi.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

McCrorie....I just don't get how he's so highly rated. My rangers supporting mate has watched a few of our games and has said he hopes they sell him as he's nowhere near good enough for rangers. His kicking is woeful, how many times did he kick it straight out of play under no pressure? He made a decent save in the second half but one you'd expect a keeper to make. He's rushed off his line early again and made it easy for their 3rd goal.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think I see Devlin in the same way you see McCrorie. Maybe came out a little too quick but I think it's good play from Celtic. He's through on goal regardless of whether McCrorie comes out. If Stryjek has a good run in the league cup, he will deserve more of a chance in the league. 

I take it back. I think he gets caught in two minds about coming out and may have made it more difficult had he stayed back. Bartley doesn't cover himself in glory on that goal either.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Not sour grapes.But if thats Celtic going for 10 in a row.Think again.Teams better offensivly would have damaged them today. Yeh missing Edwaurd etc up front. But Lennon knows he games that will ultimatly decide this..They wont cruise to ten as im in previous years.Yeh imo theyl still win  it but not in a cantour. 

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Tiffoney did a lot better than i expected, got us the pen and nipped in almost getting onto a through ball to nick it past their keeper just after they went ahead, decent shift from him. What a goal from Serrano, didn't even get a mention from the stream i watched, their commentators just went silent, dunno if they were in shock.😂

Pity Carlo couldn't nick a draw at the end, would've been scenes in a few LIVIingrooms.

From our perspective the equaliser was disappointing, you just can't stand off McGregor giving him an invite to shoot, and Devlin shitting out the block is annoying too, it deflected off his arse/back because he keeps on turning away shitting out trying to take one for the team. Same last week against Accies for their opener, Holt keeps banging on about being brave and sticking heads in where it hurts, needing to give Devlin a bollocking for not doing that. "nd i think came from us not recovering yet from the equaliser and got caught out, poor defending for the ball into our box, but a slick move from Celtic.

Ajeti's goal too, thought McCrorie made the wrong decision to come out, and was stuck in ni man's land, making it easy for Ajeti to bend it around him.

Feel a bit disappointed we didn't get a point but a bold effort, still come away with feckall though, so really looking forward to the Sportscene guys patronizing wee pat on the head to Livi.

I'll take back what I said about Serrano before the game played frimpong well and was a good strike for his goal.
For me Sibbald should've been sent off for the challenge on Christie (knee high kick) with force.
I'm enjoying the roller coaster ride Lennon is putting the Celtic fans through it's magic.
No Julian,Forrest or French Eddie well done Lennon big balls.  

Edited by wastecoatwilly

The first Celtic goal, player bursts forward from his own half, leaves Tiffoney looking as if he's running on the spot, then slips a ball through 4 defenders to Ajeti,who's managed to lose Ambrose...Ambrose didn't even sense the danger ,Ajeti then takes a bad touch, ,Ambrose by this time managed to turn around and try's to put in a tackle  Ajeti  holds the ball up does a u turn ,Barclay then has a chance to tackle him ,doesn't, Ajeti just slips a ball to the side,there are 2 unmarked celtic players waiting, Mc Gregor shoots from corner of 18 yard box, gets lucky with a deflection .

The second goal, if you don't put a tackle in (Bartley)you get punished, nobody bothering  to mark Christie, free run, easy goal 

The third goal, Bartley just let's the Celtic guy run by him without making a tackle, then the whole defence caught out with 1 simple pass.

Liv's team from 2 year back defended from the centre of the park, chasing, hustling ,tackling 
this lot don't do any of this...

That's three goals conceded. In three games. Against what's likely the bottom quarter of the the league come the end of the season. 
Duffy is scoring goals but he's not really making the defence any better, is he? 

It’s 3 goals in 2 games.