Celtic v Livingston

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Not many folk talking about Celtic's second actually being offside :shutup

Thats probably because he wasn't.

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's three goals conceded. In three games. Against what's likely the bottom quarter of the the league come the end of the season. 

Duffy is scoring goals but he's not really making the defence any better, is he? 

The difference is already noticeable for me, defence also take more more time to gel usually than attackers as well. Today was a penalty that you cant do too much about and a shot from 25 yards out. We have missed Boyatas defensive aerial ability since he left and general any floating ball in the box is now his. His organisation is much needed as well. I was happy to get him but wasn’t really getting the fanfare, you would have thought we were signing Paul McGrath but he has definitely helped the defence even if some of the stats have yet to show it.

Watching the highlights last night, I wonder if coming out and closing down strikers early is something that Livi have asked McCrorie to do because of how quickly he covers ground. He did something similar with a shot from the right that he ended up saving (can’t remember who took it).

Its odd because IIRC, at Queens this is not something he did very often. Might just take him time to get familiar with it.

29 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The difference is already noticeable for me, defence also take more more time to gel usually than attackers as well. Today was a penalty that you cant do too much about and a shot from 25 yards out. We have missed Boyatas defensive aerial ability since he left and general any floating ball in the box is now his. His organisation is much needed as well. I was happy to get him but wasn’t really getting the fanfare, you would have thought we were signing Paul McGrath but he has definitely helped the defence even if some of the stats have yet to show it.

Paul McGrath ? If you listened to the Scottish media you’d have thought you were signing Maldini or Baresi. It’s been a long time since I remember the media heralding a signing in Scotland with as much excitement as this.

Hugh Keevins called him ‘the most iconic player ever to play for Celtic’ - a total insult to guys like McGrory, McNeill, McGrain to name a few.

I'm confuzzled, Drew to his credit, was pointing out that racellik had conceded 3 in 2 games rather than 3 games. Duffy is doing what I suspected he would in setpiece situations up here but the back door still seems a bit insecure, would rather have that than boring clean sheet merchants anyday tbh.

14 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I'm confuzzled, Drew to his credit, was pointing out that racellik had conceded 3 in 2 games rather than 3 games. Duffy is doing what I suspected he would in setpiece situations up here but the back door still seems a bit insecure, would rather have that than boring clean sheet merchants anyday tbh.

The sycophantic nature of his arrival is deliberate by the media and some Celtic fans still get taking in by it.
Then you get fannies on here judging him after 3 games like hes not living up to the hype created.
Celtic have conceded the same amount of goals in the same amount of games from last season with a new keeper and new centre half.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The sycophantic nature of his arrival is deliberate by the media and some Celtic fans still get taking in by it.
Then you get fannies on here judging him after 3 games like hes not living up to the hype created.
Celtic have conceded the same amount of goals in the same amount of games from last season with a new keeper and new centre half.

Much as it pains me to admit, he will be far more positive than negative for your mob this season. I said as much in an earlier post but his organisational skills in defence allied to his attacking prowess makes him a slightly richer mans Stephen McManus. Damn him to eternal flip.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Not by the officials nope, but it does look a tad offside, however Sportscene said there wasn't good enough camera angles to examine it closer to be conclusive.

Carlo Pignatiello got a free header near the end of the game from a floated ball into your box, that could easily have been an equaliser. 

11 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'll take back what I said about Serrano before the game played frimpong well and was a good strike for his goal.
For me Sibbald should've been sent off for the challenge on Christie (knee high kick) with force.
I'm enjoying the roller coaster ride Lennon is putting the Celtic fans through it's magic.
No Julian,Forrest or French Eddie well done Lennon big balls.  

He was a bit too eager to go in with a challenge in his debut against Aberdeen but has looked better with each game, def likes to have a shot at goal too, think he'll score a few like that this season.

Dunno if Sibbs deserved a red, but if there had been supporters there, the ref may have been swayed by the crowds reaction to it.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

And spent £7m to do so. You're kind of defeating your own argument here, Willy.

Yep, absolutely devastated by the signings so far what a waste of money.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He was a bit too eager to go in with a challenge in his debut against Aberdeen but has looked better with each game, def likes to have a shot at goal too, think he'll score a few like that this season.

Dunno if Sibbs deserved a red, but if there had been supporters there, the ref may have been swayed by the crowds reaction to it.

I still think he needs to calm down a bit or he will get sent off, took Frimpong out running back then caught Ntcham in the same moment but looks a very good signing if he stays on the pitch.
It wasn't good from Sibbald I don't think he is that type of player,he hurt himself by kicking Christie's knee which shows the force and aggression, very lucky to get away with a yellow.  

31 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Sportscene agenda stayed clear of the Sibbald tackle but it's here about 4 mins in.

Are we just ignoring klimala's studs up challenge on Holt?

Can see Taylor is just behind Devlin in an offside position when McGregor plays the ball through to him too.

56 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Studs up? Behave, got a deserved yellow. End of story.

Does look a tad more dangerous than Sibbald's though, going through Holt as opposed to kicking him, happy enough for both to be yellows.

58 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can see Taylor is just behind Devlin in an offside position when McGregor plays the ball through to him too.

Does look a tad more dangerous than Sibbald's though, going through Holt as opposed to kicking him, happy enough for both to be yellows.

It's a very tight call stopped it on 3 mins 16 maybe an arm off great movement but Barkley doesn't get tight enough plus the big number 3 has got to play to the whistle instead he stands with his hand up and lets Christie run off him.